FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Deadline Day activity

Guest Mahonio

I would doubt they could afford him either.

Suppose it depends on whether Roy is prepared to personally fund any deal? With the league being so tight, whats to say having a proven scorer like Boyd if he was on form couldnt get a team into the Euro qualification places come end of season.

I would think central belt clubs would suit him best, but he has a rep for being a mercenary for money so who knows.........

I was reading earlier on as I was looking for tweets or info about him that one of the Portland players Sam Werner had mentioned he was happy the club got rid of Boyd.

He's made his money now then, and perhaps wants to just start playing regularly again now that Scotland has a new Manager?
I mean, If Kenny Miller can begger off, make big bucks, do nothing for years and still make the Scotland squad, then maybe Boyd thinks the same!

Kris Boyd in the highlands??? Anyone else hear this

Not going to happen. Wouldn't suit our style of play and we can't afford his wages anyway.

Its more likely he will be looking at playing for a Championship or top half League 1 side.

Rumoured to be going to Panathanaikos ... although there seems to be a paperwork issue with his release from MLS. Portland parted ways with him on 17th January (bought out his contract) but all players are signed to MLS not to individual clubs and there seems to be some "issue" in finalising his outright release ..... but as a free agent he could sign for someone outside the window I think?

Barry Robson in inverness to sign 18 month contract so i heard

And you believed it ? :crazy:

no because he is with boro for till march before his Canadian team starts up again

He's been released by Vancouver and 'boro' are just helping him out with his training.

no because he is with boro for till march before his Canadian team starts up again

MLS starts up in March, that much of your post is correct, but most teams started training last week and on the first day of training he parted ways with Vancouver by mutual consent ..... he is no longer a player in MLS and is now a free agent.

The only reason I can think BR would be considered as a player/coach at ICT is if TB & MM have told the board they are away in the summer, although they are still under contract and an astute move is getting an experienced ex-ICT player in to learn the ropes until taking over. But thats all making assumptions and creating a story out of the rumours above - so none of it will be true!!!

CONFIRMED on BBC - Ross Tokely has been released by County. As has Mark Fitzpatrick.

I kind of thought Rossco was past his best in his final season or two for us, but I for one didnt see that coming so soon, despite the Brora rumours.