FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

I’m surprised we’ve taken this step but see it as a positive.

We all know it had to happen, but who made the call? Morrison? Gardiner?

Time may tell but I hope this is a sign that the Board (or maybe even the CEO) have noticed the views of fans and taken a decision they maybe didn’t want to make but they realise they had to to stop the decline of the club.

Goodness knows what deal Dodds was on. Hopefully it was performance related so the pay off is not damaging to us.

Robbo and Charlie need to steady the ship, starting on Saturday, but it sounds like neither is in the frame for the job.

I believe we have a squad that can compete at the right end of the table. I hope they now have the chance to show their real capability.

I wonder if Doran will now get a start? Recent starting line ups looked to me that they were either “hope for the best” or drawn out of a hat.

I never like seeing anyone lose their jobs but this decision had to be made.

I just hope it means onward and upwards for us as we’ve 31 games to right the wrongs. 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 4
  • Well Said 2

I agree that whoever gave Dodds a two year contract must leave ICT. Letting Dodds depart after the cup final was obvious for all concerned and would have been the best for the man when compared to both his and our situation now. 

I was pleased to hear Charlie will be involved in the interim, I’d expect an improvement with him in the dressing room. 

• Agree 4

2 out of the required 4 or 5 now gone. I had a lot of respect for Robbo until recently, but given he would seem to rather be anywhere but where ICT are playing on a Saturday, in the midst of this crisis, then he has to go too, as does the CEO. I have not heard anyone say anything positive about him in the whole time he has been here and the one prospect I personally set up for him needed only a single phone call to discuss a possible link beneficial to ICT but according to the other party that phone call never came.

As for SK who has survived multiple managerial changes, and our chairman RM, I will leave those closer to the sharp end to make that determination as I really don't know the daily machinations from this side of the pond. I know from talking to the chairman in the past that he was a supporter long before he was the chairman so if its a Kenny Cameron type of "loyalty error" then I could see him stay on but anything else and unfortunately he may have to fall on his sword as well.  

• Agree 5

Just now, The Mantis said:

Gardiner has poisoned our club. If we didn’t have him as CEO we’d never have had Dodds.
I’d take Ian McCall or Neil McCann if there was any chance.

Scot Gardiner is so bad for our club it’s unreal . This guy has a streak in him that likes to cause controversy and trouble . I wonder what sort of wage he is robbing the club for . Certainly never heard a good word said about him . Bad bad news of a guy and like u say if he wasn’t our ceo we more than likely would not be in this mess we find ourself in . This guy needs shown the door and take his controversy with him . 

• Agree 3
  • Well Said 3

20 minutes ago, caley1 said:

Scot Gardiner is so bad for our club it’s unreal . This guy has a streak in him that likes to cause controversy and trouble . I wonder what sort of wage he is robbing the club for . Certainly never heard a good word said about him . Bad bad news of a guy and like u say if he wasn’t our ceo we more than likely would not be in this mess we find ourself in . This guy needs shown the door and take his controversy with him . 

Ask fans of previous clubs he's worked at what they feel about him... 

I had no belief we could win another game with dodds. Even in second half at Raith I expected to lose so how would the players have felt. 

The squad is good enough. Kellacher and Esson are good coaches.

I am glad John Robertson was not at matchdays for the start of this season as there needed to be a clear separation between Dodds and himself. 

We have the ability to restart and kick on and we have the experience within the club not to rush the next appointment. 

Good Times come to those who wait and we have been waiting. 

• Thoughtful 1

The decision made regarding Dodds is undoubtedly correct. He had lost the fans and we are on our third atrocious run of his tenure.

I believe we had two seasons when we would have been promoted had we not had mid season collapses. The start this year made things untenable, as highlighted repeatedly here.

We also played predictably in many games and teams knew how to play against us.

However, we should also recognise that he got us to the play off final, and therefore closer to promotion than anyone else has managed since our relegation, and, with a bit of help from Queens Park, to the Scottish Cup Final.

As a result we had great away days with a large support at Perth and Hampden twice, whilst enjoying beating Livingston and Kilmarnock in the cup run.

