FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Motherwell

Scotty

I genuinely think that Terry needs to take a look at the situation with Foran as it's abundently obvious that his presence on the park does more harm than good. Not saying he doesn't have anything to offer but his tendency to attack his fellow players so fiercely seems to leave them scared to try to do anything just incase they make a mistake and have to face his wrath. He was far from without fault himself today and whilst he was quick to jump on others I didn't see him even acknowledge to the rest when he screwed up. That wasn't something we witnessed with this team when he was absent when the players seemed more relaxed and confident when out on the pitch and performed to their best as a result. Maybe he just needs to lose the armband and the power that comes with it so we can get the best of him without him having this bad influence over the others.

• Agree 4

I genuinely think that Terry needs to take a look at the situation with Foran as it's abundently obvious that his presence on the park does more harm than good. Not saying he doesn't have anything to offer but his tendency to attack his fellow players so fiercely seems to leave them scared to try to do anything just incase they make a mistake and have to face his wrath. He was far from without fault himself today and whilst he was quick to jump on others I didn't see him even acknowledge to the rest when he screwed up. That wasn't something we witnessed with this team when he was absent when the players seemed more relaxed and confident when out on the pitch and performed to their best as a result. Maybe he just needs to lose the armband and the power that comes with it so we can get the best of him without him having this bad influence over the others.

The only time I made a comment, very mild compared to this, (and I thought at the time it was constructive criticism) regarding our Team Captain, months later I was approached by him and put in my place very sternly and forcibly. Be wary, lyndwinkle, as Mr Foran will find you and then you will be suitably chastised. Ooh dear - be warned.

• Agree 1

The only time I made a comment, very mild compared to this, (and I thought at the time it was constructive criticism) regarding our Team Captain, months later I was approached by him and put in my place very sternly and forcibly. Be wary, lyndwinkle, as Mr Foran will find you and then you will be suitably chastised. Ooh dear - be warned.

i pressume you mean this and not anything else

:boxing:

Totally Agree, I was right behind the goal in row B and heard Forans tirade after a set piece cross from, I think, Graeme Shinnie.

I am sure Foran is greatly respected by Terry but not I must say from quite a few of the team.

He is allowed to let is feelings be publicly demonstrated on the field and this behaviour is not encouraging to a team of so many young, talented and enthusiastic players who were showing great character when Foran was injured and the said Shinnie had the armband.

This is a team of youth and great character but that was missing from the start today, and after witnessing Forans attitude it is easy to see why we witnessed such a poor performance . The last Motherwell game was a turning point in our season, let's hope the same can be said after todays encounter.

Edited by een

the way i see it weve had more good performances than bad with foran as captain this season the derby, dundee utd, st mirren, aberdeen, hibs, but his passion seems to get him vilified. hes our top scorer in the league and yet hes still not good enough. i just think like terry he has high expectations, and wanted better from the game, even last time we played motherwell he scored, and won a penalty. if he keeps scoring im not worried. if you get rid of forans passion (its passion) you lose half the player.

so often we moan aboiut having players that dont understand what it means to play for ict, but when we have someone whos genuinly passionate, plays for the shirt and is proud to be captain we moan about him being overzelous? cmon people. im gonna look forward to the celtic tv comentators vilifing him next week yet again.

he definatly isnt 100% he probably isnt even 75% fit so give him a break.

When ICT first went on this run and prior to it, Andrew Shinnie didn't seem to be on form. Foran gets injured and all of a sudden he comes alive. Coincidence? I think not.

Foran gets injured and ICT play more and more as a team - something we've not seen for a couple of seasons. Foran comes back and all of a sudden it falls apart. Coincidence? I think not.

Foran comes back and Andrew Shinnie, who was on great form, becomes rubbish again. Coincidence? I think not.

Whatever good attributes Foran may have, he seems to have a detrimental affect on the team as a whole, particularly the skills of Andrew Shinnie. Some call it passion, to me it looks more like bullying. The team as a unit are better without Foran in it. And that's worth dropping him for, no matter how many good attributes he might have.

Edited by Renegade

To be fair though I don't think you can use yesterdays game as a measurement for that assumption given that Shinniesta was forced to play in a left midfield role to combat the threat of the Well attack down the sides.

i found it funny. i took the pish from first minute to last. mostly at all the oldies going mad tbh. it was rather amusing. if some people could hear themselves.

Come on Luke. Your positivity is admirable but I find it hard to believe that any ICT fan can have found that game today genuinely funny.

When Randolph made that save from Doran i laughed...simply because i didnt know what else to do :crazy:

One loss and the doom and gloom brigade are coming out of the woodwork!

Come on guys, we cant be expected to win every game, we ain't done bad so far and i'm sure we will get back on the winning trail again soon.

Somewhat agree with the Foran analogy though and i also have doubts about his fitness, which could well add to his frustrations and his performance. Fully fit I would keep him on, until then, T B might just have the guts to use him as a Supersub!!

A long way to go so dont get your knickers in too much of a twist. What team has ever had a perfect season?

Come on ICT lets throw the Kelts back on Saturday.

Back to Foran's fault again, I'm sure some folk have their posts written before waiting for a day like Sunday to use them. He gets pissed off when getting beat, does anyone really think that footballers can't take criticism from their own team mates? The best teams I played in had a strong vocal presence and that's what he is. Plus a pretty good player on a great scoring streak before his injury.

For those who don't think we need to strengthen let Sunday be a lesson. We have a paper thin squad and need to get in some experience. It can be done with no money, it's a great shop window as Draper etc are able to testify. We are still a bottom 4 team who have been punching above our weight and been fortunate with not too many injuries. Keep the faith but ca canny with the over criticism and over optimism when things are going well - it's a long season ahead and despite poor support the team continues to try to entertain.

• Agree 4

Foran + Shinnie = a marked deterioration in Shinnie performance. Even McKay looks less effective. Warren + Foran = potentially one of the best defensive partnerships we have had in a long, long time. McKay + a roving Shinnie = proven

OTJ + Draper = a feckin good mix OTJ + Foran = a decent mix OTJ + defence minded midfielder at home = a marked deterioration in OTJ performance OTJ + defence minded midfielder away = potential to work

Doran + Foran = doesnt work Doran + Shane = doesnt work Doran + yoof with pace = does work

Motherwell always have been a noted "football" team.

I remember, when I was standing on the high terraces at Easter Road back in the early "sixties," Motherwell came to town one nice Saturday afternoon and played some lovely flowing stuff and made a mark on my mind as a good footie team. And younger Pimple thought to himself as he walked back down home to Restalrig Terrace , "well, that's a really good football team."

Hopefully, this result will be a blip on the horizon but also act as a warning that no team can be taken lightly.

Back to businesss at the weekend.!!

"It was massively disappointing. We just didn't get going from the first whistle," said the Inverness manager.

"I didn't go mad at the players. In fact, I had a bit of a laugh and a joke with them."

"They are a great bunch of guys but today it was like a team of strangers turned up. We weren't at the races."

"Not one player can say, 'I did my job today and I did it well'.

"I could still be in the dressing room on Tuesday going through every player's mistakes but there's no point dwelling on that," added Butcher.

"We are a positive club and we want to move forward together, which we'll do, and we'll work hard on Tuesday and for the rest of the week and make sure we are ready for Celtic."

That is feckin laughable.

:whistle:

• Agree 2