Arsenal keeper (a few years ago)

Yngwie

I have some recollection that a few years ago we came close to bringing in a keeper from Arsenal on loan. The deal apparently fell apart when we refused to offer a guaranteed starting place.

Can anyone remember who the keeper was, and when this happened?

I have some recollection that a few years ago we came close to bringing in a keeper from Arsenal on loan. The deal apparently fell apart when we refused to offer a guaranteed starting place.

Can anyone remember who the keeper was, and when this happened?

was the same year sokes was at falkirk was it not?

cant remember his name though

According to here, he was called Vito Mannone. ICT were quite keen for him but Wenger refused due to the fact he wouldn't be guaranteed first team football ever week (Fraser had just become first choice at that time). The deal fell through so ICT went for then Clach and former ICT sub keeper Ally Ridgers.

Edited by Renegade

It was Vito Mannone. He is their 3rd choice atm.

He had been on loan at lower league English teams and after we sold Mark Brown we looked at getting him in but only as cover for Fraser so the deal never happened, we brought back Ridgers instead.

Was talking about him the other week actually, just after he had a blinder against Fulham and to think we could have had him instead of Mike Fraser and Ally Ridgers.

He is really young but is probably one of the best keepers in the EPL from what i have seen of him. Took his chance well this season when the other two were out.

a slight exaggeration!

Well one of the best under 25 keepers in the EPL. I would take him above Foster.