I stress I agree with the decision but we should remember the good days as well as the bad.

Now we need to turn things round, starting on Saturday. 

• Agree 3

Another vote for Tam Courts here, would also accept Ian McCall. 

Wouldn't be happy with Neilson or Locke although wouldn't be surprised to see them as an old friends act.

Absolutely avoid anyone who has had the post before (looking at you John Hughes!)

If Gardiner had any shred of dignity he would get out of our club, I fear us becoming a Falkirk and unable to get back up the leagues - for which I blame him.

• Well Said 5

I don't like seeing anyone losing their jobs,but the time had come to call it a day on the tenure of Dodds and Wilson.Certainly both had lost the support of fans and we can only assume some of the players, other wise they would have dug in and given all for a result.That said if they were  encouraged to play a certain way and style what could they do about it as to ignore the instructions would mean them being dropped.

I believe on paper we are a reasonable team and we just need someone giving the boys the right vision and direction,being realistic ,honest and above all open and transparent with a good football head. 

When we went so many games in the last two seasons without a win,then this pattern is being repeated in season three,you just wonder who decided to give Dodds a new two year deal and was that the same person who decided he should be sacked three months after giveing him this deal. If so that persons jacket should be on a shouglie peg.

I don't think the CEO supported Dodds or the team as he should have done. Communication is the key element  devoid  within the hierarchy of ICT and this now needs ro be addressed also, but first let's steady the ship.

Callum Davidson is the man for me

Hopefully all at ICT will look at themselves and see what they have done to our club and then reflect and reset and move forward having learned some hard lessons.

Edited by Douglas Mackenzie
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

I got the impression at the Club's AGM that Gardiner had wanted Dodds gone in the middle of last season, but that the late upturn in form and the cup run saved him.  Now the club have sacked him just 5 league games into his new 2 year contract extension!   Obviously the results so far have not been good, but to sack a guy just 5 league games after extending his contract is a pretty drastic and expensive change of mind.  So just what has happened?  It would have been good to be a fly on the wall for the discussions which led to the decision.

There are some mitigating factors.  Firstly, the later finish to last season with the Cup Final undoubtedly had a knock on effect in terms both of contract uncertainties and in getting players back to match fitness after a much needed end of season break.  Secondly, whilst results have been poor, performance wise we are not far off it.  Much has been said about our defensive howlers, but yet we have not lost a league match by more than one goal.  At the other end, we are averaging more shots and more shots on target per game than our opponents manage.  Then on Saturday against Raith, the general performance appears to have improved with there being a consensus that we were the better side.  It hardly seems to justify such a radical change of mind, and yet less than 24 hours later, Dodds is shown the door.  

This must be about more than a few poor early season results.  It seems to me that defenders are making mistakes and strikers are not finding the net because they are low on confidence.  And they are low on confidence because they are worried about being publicly criticised by the manager.  Too often, Dodds has made criticism of players in his statements, and whilst not naming them, it has been crystal clear who he has been referring too.  It seems to me that Dodds has lost the dressing room and that will be why he is going.  Having said, that, he will not have lost the dressing room just in the first few weeks of this season and we all know of his fallings out with players previously.  It just makes it all the more bizarre that the club should award Dodds with a new contract only to sack him 5 leagues games later.

Sacking Dodds was the right decision, but the timing of it illustrates how dysfunctional the management within the club has become.

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 2

1 hour ago, DoofersDad said:

I got the impression at the Club's AGM that Gardiner had wanted Dodds gone in the middle of last season, but that the late upturn in form and the cup run saved him.  Now the club have sacked him just 5 league games into his new 2 year contract extension!   Obviously the results so far have not been good, but to sack a guy just 5 league games after extending his contract is a pretty drastic and expensive change of mind.  So just what has happened?  It would have been good to be a fly on the wall for the discussions which led to the decision.

There are some mitigating factors.  Firstly, the later finish to last season with the Cup Final undoubtedly had a knock on effect in terms both of contract uncertainties and in getting players back to match fitness after a much needed end of season break.  Secondly, whilst results have been poor, performance wise we are not far off it.  Much has been said about our defensive howlers, but yet we have not lost a league match by more than one goal.  At the other end, we are averaging more shots and more shots on target per game than our opponents manage.  Then on Saturday against Raith, the general performance appears to have improved with there being a consensus that we were the better side.  It hardly seems to justify such a radical change of mind, and yet less than 24 hours later, Dodds is shown the door.  

