FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Morton (h) May2024

2 hours ago, ICTPaisley said:

Anyone notice Dunc going straight up the tunnel again? I don’t really like that from our manager. 

Wise choice tbf. He'd probably be torn apart limb by limb if he even tried to applaud the North Stand

40 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Wise choice tbf. He'd probably be torn apart limb by limb if he even tried to applaud the North Stand

I’d like to see them try 🤣

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, ICTPaisley said:

Anyone notice Dunc going straight up the tunnel again? I don’t really like that from our manager. 

He always spends time talking to the kids around the tunnel .They love it .

An irrelevant piece of info, but with the benefit of hindsight we now know that on 27 January we became safe from automatic relegation!

• Funny 1

Does anyone know if we have anyone watching Montrose today? I presume they weren’t fielding their strongest side though (no Gardyne) but still came from 0-2 to win win 3-2.  I’d forgotten that they have another ex-ICT player, Matheus Machado.

• Like 2

I think the criticism of Ferguson is way over the top and, realistically,  the club cannot afford to pay him off.

Without doubt he has made mistakes but he is learning his trade and his lack of knowledge of football at this level didn't help. There gave been signs in the last few games that he was starting to make things work. Don't forget the mess that Dodds left with no real strikers apart from Billy, who let's face it, isn't as sharp as he once was. 

I think we will win through the play offs and if we do, the hard work will start to get a team together next season. Don't forget, some posters on here would have been happy  with Imrie as manager.

• Agree 5
  • Well Said 1

48 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Does anyone know if we have anyone watching Montrose today? I presume they weren’t fielding their strongest side though (no Gardyne) but still came from 0-2 to win win 3-2.  I’d forgotten that they have another ex-ICT player, Matheus Machado.

I don’t think Gardyne has featured much for Montrose. I don’t know if he is injured or whether anything else is causing his absence. 

• Thoughtful 1

5 minutes ago, Robert said:

I don’t think Gardyne has featured much for Montrose. I don’t know if he is injured or whether anything else is causing his absence. 

Nah he’s a regular. Played 38 matches this season including all 4 in April.

Posted (edited)

With regards Billy McKay, just had a thought,  Am I right in thinking he's been relegated 4 times in his career?   ICT, Wigan, Dee Utd, C**nty . 

Heaven help, but if he is involved with another relegation I'm sure it must be some kind of record?

Edited by caley100
  • Thoughtful 1

1 hour ago, Yngwie said:

Nah he’s a regular. Played 38 matches this season including all 4 in April.

I stand corrected.

A pity we won’t see him up against Carson…….

• Funny 2

21 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

A surprisingly large crowd for this game.  Brilliant vocal support from all the youngsters in section D too.  But where the f**k have you been all season?

I suspect a lot of them are working at the weekends. 

• Funny 2

Just to cheer you up a wee bit. I travelled north on Friday and holed up in Nethybridge,  a favourite haunt. Armed with train timetables I plotted my day and slept easily.......contemplating a mighty do or die game.......on Saurday at 15.00hrs!!!!. Sprung out of bed on Saturday morning and , on reading the news, realised the season culminating games had all taken place on the night before. My wife laughed and, after 3 or 4 hours, I joined her. What a f,in plonked!!!!

• Funny 7
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 2

1 hour ago, Naelifts said:

Just to cheer you up a wee bit. I travelled north on Friday and holed up in Nethybridge,  a favourite haunt. Armed with train timetables I plotted my day and slept easily.......contemplating a mighty do or die game.......on Saurday at 15.00hrs!!!!. Sprung out of bed on Saturday morning and , on reading the news, realised the season culminating games had all taken place on the night before. My wife laughed and, after 3 or 4 hours, I joined her. What a f,in plonked!!!!

Fair play to you coming clean on that one Rod!  However, if Mantis had found out and posted yer story... well. 

