FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What do you think draws new fans to see ICT

12th Man

School children do get free entry at present albeit through the Trust. There is also the child free with a paying adult initiative. The club run soccer skills classes in the school holidays.

I hear you Alex, but there is always more that can be done. School visits, youth clubs, anything really that engages youth outside of the school holidays or when they are at the stadium. Youth is our future both on and off the park and if we dont grab them then the forces of darkness or the dinginess of dingwall will !!!!

It was mentioned on another thread about my fondness for Celtic prior to the formation of ICT. That fondness was fostered in just such a way ..... In my youth (pre-teen years), like many families we took the odd week at 'Butlitz' in Ayr. It was great fun, but the highlight of the week for me was taking part in the daily 5-a-side football coaching sessions. On two occasions I got picked in the "team of the week" and even won a free week to come back and see if I could get into the "team of the year". Every kid selected for these teams got to play in an exhibition match at the end of the week and the big draw was that a real life professional footballer would captain one of the sides while the coach would captain the other .... Celtic had the contract with Butlins and I got to take to the park with both Roy Aitken (not yet a first team regular at that point and sporting his "shirley" haircut) at the end of one week, and with Bobby Lennox in the Team of the Year game later that summer .... an allegiance to one side in the senior leagues was then born and that was only broken when ICT came along and I realised I had no real reason for supporting a Glasgow team other than thinking it was cool that I got to take to the pitch with a future Scotland captain and another player from a legendary era in the team's history .....

ICT do a lot more than they get credit for, and I think that's the downside to our laid back and friendly approach to things....we're crap at singing our own praises and often don't make the best of the publicity we could draw from things. When I say ICT, I mean everyone, not just the club.

ICt should have a section on the website or in the programme at home games to say what they're doing to get fans involved.

for example:

Free teens tickets @ schools x, x & x

soccer skills on x dates at x, x & x locations

meet & greets on x dates @ various locations

how many people like ot meet the players and take pictures and get signed stuff, why not get them out and about for a day or two a month and make themselves known.

what would be funny to see is terry taking a high school p.e. class, hilarity might ensue.

yay drunk fans! hmmm maybe drop off to pubs after, we're a family club remember! i think some landlords might end up just giving tickets to mates or using them themselves.

give out to schools, the college & employers who advertise home games in their staff area.

• Disagree 1

That extends into the football. All any stranger has to do is make it known he is willing to talk ICT and they're made welcome and invited to join your company. That seed of interest is nurtured and people are accepted into the fold without prejudice...what's even better is the fact that we, as a community, tend to do it without thinking about it.

This forum is full of people who's "First Encounters" would have been made in the above manner.

:amazed:

There is NO WAY i would go up to a complete stranger in Inverness and start discussing ICT, i have experienced at first hand unpleasantness and animosity towards myself and ICT whilst out drinking in the city

Fair enough if you are in the Caley Thistle club surrounded by fellow ICT fans well that maybe the case but you are wrong to say that everyone is willing to discuss ICT and make you welcome

Even on this forum i've not really been made particularly welcome by some, i've even been targeted by a red dot campaign which has caused me a lot of heartache

dougal

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 6

That extends into the football. All any stranger has to do is make it known he is willing to talk ICT and they're made welcome and invited to join your company. That seed of interest is nurtured and people are accepted into the fold without prejudice...what's even better is the fact that we, as a community, tend to do it without thinking about it.

This forum is full of people who's "First Encounters" would have been made in the above manner.

There is NO WAY i would go up to a complete stranger in Inverness and start discussing ICT, i have experienced at first hand unpleasantness and animosity towards myself and ICT whilst out drinking in the city

Fair enough if you are in the Caley Thistle club surrounded by fellow ICT fans well that maybe the case but you are wrong to say that everyone is willing to discuss ICT and make you welcome

Even on this forum i've not really been made particularly welcome by some, i've even been targeted by a red dot campaign which has caused me a lot of heartache

dougal

you poor wee soul! come on in and have a cuddle :ictscarf:

I think what draws people to see ICT is the fact that we are a very new club in the grand scheme of things and we have done so well in such a short period or time. I now live in yorkshire and every football fan i speak to knows about inverness caley thistle and thier rise through the leagues and the famous cup win against celtic. We are a friendly club with a terrific fan base and have captured the hearts of many football fans with the achievments the club has managed. Plus, all the players enjoy playing for the club, manager and the fans, and it shows on the pitch.

• Agree 3

i went with a mate to see caley in the HFL from about 92 on every other weekend,

and went along in the 3rd to the games with free tickets. then went to the games in the second. a few in the first. and i get a few away games in the spl (moved to edinburgh)

although i havent been to a game since the alba cup final (come on that better paying job) i'm very vocal about my support for ict in my office.

have the pic of the lovely Ceilidh Watson (sp?) modelling the painted on caley top on our ill fated spl relegation season up at my desk (what a way around the no topless models rule :laugh: )

dougal

Dougal, I think you have been made very welcome on this site and many of us have a good laugh at your posts. I am sure that is your intention, so, well done! It is really quite an acheivement to be averaging more than 1 red dot per post. And I don't think there is any targeted campaign to give you red dots, it is just a reflection of the general stupidity and offensiveness of your posts. If you speak with people in pubs the way you communicate on this forum then I'm not surprised you find some animosity. It's not a reflection of Inverness or ICT - it's just personal.

I've quite enjoyed your drivel today and haven't given you a red dot but then I don't sit in section G and I'm not Ginger. Keep the posts coming - with no football on we need something to amuse us.

• Agree 5

Well I never knew that about you Scotty. I was an Aberdeen man.........born and brought up in the city but with a great love of the Highlands having spent some of my childhood there. When the merger was announced I decided (along with Wanderer) to buy some shares, get in on the ground floor and see where the ride might take us. Never in my wildest dreams did i think that I would experience so many highs, meet so many great people and become so addicted. If the way the team are performing now does not attract new fans then I do not know what will.........apart from heated seats, better access to pies and a better atmosphere........ie more singing, dancing and general unrestrained merriment

have the pic of the lovely Ceilidh Watson (sp?) modelling the painted on caley top on our ill fated spl relegation season up at my desk (what a way around the no topless models rule :laugh: )

i thought she was called Nicola?

says Ceilidh on the pic , isnt it the same lassie from MFR :question:

who is the hussie modelling the black strip , with a pair of diddies on show

Edited by weirdcal

for what its worth my story of how i became a fan is as follows

my father used to work for jock macdonald so when i was younger we always used to watch the results come in (To see if he would be in a good mood or a bad mood on monday) and i think thats where it stemmed from my first live game was when i had pulled a player from the ladies team who took me along to a live game, it was a nil nil draw against falkirk right before we won the first division and it got me hooked

I think playing with such pride and Honor as would have been on show today on TV, is a good enough reason to make fans turn up for the first time. I genuinely believed we could have won the game today especially after the penalty save.

Rangers had to resort to cheating to try and influence the game,whats the point in supporting Rangers if you cant stand proud and call yourself a Rangers fan when your team has to stoop to cheating to attempt to get 3 points.

Why not support your local team and support them with pride.

• Agree 2

I think playing with such pride and Honor as would have been on show today on TV, is a good enough reason to make fans turn up for the first time. I genuinely believed we could have won the game today especially after the penalty save.

Rangers had to resort to cheating to try and influence the game,whats the point in supporting Rangers if you cant stand proud and call yourself a Rangers fan when your team has to stoop to cheating to attempt to get 3 points.

Why not support your local team and support them with pride.

Good post... have a green one on me.

• Agree 1