This must be about more than a few poor early season results.  It seems to me that defenders are making mistakes and strikers are not finding the net because they are low on confidence.  And they are low on confidence because they are worried about being publicly criticised by the manager.  Too often, Dodds has made criticism of players in his statements, and whilst not naming them, it has been crystal clear who he has been referring too.  It seems to me that Dodds has lost the dressing room and that will be why he is going.  Having said, that, he will not have lost the dressing room just in the first few weeks of this season and we all know of his fallings out with players previously.  It just makes it all the more bizarre that the club should award Dodds with a new contract only to sack him 5 leagues games later.

Sacking Dodds was the right decision, but the timing of it illustrates how dysfunctional the management within the club has become.

John Robertson has wanted back in the hot seat for a long time. Watch this space he'll get it full time now.

• Agree 2

That was an expensive mistake then whoever decided to give him the 2 year deal needs booted out the door. Interesting in the statement they go on about getting to Scottish Cup Final but off course no mention of the winless run last season where most would have been sacked then but oh no they gave him another 2 year deal . Not holding out much hope on them appointing someone new which is what club needs complete clear out of coaching staff and that includes Kellacher he has hung around far too long . Robbo will have to learn names of players before Saturday 😃 

• Well Said 1
  • Funny 2

2 hours ago, ictbob said:

John Robertson has wanted back in the hot seat for a long time. Watch this space he'll get it full time now.

This is my understanding also.  I might be wrong but I would expect him to take over as manager until the end of the season and, unless we get relegated, permanently after that.

• Agree 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, ictchris said:

This is my understanding also.  I might be wrong but I would expect him to take over as manager until the end of the season and, unless we get relegated, permanently after that.

10 minutes ago, ictchris said:

There would be an uproar if that was to happen . His coaching wasn’t great neither it was Donald Park his number 2 who was the fantastic coach in that partnership 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, ictchris said:

He's certainly been slagging off Dodds and his management publicly at other clubs and I heard it myself at a training event a few weeks ago. I thought it was very unprofessional.

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

7 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

I am glad John Robertson was not at matchdays for the start of this season as there needed to be a clear separation between Dodds and himself. 

That's a very interesting perspective, did Robbo deliberately miss all the games to create a clear separation and set himself up for what was inevitably coming? 

• Thoughtful 4

2 minutes ago, CaleyCanary said:

That's a very interesting perspective, did Robbo deliberately miss all the games to create a clear separation and set himself up for what was inevitably coming? 

Certainly not a very popular choice by majority on here even if it’s on a temporary basis . For me it’s a big No. couldn’t hack it when things were going wrong and buried his head in his book

• Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, ictchris said:

If that's the plan, then why not simply announce his appointment to the end of the season?  Given they have advertised the post, subsequently appointing Robbo till the end of the season would hardly be a ring endorsement of their faith in him, especially as it would also mean they were unable to recruit anybody better.

17 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

If that's the plan, then why not simply announce his appointment to the end of the season?  Given they have advertised the post, subsequently appointing Robbo till the end of the season would hardly be a ring endorsement of their faith in him, especially as it would also mean they were unable to recruit anybody better.

Because most fans are peved off at him spending more time on a Saturday in Dingwall than doing his job. If we win a few games he probably will get the job till the end of the season. If he doesn't then they bring in someone else. Charlie Christie will not want to be anywhere near that dugout but the board probably feel he can appease the fans more than robbo. 

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, ictbob said:

Because most fans are peved off at him spending more time on a Saturday in Dingwall than doing his job. If we win a few games he probably will get the job till the end of the season. If he doesn't then they bring in someone else. Charlie Christie will not want to be anywhere near that dugout but the board probably feel he can appease the fans more than robbo. 

Just another indicator of how out of touch the CEO/Chairman are with fans views.

• Agree 3

• tm4tj unpinned this topic