FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

If we don't win the league...

Harry Chibber

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer to win?

• Dungdee
    • C*unty

Since I started my optimistic thread, I thought I'd write up something for all you 'half empty' supporters.

Do you vote Dungdee because of your unbridled hate for Dingwall and anything that comes from it or because the Dees are already an 'SPL club' and are more likely to give it a go in the top division?

Or, would you prefer C*unty to make it there for the good of the highlands and the fact Lee Griffith's is a pr!ck?

For me, I can't imagine anything worse than watching the Dingwall tinks play on some 3rd rate satellite channel while we're stuck listening to daft radio presenters fight amongst themselves to shout a scoreline on open all mics.... even contemplating it makes me feel ill

If it come down to the last day of the season, we can't get promoted and have a say on who out of the 2 goes up I hope Tokely sticks 5 in our own net.

thoughts?

Edited by Harry Chibber

Since I started my optimistic thread, I thought I'd write up something for all you 'half empty' supporters.

Do you vote Dungdee because of your unbridled hate for Dingwall and anything that comes from it or because the Dees are already an 'SPL club' and are more likely to give it a go in the top division?

Or, would you prefer C*unty to make it there for the good of the highlands and the fact Lee Griffith's is a pr!ck?

For me, I can't imagine anything worse than watching the Dingwall tinks play on some 3rd rate satellite channel while we're stuck listening to daft radio presenters fight amongst themselves to shout a scoreline on open all mics.... even contemplating it makes me feel ill

thoughts?

Yeah.... County for me, 'cos coming up the A9 really p1sses off that Chic Young cretin. Take your point about 3rd rate satellite TV, and daft radio presenters on "open all mics" all the same.

For me - County

Not because I love them in any fashion, just because I don't want to see teams (like Dundee) buy the title, County have played good football this season, and most of all, if County were to be promoted, I doubt ICT would like to be seen as the "little" team in the Highlands, and could give the club a boot up the backside and make the team strive even harder to be successful.

Dunfermline could put pressure on us from the rear.

They are only 5 points behind us with the same number of games played. They play Raith at home tonight which could be points in the bag, although they are complaining about possible 8 players missing.

Don't discount them yet. They were also one of the best teams we have played this season. Dundee and County also have to visit them and there could be points dropped there. We have Pars at home near the end of the season. (3rd last game)

Dunfermline could put pressure on us from the rear.

would prefer they didn't :angry:

They are only 5 points behind us with the same number of games played. They play Raith at home tonight which could be points in the bag, although they are complaining about possible 8 players missing.

Don't discount them yet. They were also one of the best teams we have played this season. Dundee and County also have to visit them and there could be points dropped there. We have Pars at home near the end of the season. (3rd last game)

Sorry manny.. hopefully they can do us a favour with other results but IMO they don't have much chance of getting near the top. .... and it's my OP so there

Would have to be Dundee with out a doubt! It would be a lot better them winning the league over County from an ICT perspective for a few reasons!

Firstly Dundee, if they fail to go up this year may invest more into their squad to insure promotion the following season. This would make the league harder to win next year for us and would be easier instead with County and a relegated Hamilton/Falkirk in it.

Also County going up would financialy be bad for ICT, as well as losing the derby from a supporters perspective. We would be losing out on two 6-7,000 crowds and replacing them with crowds of around 3,000, possibly less. Also we would lose out on extra sponsership/hopsitality that the derby brings in. Furthermore sponsers in the Highlands would probably be inclined to put money into an spl club and ICT would lose out on local sponsership in this case.

I'm with Alex here, I ain't voting. I'd rather cut off my nipples with the rough edge of a rusty ring pull than watch either of those two win the league. As Maimie caused my loyalties to be questioned in another thread, I'll clarify. Dundee Utd (born and brought up an arab) and ICT (darned near every game for jeez knows how long) I'm not even thinking about some inbred fifers winning it either. Mon the ICT!

Dundee. If they're still in the first division next season they're bound to strengthen again with the money available from Calum Melville and they will start as favourites again. Can County be as good again next season? Also, Dundee are undoubtedly the biggest team in this divison and from the point of view of Scottish football it's probaly healthier if they rather than County are in the SPL - crowds are dire enough as it is. And finally, I just hate the idea of County being in a league higher than us.

Some people fooling themselves here. County going up would be a complete disaster for ICT.

I would have to go for the 'Tokely pokes five in his own net' option as outlined by Chibber.

Of course there is a precedent for this: 94-5 and ICT hump County 3-0 at Telford street to keep them in div 3.

Fast forward to 1997 and champions ICT lose 4-0 at home to Forfar, keeping the cabbagemen in their rightful place, one division below and ICT's feeder club..

Mind you it's coming up to County's annual springtime collapse anyway so just sit back and watch it happen: 2-1 at Raith last week, it's started :ohmy:

19 people have voted for County so far... :024: B) :huh: :huh:

I think some of you have gone soft... they're our rivals ffs!!

alex, davie, ocg I take you're points but just asking theoretical question if you don't mind directing all your optimism on the alternative thread.... this is purely for the pessimists