FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Wood and Vigurs (including assault charge)

WYNESS101

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woods - Scored a brillant goal against Celtic and is also SPL stand, if not, English Premier League..

Are you joking? No way near SPL standard, although good luck to him - maybe someday!

• 2 weeks later...

If the report is accurate that the attack only happened on Sunday, the incident can have nothing to do with the reason for his release from ICT, which happened weeks ago.

You are quite right. For some odd reason I seemed to "read" that it happened ages ago :) If someone wants to post one of those "FAIL!" pictures feel free.

Sorry Ian! :lol:

Edited by RiG

At the moment the thread is inaccurate in that it is currently alleged that Vigurs carried out the attack. He was not sold either. On the basis the allegation is proven it is quite possible he will not escape a custodial sentence and may also find Ross County's ethics find no truck with his apparent beliefs. The support many of us gave him will evaporate immediately.

Edited by CELTIC1CALEY3

*Vigurs in court over street attack*

Wonder if this story had anything to do with Vigurs getting released.

If the report is accurate that the attack only happened on Sunday, the incident can have nothing to do with the reason for his release from ICT, which happened weeks ago.

Perhaps we got rid because his attitude was wrong, and this incident (if true) is a further, more serious example of said bad attitude.

Edited by kiltarlity

Remember that these are only allegations at this stage and any posts which imply guilt will be deleted.

Like anyone else charged with a criminal offence in this country Iain is entitled to the presumption of innocence unless or until proven otherwise.

County seem to Problem FC these days. That's them signed Vigurs, they signed Hart after the whole drugs shabang, they had Tony Bullock, they also had that boy Stachan who beat his partner up a few months ago, players physically fighting with the boss. All fun and games down Dingwall way.

If allegations stated in todays courier about Ian Vigurs & his brother are found to be true , then its good riddance , we dont want Racism at our club ,

It just shocks me to think this could happen after all the advertising & promotions within the SPL against this type of behaviour .

:mellow: Thoughts ?

Edited by Fanoffooty

I often feel racism is a difficult issue. If you get involved in a scrap with someone from a ethnic minority it is sometimes too easy for them to claim it is a racist attack, when it may well not have been motivated by racism at all.

Don't get me wrong I'm totally against racism...

But I do know of one asian guy who only still has his job with a goverment department because he plays the racist card every time he gets into trouble at work, and they are too scared to sack him. If he was wasp his shinanigins would have seen him sacked years ago.

Edited by kiltarlity

Despite Kingsmills warning I have had to remove some posts which breach the sites policy on these matters.

Any further posts which assume/imply guilt will also be removed and the user will find themselves banned from posting on the subject.

Despite Kingsmills warning I have had to remove some posts which breach the sites policy on these matters.

Any further posts which assume/imply guilt will also be removed and the user will find themselves banned from posting on the subject.

IF any football player is found guilty of a racist attack then it might be quite hard for a manager to integrate him into the multi-cultural makeup of the modern team. Therefore, he would not be a viable proposition and the manager would have done good business in letting him go. This would also make his employment in any other club quite insecure, no matter his talent or potantial.

Also one of the posters on that teams website might have heard it alleged sometime ago that the player was a bad lot from a bad family in Kirkcaldy.

To add to what CaleyD and Kingsmills have already said - please note that just like we did with the Richie Hart incident, we will remove any posts that are getting into the details of this case before it has reached its conclusion. It is a matter that is currently before the courts, the accused have pleaded not guilty, and we have to be very careful not to allow anything that is not established as facts. Please also note that our "private life" rules still apply and anyone overstepping the mark there will also be sanctioned in an appropriate fashion.

If allegations stated in todays courier about Ian Vigurs & his brother are found to be true , then its good riddance , we dont want Racism at our club ,

It just shocks me to think this could happen after all the advertising & promotions within the SPL against this type of behaviour .

:rolleyes: Thoughts ?

We have enough of that in the stands , remember the great laugh it was singing the famine song ?