Dundee -V- ICT : Matchday Thread

Scotty

Getting back to the subs mystery, both Mike and myself seem to think it was:

Ross for Eagles

Rooney for Hayes

Morisson for Proctor

McBain and Allison were unsused subs.

Any advance on that?

Cox definitely got a yellow, wasn't it for taking Hart down near half way when they were breaking?

I'll go with those - don't believe the BBC - they're using third hand info, and got it wrong last week as well.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stadium announcer defo said that Allison was subbed on at the end but, i'm sure you cant do that.

Do what? :003:

Sub a Substitute goalkeeper for an outfield player. As Caleyjag pointed out (and I missed), the announcer had Rooney as the sub GK, and this seems to be where the problem arose.

Life is tougher without names on shirts. Which reminds of the wee man (about 10yo) I saw at East End Park, and today, with "3 Djebi-Zadi" on the back of his 09/10 away shirt - how'd he do that then?

The stadium announcer defo said that Allison was subbed on at the end but, i'm sure you cant do that.

Sub a Substitute goalkeeper for an outfield player. As Caleyjag pointed out (and I missed), the announcer had Rooney as the sub GK, and this seems to be where the problem arose.

Life is tougher without names on shirts. Which reminds of the wee man (about 10yo) I saw at East End Park, and today, with "3 Djebi-Zadi" on the back of his 09/10 away shirt - how'd he do that then?

By going to a shop and asking for it on the back!

Pretty obvious Allison didnt come on outfield but you could do that if you wanted. If you really wanted you could sub Rooney for Esson and put rooney in goal and put allison on upfront for foran.

Shop dont do any shirt printing. The guy in the victoria market does shirt printing. JJB dont do it for us since they dont sell our tops

I thought Lionel had swung out at McMenamin as well...and near the end Dundee had a free kick at the end of the game, right in front of goal..anyoneknow why? Also, I'm not casting aspertions but there was one well dodgy looking steward - the other side of the goal from the Gringos - did anyone see him?

Bob.jpg

Slumming it as a Steward today at Dens Park :003:

Pretty obvious Allison didnt come on outfield but you could do that if you wanted. If you really wanted you could sub Rooney for Esson and put rooney in goal and put allison on upfront for foran.

a: So which shop would that be then?

b: No, you can only replace a keeper with an outfield player if either the keeper has been sent off, or the keeper has been taken off injured. You can only sub the sub keeper for an outfield player if the outfield player is playing in goal for one of the aforementioned reasons (or immediately following the sending off/injury for any outfielder).

Read a few posts up already said which shop :003:

Please show me where you saw that rule that rules out goalkeepers coming on as outfield players?

Re: Shop - yes I've seen it now - i wasn't arguing, I just wanted to know, 'cos it's cool.

Re: Subs rule - I'll get back to you, I'm on cerebral go-slow due to too much "Mount Gay" rum, possibly brought on by all the singing about loving Cox.

F**k you Dundee you'll never win the league!

You'll never win the league!

You'll never win the league!

(Repeat to fade walking down Tannadice Street)

:D

Edited by RiG

I remember David James going up front for the last ten mins for or at man city i think, well funny he just conceded a lot of fouls!

Back to game, cracker, pretty nerve wracking towards the end, both teams looking for the win but butcher and the players seemed well pleased when leaving the pitch.

Dundee looked pretty average apart from harkins he absolutly dominated proctor in the first half hour, griffths looked dangerous when coming on. Our strikers were causing their defence a lot of problems.

Us - zadi played very well, proctor had a better second half with hayes doubling up on Harkins a lot more. Munro looked classy. Bully was solid.

Cox was everywhere, real box to box midfielder, if he got injured we would really struggle. stratford was ok but game passed him by a bit. Eagle again ok but seems to lack confidence always rushing passes and crosses, never really taking players on. Hayes was good, very direct always running at their full back.

Foran and Sanchez linked really well, noticed a big difference in Sanchez from the pars game, looks a handy player. Foran as naughty as ever with the uncontested drop goal attempt!

