FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

County V Airdrie

tm4tj

Took the afternoon off from my busy schedule to see how our feeder boys are coping with their predicament. Well, to be truthfull they look and played like a team destined for Peterhead. They lacked conviction, lacked cohesion, lacked flair, lacked......well just lacked. They went a goal down early on as the Diamonds started the better, with Proctor about to play a prominent part in proceedings. Twigg I believe knocked the ball in from close range. However County got themselves a foothold and a cross from the wing was bulletted home with the head to equalise. Just as I was warmly applauding the stunning strike at the far end, the announcer spoiled it by blaming Proctor for an own goal. I almost fell asleep in the hazy sunshine as Dingwall pressed for another goal but it remained  1-1 at half time. Suddenly I was woken by the angry chants of "you're a cheat referee as in fairly quick succession about fifteen mins, difficult to tell when you are not too interested,  two Gudgie coffs were sent for a badly needed early bath, McCulloch and Scott apparently. The pendulum had swung in the Diamonds favour and it was backs to the wall for the last quarter. Airdrie appeared to miss a couple of decent chances............well sitters...........and County were left hitting on the break. Game sort of fizzled out with County on the back foot but they live to fight another day. Spotted one or two ICT fans, but they will remain anonymous.

Morgan played for an hour, easy to see why we don't need him, Proctor looked OK for Airdrie, OG apart, Cowie, never noticed him, maybe he is resigned to the drop and offski. The rest...............pffft, it looks like the font of footballers has run dry. On this form, County better look forward to the next step down. :020: :020: :020:

Added the crowd, announced as 2717, Airdrie must have had about 350-400 fans at game.

Twigg did indeed knock Airdrie's goal in from short range... a loose ball from a ruck of players after a goalbound shot had come off the keeper's leg. County's equaliser came after Don Cowie sent in a free kick from wide left and it rebounded vigorously off DP's head into the goal. I did hear the comment made was that the only more convincing OG scored into that net was Mark McCulloch's in a certain local derby!

Otherwise I thought Proctor did not too badly and had the bottle to head away other clearances. He also had the bottle to come in for a post match interview for which I respect him. He told us during that interview that he's prepared to go back to Tannadice and fight for his place.

I thought Mark McCulloch's sending off was harsh since it looked to me as if the Airdrie player came in at least as hard to him.

The "sitter" referred to must have been Twigg's latish on. What a bloomer!

I have to say I wasn't that impressed by Alan Morgan today, certainly less so than on previous appearances for County.

Credit to County for holding out for 15 minutes with 9 men. As I said in my full time report of the time they played with nine men "Suddenly the barbed wire confronting the Ross County motor bike became 10 feet higher."

Steve McQueen has two more attempts to get over that wire... Livi away ... where Robbo will be desperate to beat them... and Gretna at home ... where they will either have won the title and will therefore probably be rubbish or they will desperately need a result to win access to the SPL.

Arguably one of the biggest games in County's history and such a small crowd??

Did they not count the seagulls flying over in there attendance today?

Morgan shares a car up with Dargo and Dods. Any coincidence with them off he won't be making the journey north?