FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Richard Hastings

Desperados

I see in today's Daily Record, Hastings claims he has no regrets about leaving ICT and going to Hamilton. He then goes onto say that he didn't enjoy his last few months here (I'm guessing that would be since Butcher came in), due to his belief that he was treated "unacceptably".

Edited by Renegade

I see in today's Daily Record, Hastings claims he has no regrets about leaving ICT and going to Hamilton. He then goes onto say that he didn't enjoy his last few months here (I'm guessing that would be since Butcher came in), due to his belief that he was treated "unacceptably".

Well he was treated unacceptably, Butcher started playing Djebi Zadi didn't he?

Well he was treated unacceptably, Butcher started playing Djebi Zadi didn't he?

Well yes.... but Djebi-Zadi was an exciting player, who was always likely to deliver something unexpected....

:blink: I'm actually glad we had Djebi-Zadi, there was times when i thought he was great and then he'd let you down big time and you never wanted to see him again. He still brings a smile to my face, but probably not for his footballing skills.

I thought he did get treated pretty badly by both Butcher and the fans. Under Brew, Hastings not only had to watch the left-back position but, as Proctor (in central defence) wasn't strong enough to command that position, he was having to cover that as well. I remember fans getting on to Hastings for not supporting the midfield enough but, for me, he was put in an impossible position.

And although DZ was exciting enough, ICT were constantly under threat from that position. Had we been playing a 5 at the back tactic, the DZ could have slotted in well at wing-back but for a back four, it should have been Hastings as first pick.

• 2 weeks later...

Found a nice picture of him on Sky Sports Score Centre last night B)

richardduncan.jpg

He didn't look great against Argentina it has to be said, but neither did the rest of Canada...I would happily have him back, it can't be easy after being a regular start for so long to suddenly get dumped, so I don't blame him for feeling p*ssed off.

and the scary part is that Toronto FC are also looking for a left back !!!! A few scallywags have even mentioned him on the message boards simply because Stalteri (another possible target) was somewhat worse last night !!!

only if ICT take Nick Garcia !!! (trust me, he makes LDZ look world class).

anyhoo, back to Hastings. My answer would be NO, especially now that we have old stagers Golly and Roy signed up who can both cover that position and some promising youngsters who might grow into the role to replace them.

This is a thread about Richard Hastings not some blonde stunner ..... start a new thread if you want to discuss both of her merits rather than hijacking this one.