FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Adam Rooney - Messages from the Fans

CELTIC1CALEY3

Adam,

If you play your cards right you will one day get a big move that is successful. However, a wrong move will result in your career going back again. You may never fully recover. I believe you need another year at ICT. In that time we hope you reach the Ireland first team. Once that goal has been achieved you should find many choices and providing you keep improving you will know the right move for yourself (probably without Johnny and almost certainly without Richie).

If after another improved year in the SPL you get a big move your improvement will need to continue. At 26 or 27 you would then be in with the really big move. By then Johnny Hayes will have played for Ireland and you may find he supplies crosses for International goals.

If you think long and hard you may feel Richie Foran is a big influence on your style of play and career. Listen to him, sign a new contract with ICT before Christmas and help the boys stop Hearts in their amazing 5 game run.

Good luck

Thanks for the memories, the goals, the perfomances, the promotion and the greatest run of Away days ever - and say thanks to your management team, the players and the fans as well.

Make the best decision for your career that you think fit but not for a pot of gold under the rainbow.

IHE will simply fondly remember the goals and great moments that you gave to ICT and most fans will watch your future career and support you. But get us to a feckin Cup Final or Europe first ya ginger ****. :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

• Agree 2

Adam can climb into my bed anytime....

:love03:

Definately no pics required!

If he does leave, it'll be interesting to see if he can cut the mustard in the Championship. (I assume he'd move to the Championship for financial reasons and to be closer to home.). Kenny Miller and Kris Boyd have struggled there so that would be interesting to see how he'd fare. Good article on the P&J website today with Butch giving Adam particular mention. I'm still of the opinion another year or two at ICT with continued scoring prowess could see Adam move to the Premiership.

Edited by Top Six Next Year

Do we all defo believe he's ready to leave us? There's been a lot of penalties and he looked like 08/09 Rooney against Rangers, which reminded me of what I used to think of him. There's always other folk we can take in, so my main concern is that we get a fee for him, or anyone that leaves us.

Munro, Foran and Esson would be the ones that bothered me if they left because, they have the sort of experience to skill ratio you can't replace that easily. I guess Duncan and Cox as well. And Hayes.

Make the best decision for your career that you think fit but not for a pot of gold under the rainbow.

:clapping: :clapping: totally agree.

Here's hoping that he thinks working with Hayes and Foran and with TB/MM mentoring him will benefit him in the long run and that he realises that he can still develop and move on in a year or twos time to perhaps an even bigger club than he might do right now.

If he does decide to move on, as you say, we can say thanks for the memories and view him positively whilst keeping an eye on his career and wishing him well.

There is no doubt he will go sometime ... I just hope that its later rather than sooner !

Do we all defo believe he's ready to leave us?

I dont think so ... He's been offered a contract and the rest is up to him. He will either sign the contract or he wont. Even if he signs the contract someone may make us an offer in the summer which we find hard to refuse ... there are so many possbilities.

I think we all know he will move on eventually, but I guess its a case of whether he thinks staying at ICT will benefit his career by virtue of being a big fish in a small pond, or whether moving to another side where he might be a lesser star but at a "bigger name" club will be of more benefit.

I don't think it will matter if Rooney stays with us for 1 or 2 more seasons, when he eventually moves onto a bigger club that is when he himself will know if he is good enough to flourish at a higher level. Players that leave us for bigger and better things often fail but there have been a few players that have done well. Don Cowie and Barry Robson are two of those.

I hope he does decide to stay but if an offer comes in from England then i can understand his decision. If he joins someone like Dundee Utd or another similar SPL club then that would hurt.

I'd rather keep him until the summer and lose him for free than sell him in January though. When do we ever spend the transfer fees back on replacements to improve the team. If he stays until the summer then our league placing will be a lot higher meaning more cash.

If Rooney leaves to go down south, I dont think it will be to the summer, the big worry I think should be closer to home. If as the press have you believe there is no chance of Kenny Miller resigning at Castle Greyskull, then he will be sold in Jan, then i think Rangers who have next to no cash will come calling for Rooney as a bargain replacement - he's the best striker outside the OF in terms of goals and looking at their record without KM they will struggle for goals.

I hope I'm wrong and I'd like to see Adam stay til the summer and beyond, but I think TB will already be casting an eye for an affordable replacement.

From BBC website's Newspaper Gossip section

Inverness Caledonian Thistle star Adam Rooney is on course to sign a new deal with the Highland club. (The Record)

OK it's not the greatest source, but once in a while must surely get something right (he's says, hoping).

• 2 weeks later...

Adam,

After yesterday I think you should make up your mind soon whether you are signing or not. If not signing that clears the air and you could go forward with our utmost support and best wishes. The team may need to refocus and if there is a chance you are moving on soon, it gives the club space to find a replacement.