• Like 1
  • Well Said 1

Queens Park kept poor records last year which resulted in ICT  gaining a three nil win in the Scottish Cup because they played an ineligible player.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Sean Welsh joined them in January 2024 and was soon sent off.  He served a one match suspension on 27 January 2024.                                                                                                                                                                                                                    He was then booked on the 24 Fbruary against Dundee United.  Booked on the 9 March against Partick. Booked on the 16 March against Raith. Booked on the 23 March against Ayr. Booked on the 6 April against Dundee United.  Booked on the 13 April against ICT.  That's six bookings and the SFA rule is ' 1 match dated suspension Effective from 14th day Accumulation of six cautionable offences in (For every further accumulation following date of match when the same Competition (including cautions of six cautionable offences, sixth cautionable offence incurred under Part D below) the suspension applied will be occurred and to be served in extended by one match.) the same Competition.'   

By my calcu;lation, those 6 cautions means he should not have played against Arbroath against whom he scored?

The SFA have only just published suspensions for April with his suspension not listed. Does anyone know if it is the clubs responsibility to keep accurate records of suspensions and if so take responsibility when making a team selection?                               

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Naelifts said:

Tremendous work Roddy. I'm sure this was a storyline in an episode of Last of the Summer Wine in 1983. You just needed Compo, Foggy and Clegg (usual ICT suspects standing in obviously...) and a handcar firing down Drumossie Brae to complete the storyline. 🤣 

Edited by ymip
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, caley100 said:

Fair play to you coming clean on that one Rod!  However, if Mantis had found out and posted yer story... well. 

You know that The Mantis has been a model of discretion this season.

Although I must say that nothing about this story surprises me...

2 hours ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Queens Park kept poor records last year which resulted in ICT  gaining a three nil win in the Scottish Cup because they played an ineligible player.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              Sean Welsh joined them in January 2024 and was soon sent off.  He served a one match suspension on 27 January 2024.                                                                                                                                                                                                                    He was then booked on the 24 Fbruary against Dundee United.  Booked on the 9 March against Partick. Booked on the 16 March against Raith. Booked on the 23 March against Ayr. Booked on the 6 April against Dundee United.  Booked on the 13 April against ICT.  That's six bookings and the SFA rule is ' 1 match dated suspension Effective from 14th day Accumulation of six cautionable offences in (For every further accumulation following date of match when the same Competition (including cautions of six cautionable offences, sixth cautionable offence incurred under Part D below) the suspension applied will be occurred and to be served in extended by one match.) the same Competition.'   

By my calcu;lation, those 6 cautions means he should not have played against Arbroath against whom he scored?

The SFA have only just published suspensions for April with his suspension not listed. Does anyone know if it is the clubs responsibility to keep accurate records of suspensions and if so take responsibility when making a team selection?                               

His red card on 27 January was for a second booking. Would both cards in that game be wiped by the one match suspension?

He had no cards during his limited game time with us before he joined Queens Park, so he was starting there with a clean slate.

Presumably referees report yellow and red cards with their reports to the SFA.

It is definitely an issue the club should be checking with the SFA.

Robert - Sean was also booked playing for Inverness against Ayr in the 3-1 win away. I am assuming the two yellows he received in his sending off equalled one red. He served a one match suspension for that. In the Championship this year he had one sending off and a further 7 cautions. By any stretch of the imagination that leads to a further one match suspension in April 2024. By definition he was ineligible to play but who is responsible for enforcing that suspension? Is it the SFA or is the club liable for not seeking guidance from the SFA? 

4 hours ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

It is a big straw and surely valid? Why should one club headquartered at Hampden not be subject to scrutiny?

You are right He had one yellow with us in four games and if the BBC stats are right he has had 7 plus the yellow/red that he was suspended.  I hope someone at our club are looking at this!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Robert - Sean was also booked playing for Inverness against Ayr in the 3-1 win away. I am assuming the two yellows he received in his sending off equalled one red. He served a one match suspension for that. In the Championship this year he had one sending off and a further 7 cautions. By any stretch of the imagination that leads to a further one match suspension in April 2024. By definition he was ineligible to play but who is responsible for enforcing that suspension? Is it the SFA or is the club liable for not seeking guidance from the SFA? 

I may be wrong, but I would assume that it was the responsibility of the SFA to issue a suspension notice to the club.  If they fail to do so, then the player isn't suspended even if he should have been.  But it could be argued that the wording of the rules makes clear the circumstances where a player is subject to suspension and therefore as there is no need for any decision to be made by the SFA, the club should know when a player is suspended whether they have received the formal notification or not.   I agree the club need to raise the issue.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic