FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Next manager

CaleyTennis

Some of the names folks come up with are horrifically shocking but fortunately some are financially nonviable.

I don't buy into this fan logic where ex-players or staff need to return to their club as a manager because they 'understand the culture' it should be about new/fresh ideas and best people to move forwards (not providing the rhetoric in a new era). Not against a Warren/Meeking/Tremarco et al combo if that is a career direction they are looking for as characters both on and off field they carry respect and positive mentality so could transform the club but its a drastic overhaul.While a drastic change (focusing on the coaching side and ignoring the wider boardroom concerns) would be welcomed, its whether the club would ever sanction such a change to clean sweep across the decks - unfortunately we are not a EPL club with budget to do so.

As long as we have a board in place then its likely we will see appointments akin to the Dundee/Hearts/Rangers connections - Robbo/McCann/Dodds as examples. Fingers crossed we can avoid a 'Bomber' Brown / Barry Smith double act if change was to come.

• Agree 1

Tremarco is still in the area and is often at games if County are not playing. I believe he still coaches County’s youngsters and is a key member of the backroom team there.

Maybe a combination of Esson, Tremarco and Tokely would be the change we need if a change is made at some point.

Yogi is a no for me, whilst McCann would have stayed if he’d wanted to. I’m not sure if our package would attract the likes of Alexander. Please not Ferguson though! If he was lunching with the CEO it was hopefully just because they know each other from Rangers. What’s Wright up to nowadays?

Yes, I've noticed that Tremarco is on the County coaching team on their matchdays, so he must be gaining valuable experience at premier level, and with him coaching the under 18s, he will have his eye on the up and coming players, so I think he may be one for the future. 

Ross Tokely worthy of consideration I think, as youth team coach he will know who has up and coming potential. He has been promoted twice with us so knows what it takes. He fits the Inverness mould. His comments during streamed games were hard to disagree with and I think he’d command respect in the dressing room. 

The challenge for Ross would be how he recruits the squad as I can’t imagine his contacts are expansive, that said Robbo has been recruited for that so if his contribution on that front is genuine and yields results then perhaps that’s the solution.

On 1/7/2023 at 9:07 AM, Northern_jaggie said:

Ross Tokely worthy of consideration I think, as youth team coach he will know who has up and coming potential. He has been promoted twice with us so knows what it takes. He fits the Inverness mould. His comments during streamed games were hard to disagree with and I think he’d command respect in the dressing room. 

The challenge for Ross would be how he recruits the squad as I can’t imagine his contacts are expansive, that said Robbo has been recruited for that so if his contribution on that front is genuine and yields results then perhaps that’s the solution.

According to Nairn, RT is strolling thru games and is in great shape. How old is he, 43? Think he would make a good assistant along side someone with experience to start with

• Like 1

2 hours ago, caleyboy said:

According to Nairn, RT is strolling thru games and is in great shape. How old is he, 43? Think he would make a good assistant along side someone with experience to start with

How do those two statements correlate? Neither have any bearing on each other IMO. If he was good assistant material would be not already be doing so at the much lower level he is playing?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

How do those two statements correlate? Neither have any bearing on each other IMO. If he was good assistant material would be not already be doing so at the much lower level he is playing?

You obviously don't remember him being manager of Brora Rangers. I don't think Ross has the necessary experience to manage at this level

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Robert said:

Pretty speechless reading this!

Billy Dodds is the Championship Manager of the Month for January!

https://ictfc.com/billy-dodds-named-championship-manager-of-the-month-for-january 

It just makes you wonder who the judges are or how bad all the others have been!

Absolutely gobsmacked at this! Obviously the standard of every other manager must have been woeful for Dodds to win this, and whoever the judges were didn't see the awful football that was on show.

34 minutes ago, STFU said:

Is the Manager's curse not supposed to come after they win it and not the entire season leading up to it?

I think the press pick the winner, do they not?

Well it's not the fans on here :lol:

• Funny 4

I can only assume they (whoever makes the choice) looked at our league results in the month:

6-1 home win

4-1 away win

0-0 home draw with leaders

2-2 away draw

and decided no team had done better than us.

Sadly the start of February is has completely removed what hope we had a few weeks ago. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Robert said:

I can only assume they (whoever makes the choice) looked at our league results in the month:

6-1 home win

4-1 away win

2-2 away draw

Sadly the start of February is has completely removed what hope we had a few weeks ago. 

Raith and ourselves were the only undefeated teams in the league in January but we won one more game than Raith. Other teams, like Queens Park, picked up more points overall but I suspect the judges went with the undefeated side that also scored a load of goals. Not that bizarre a decision in fairness it just seems odd given our lethargic performances save for the Cove and Arbroath results. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaleyCanary said:

Just shows what a meaningless and feckless award this is...

...on the upside, however, it looks good on his CV if some club more desperate than us wants to poach him!

We can live and hop:whistle:

• Funny 1

On 2/7/2023 at 8:23 PM, Robert said:

6-1 home win

4-1 away win

2-2 away draw

A 3-0 win and a 2-2 draw with Morton ?

6 hours ago, Ofereslefttoenail said:

What about Barry Robson, former player. Obviously depends on how he does as dons interim. But personally think he’d play a less stage 4 style of football and a former player as well

He'd be best candidate out just now for me, his first taste of the big job at aberdeen will give him a brief but good experience of taking charge at another clu, if he kept Esson on as his right hand man or not, he'd have his choice of boys like Tokes who he played with to go in as his number 2, Personally think Esson would be Ideal as he's very highly thought of coaching wise and knonws the youngsters coming through! 🙂 

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1