First half we were better, Second half they were better. Could have gone either way so the right result. Lets get right into county!!!

fantastic first half, the second calmed down quite a bit, but the players seemed to prove a point. coming back from 1-0 then 2-1 down against a team who spent more in one summer than we have on transfers in our entire history, a point well-earned.

foran and sanchez were immense up front, altho sanchez perhaps a little lacking in strikers sharpness when fluffing two shots in the 2nd when he probably should have scored both.

the midfield was strong, cox and hayes in particular, eagles seems to either be lacking match fitness (surely not) or just confidence. stratford was strong, but at times let a few players forget he was there.

defence was excellent, lionel and munro superb and bulvitis did a good job when covering for proctor and placing the clamps on harkins. proctor though was probably the weak link, didn't track back well in the first half, was at fault for the 2 goal, improved in the 2nd half, but then that was mostly with hayes tracking back as well. once roscoe is back then we will have the best defence in the division.

good point, even with 3 key players missing (and if dundee were without harkins, kerr or bullock we would have beaten them easily).

What does Kerr have to do with anything - he was rubbish and had no bearing on the game. Harkins and Bullock were fantastic however. I was disappointed when he (Kerr) left as I felt he could've been a real asset for us but if those are the performances he turns in this season then (summarised as an emoticon) - :D

Just to echo what everyone else has said, a cracking game with lots of passing football and chances created by both sides. What a contrast from last season. Munro looks a far more composed player with Bulivitis beside him. I feel that some of the criticism of Eagle is a little harsh - he wasn't particularly bad yesterday and may develop more confidence with more games, although he does look a little lightweight. Mind you, I do think it should be him rather than Hayes who makes way when Imrie returns. Two particular pieces of praise:

Terry Butcher. There were a few question marks over some of his tactical decisions towards the end of last season, but the passing game he has tried to implement this season and the spirit he has obviously fostered in the team are really encouraging. Also, he appears to have done two crucial bits of business in unearthing Cox and in persuading Foran to stay. These were our most influential players yesterday, both demonstrating intelligent, direct attacking play and tremendous workrates.

The away support. By all accounts it was excellent at Dunfermline, and it certainly was yesterday, singing throughout the game and all the way down the street afterwards. I find it hard to tell by looking, but I'd hazard a guess that we had 3-400 there yesterday - definitely more than we took to the majority of SPL grounds last season. Quite rightly, Butcher made sure the players acknowledged the support, and the gesture was appreciated.

By the sounds of things County were woeful yesterday, and if our team can combine the same sort of attacking play with the spirit it showed yesterday , than ICT should have a great chance of a win. Hopefully the home support will also show the same sort of backing that the away support showed yesterday. If so, it has the makings of a great occasion.

Edited by alternative maryhill

Cracking game of football, end to end stuff and both sides had plenty of chances to win it. But at the end I was very relieved to hear the whistle - their subs strengthened them whilst ours tended to weaken us.

In the first half we were miles better than them and should have been ahead. Hayes, Foran and Sanchez were combining superbly up the right, with neat passing, dummies and great touches to carve them open repeatedly. second halh was different though, as the players tired. Sanchez little in the 2nd except miss our best chances of the game.

Great performances by Munro, Foran, Hayes, Cox and Lionel. Hard to pick a MOM.

Only negative was Eagle.

Dundee were something of a one man team - Harkins is a helluva a player to have at this level though.

Pretty much exactly my thoughts on the game :D

In terms of subs it was definitely

Ross on for Eagle

Rooney on for Hayes

Morrison on for Proctor

Do what? :D

a: So which shop would that be then?

b: No, you can only replace a keeper with an outfield player if either the keeper has been sent off, or the keeper has been taken off injured. You can only sub the sub keeper for an outfield player if the outfield player is playing in goal for one of the aforementioned reasons (or immediately following the sending off/injury for any outfielder).

I dont know what specific shop this guy went to, but i've had names numbers put on my shirt before in the Market and there must be other places where you can get it done as well.

For the rule, where on earth are you getting that!? You can sub anyone for anyone you want. There have been instances where sub keeper has been brought on outfield. And if you really wanted you could sub a striker into goal but it just never happens. Everyone is registered as a player not in specific positions so everyone is free to play in what ever position the manager wants, at any time.

Hopefully Harkins will get bought by a bigger team in January if he keeps before as well as he is.

No chance of that happening.

Dundee have got money to burn, so there is absolutely no need to sell their best player(s). They are looking to get into the SPL, so will turn down all bids unless/until they are mathematically out of the promotion race.

Unless Harkins has a release fee specified in his contract, which is a distinct possibility. If a top 6 SPL club were interested, he'd want out in a second, and his agent would surelt have thought of that when the contract was being negotiated.

If he doesn't, a few bigger teams come in and Dundee keep rejecting the offers, he'll become unhappy, which would be great. I reckon a Championship club might come in for him, as they might see him as a Graham Doorans type going from Division 1 to the Championship and doing well and would be cheap in comparision to the money the spend in England.