FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Working Out The Various What'ifs

latviaman

I find it all confusing working out the various permutations regarding us staying up.

But at the risk of being controversial, if the team had got rid of Brewster earlier, or not reappointed him , we wouldn't be doing our heads in working out what Iffs

sorry if I offend anyone

Your not wrong there.

If Falkirk beat Midden on Saturday we only need 1pt to stay up that is what i expect to happen.

is that a mathematical certainty is results go that way? havent worked out the permutations.....

<br />
Your not wrong there.<br /><br /><b>If Falkirk beat Midden on Saturday we only need 1pt to stay up that is what i expect to happen.</b>
<br /><br />is that a mathematical certainty is results go that way? havent worked out the permutations.....<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Yeah if Falkirk beat st mirren we are 3 points above st mirren so if we get a point on sat and st mirren lose they go down.

Your not wrong there.

If Falkirk beat Midden on Saturday we only need 1pt to stay up that is what i expect to happen.

is that a mathematical certainty is results go that way? havent worked out the permutations.....

Hence my earlier post, even if we had won ONLY three games much earlier in the season we would not be having this conversation

if the team had got rid of Brewster earlier, or not reappointed him , we wouldn't be doing our heads in working out what Iffs

sorry if I offend anyone

We were cutting it fine getting rid after the Hamilton game. I'm sure if he'd stayed much longer we'd be sunk already. Anyway, onwards and upwards :021:

You have to hope the Midden get nothing on Saturday, OR we win........ anything else and we've got a cup final the following week.

(and Falkirk have a cup final the week after :016: )

Only a matter of weeks ago we drew with Celtic & Beat Rangers two teams battling for SPL title & places in Champions League !

So if we are capable of beating them then no reason why we shouldnt beat Killie on Saturday

MON ICT YOU CAN & WILL DO IT :021: :016: :crazy03:

We win or draw......Falkirk win..................safe

We lose................Falkirk win..................need a point or hope Midden dont score more goals than us.

We win.................Falkirk lose................safe

We draw or lose.....Falkirk lose................need a point from last game

Both games a draw then its down to the wire or hope to hell the Midden new ground keeps up its reputation.

Thinking about it. Although it was not much fun at the time, losing that game at Hamilton was a blessing. If we hadn't, we would possibly be discussing next season in the first division already. I think Brewster probably got a month to long.

In the last six games only the OF have performed better than us. However, on our tail is Killie and Falkirk!!!! Hamilton and St Mirren taking up the bottom two slots.

Now this would appear that we have to take our result from two teams performing as well as we are, at the moment, so it will be a big effort OR a big slice of luck OR maybe both!!

Brewster should have had the heave-ho after the Aberdeen game in december, it was shocking how the team just fell apart after they scored the first goal.

Given that it was another 6 weeks before Butch was installed, the new managewr would have had a lot more time to arrange for new players in the window ( although Morais was a very good signing IMHO)

Thinking about it. Although it was not much fun at the time, losing that game at Hamilton was a blessing. If we hadn't, we would possibly be discussing next season in the first division already. I think Brewster probably got a month to long.

Much agreed. If Butcher had come in a month earlier i think we would be safe and he may have had time to sign more players of Foran/Kerr standard. Although in saying that Brew was responsible for bringing in Morais and Mihadjuks. 2 players who have contributed alot to the cause (Unlike the rest of his signings).

We can debate what if's all we like but the fact is the task is simple come Saturday. We need to win to stay up and hope the Bairns can do a favour.

The permutations are

IF Kevin Kyle takes a knock from all our players with no cards shown.

IF All the AWAY support nutters turn up.

IF The fans who don't usually travel to away games turn up, as it is the second last game of the season and ICT need us there.

= CALEY THISTLE GO BALLISTIC.

If we have a range of permutations just to survive look at the paranoia and denial here:

http://www.followfollow.com/news/loadnews....W&id=447428

Conspiracy Theory Number 1 Grant Munro's header did not cross the line but the Highlanders are an honest bunch so give them the benefit of doubt.

Conspiracy Theory Number 2 Novo scores, the linesman is about to give it, but a mystery voice in his head says 'It's only Rangers and they do not deserve the title because Barry likes his drink'.

<br />If we have a range of permutations just to survive look at the paranoia and denial here:<br /><br /><a href="http://www.followfollow.com/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&amp;id=447428" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.followfollow.com/news/loadnews....W&amp;id=447428</a><br /><br />Conspiracy Theory Number 1 Grant Munro's header did not cross the line but the Highlanders are an honest bunch so give them the benefit of doubt.<br />Conspiracy Theory Number 2 Novo scores, the linesman is about to give it, but a mystery voice in his head says 'It's only Rangers and they do not deserve the title because Barry likes his drink'.<br />

Wow, that is an amazing read. That there are people out there who believe this sort of thing does not suprise me anymore but my god.

After the loss to Hamilton in January we were relegated. Huge credit to Terry n June for turning it around and bringing us back from the dead.

Now FFS just finish the f**kin job. My nerves cannot take much more of this.

i would love a last day, winner takes all decider wi the bairns. Sure our form against them is pish but i reckon we are in a better position now than we have been all seaon to finish them off. It would make the game interesting.

Edited by ICTBTTH

Given the fact I'm at the peak of exams atm, the way ICT are going about staying up dosen't half help nerves. I just want this done as this is a season overall i would love to see the back off. Don't get me wrong TB and MM have done a terrific job getting us where we are now but back December time it was just an utter nightmare and it's an experience i don't want again in the near future.

I want our status secure asap so we can get our squad sorted out, get some proper players in and allow our manager to get this team back challenging for the top 6 spot next season. If we stay up i see us becoming a team to beat next season.

Edited by ajsict92