FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness CT -V- Partick Thistle - Preview

tm4tj

It was an inevitability that Graham would score against us, it was just a question of whether we could score more than them. In fairness 3 would normally be enough to win and is the encouraging thing we can take from today, if we want to be positive.

• Like 3

FFS totally gutted.

thought we were lucky to go in at half time 1 up. Got lucky again when we got the second, goalkeeper misjudged the cross and savage easily headed in to go 2 up.

said to myself hope Dunc doesn’t do his norm when we are ahead and go into survival mode.

Can hear him now in his post match comfy interview say they came at us second half. Truth is we stopped doing what we had been doing and invited them to come at us. So they did.

best form of defence is attack, we blew it today.

highlight of first half was a pass back to Ridgers, I think he hit his clearance into their player and ball spun into air on our bye line. Ridgers is now facing the north stand and attempts a hoof of the ball over the stand. Total fresh air kick resulting in him then heading the ball out for a corner. You couldn’t make it up.

anderson red card was straight out of the ref pocket, no second to think. Anderson first touch for a pro footballer was so poor today, the ball rising into the air as he tried to control it many times. That was what happened for the sending off as he raised his boot into the players head to get the ball. The Partick guy we down clutching his head. Once the red was shown he miraculously recovered and didn’t require hospital treatment.

I was firmly seated on the fence re Dunc the manager, starting to slide off a bit now after today.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I’m very disappointed with the result, particularly after leading 2-0 and 3-2 but what an enjoyable game that was.

We started on the front foot, with none of the back and fro passing that’s dominated our recent performances.

Kerr’s goal was a cracker, calmly taken after a great pass by McAllister, and we deservedly led at the break although we had some nervous moments.

Partick came out flying in the second half and our second was against the run of play, and we were then let down by poor defending for their first and getting caught napping at a free kick and conceding the penalty.

I thought we were done for then, but credit to the players for lifting themselves and taking the lead again, and we should have gone 4-2 up but Pepple went alone when he should have played Harper in. We then conceded, meaning its twelve points we’ve lost late in games.

It was the best I’ve seen from Harper and Shaw for some time, whilst Kerr had a good game, but the pick for me was McAllister. I’ve no idea why we took him off so early in the second half.

Anderson should not have been sent off. Maybe a booking would have been deserved but many refs would not have produced a card.

Overall, much better, encouraging signs, but we need to cut out silly errors.

Two massive games ahead now. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

First half did ok 3 central defenders solid, made  changes  again as last week and the whole dynamics of the game changed. 

At  2 nil down they should have been gone ,as it was they looked more likely to score the fourth.

Positives today though, first in a long while.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Thanks Robert, as Douglas said “this team is a work in progress” so hopefully they’re getting to know each other and will gel better before the next two games - nothing less than 6 points needed from them!

• Like 1

Once again defence was shoddy, Now really think Ridgers needs dropped,   he was very shakey on a few occasions and so slow react to first and third goals.

Once again the long suffering home fans wait and wait for a win.   Hax any team ever gone a  season without a home win?  Scary!

Oh  Apart from his first goal of the season I thought Shaw was pysh.

• Well Said 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, caley100 said:

Once again defence was shoddy, Now really think Ridgers needs dropped,   he was very shakey on a few occasions and so slow react to first and third goals.

Once again the long suffering home fans wait and wait for a win.   Hax any team ever gone a  season without a home win?  Scary!

No. The defense cost us the goals. Lets not go full Doddsball and drop Ridgers to the weans to "prove a point". When you've Ujdur, who has proven he is more than capable, sitting on the bench for 90+ minutes, with a defence full of kids who've done sweet sod all, its stupid to try and blame anyone but the defense and the management...

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, caley100 said:

Did we not beat Ayr and Airdrieonians at home?

Anyway don't worry...I'm flying up for the Dunfermline match, so it'll definitely be sunny and we will win.

Edited by Eagle4Caley
  • Like 3
  • Funny 2

47 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Sadly, he's sounding more and more like Robbo with every interview.

It would be good if the interviewer could ask something like "Do you think the tactics were right?", or even prompt an explanation for substitutions.

Edited by STFU
  • Well Said 1

A great, entertaining game for neutrals.

Unfortunately there weren't many neutrals there.

Very frustrating for this particular non-neutral. Partick always looked dangerous when they got into the final quarter but we just didn't. Somehow, despite our defensive frailties we found ourselves leading for the best part of the game but never looked comfortable when ahead and ultimately were fortunate to hang on for a draw. Wouldn't really commit to naming a star performer in blue but I'm liking what I see in Harper.

24 minutes ago, buckett said:

I'm liking what I see in Harper.

He did well today.

Rather than turning back and playing a backward pass, he wanted to take his man on and had the beating of him. It was good to see. He also was in a brilliant position to make it 4-2 but Pepple didn’t spot him and the chance was gone.

Kerr on the other flank also had a good game, whilst Shaw was playing wide today and had a few decent runs and crosses.

We should have won, we didn’t, but I came away heartened by what I saw.

I hope we appeal Anderson’s red card but if we don’t have him next week, MacGregor should get a start.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

50 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

I'm glad we still have Mcgregor around so there's calls for him to play each week now as our saviour since Bray went out on loan.

Mcgregor is a much more proven player than Bray but unfortunately has been plagued by injury. I don't think Dunc fancies him 

• Agree 1

Pos Team Pld W D L F A Pts
Partick v Pars is a 7:45pm kick-off
1. Dundee Utd 23 14 6 3 46 13 48
2. Raith Rovers 23 14 5 4 42 32 47
3. Partick Thistle 23 10 8 5 46 37 38
4. Morton 23 9 6 8 32 27 33
5. Ayr United 24 8 5 11 33 43 29
6. Airdrieonians 22 8 4 10 22 27 28
7. Queens Park 24 7 6 11 31 41 27
8. Inverness CT 24 6 7 11 29 31 25
9. Dunfermline 23 6 7 10 25 33 25
10. Arbroath 23 5 4 14 24 46 19

FRIDAY 23RD FEBRUARY

Partick Thistle v Dunfermline

SATURDAY 24TH FEBRUARY

Arbroath v Inverness  

Ayr United v Raith Rovers

Dundee Utd v Queen's Park 

Morton v Airdrie    

22 minutes ago, STFU said:

After watching the highlights, I don't think we should waste money we don't have appealing the red card.

I'm not so sure, there's no malice in it. He just tried to nick the ball away from him but was too slow.

Seeing the goals we conceded, all were stoppable which adds to the frustration at not winning. We failed to clear our lines twice and got caught out by a quick free kick and conceded the penalty.

However, looking at the goals we scored, Partick will be feeling the exact same.

Mckay played a blinder at Savage’s goal by ensuring the goalie could not get near it.

For those criticising Ridgers in the thread, I don’t see how he could be blamed for any of the goals and he’d a couple of good saves which he should get credit for.

On the red card, in real time I thought it was very harsh as did those around me. With the benefit of seeing it again, I agree with both STFU and tm4tj. An appeal may not be successful but there was no malice and many refs would have let it go or just given a yellow.

• Agree 3

Definitely no malice, but undoubtedly a high foot.  I don't think the rules even require contact to be made to justify a card in such a situation.  That's why an appeal would be a waste of time and money.

Looking at the conceded penalty as well, and it's not clear if there was any contact.  If there was, it was minimal.

Unfortunately, we've twice given the ref a decision to make when we maybe didn't have to, and when you do that there's always a chance it goes against you.

• Agree 1

• tm4tj unpinned this topic