FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Question for golfers

Yngwie

I'm thinking of replacing my clubs while there are some end of season sales on. Since I got my current set 17 years ago, club technology has developed quite a bit and the choice is now baffling. What kind of thing should I be looking for, what should I take into account?

I'm a very high handicapper who only plays a few times a year, so there's no point going top of the range. And I know to get right handed clubs, but that's about it!

Yer neeeding periperal weighted (game improver) type irons as oposed to blades which are for better (single figure handicap) golfers,they make hitting the ba affy easy (if it's ever easy)but you dont get the same control as blades.Jumbo drivers also make hitting further and more consistant due to large sweetspot.I would say forget sales and go into pro's shop. Alistair at Inverness always has plenty trade in's that the lads that aye buy the good stuff and change every season have traded in and Mel or Robert will keep you right.

FOOOOOOORRRRRRE

Good advice from previous posts

Martin in the Castle Heather shop will let you try out any clubs that catch your eye...

Take care if going on to the practice ground at Inverness (Culcabock) Hielandee is often to be seen spraying his balls around there.... wear a hard hat....!!  :015: :015:

Question for golfers

Dont you guys realise how beautiful our countryside is? You go out there in all weathers gouging lumps out of the landscape with your silly sticks and trample all over the lovely flora and fauna in search of your wayward balls. And you don't even want the rest of us to get accesss to this wonderful wilderness.

Selfish I say. Selfish.