FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT Vs Gretna

kencar

Should Brewster rotate the squad and leave a few out with an eye on Saturdays game against Falkirk?

Does the fact we are playing Gretna make it a more important game to win because of the psychological edge it might give us?

Obviously I hope we win both games but personally I feel 3 points on Saturday are more important

Opinions?

It would be good to get one over them before we meet in the league.  Go for the jugular I say, put them to the sword and get Marius scoring again.  League points are ultimately more important, moreso this season after a difficult opening run of results.

Guest TinCanFan

I'd try something different for the Gretna game.  Here's my team:

Fraser

McCaffrey                    Watt/McGuire                  Hastings

Cowie                                                                  Morgan

Black

Tokely                                    Wilson

Niculae                            McDonald

Subs: Malkowski, Duncan, Watt/McGuire, Brewster, McBain                                 

fraser

tokely                                  munro                  mcguire              hastings

cowie                                  black                      nicolae                wilson

brewster            wyness

Watt is still carrying a knock that he picked up in his last reserve game and Bayne and Hastings have only been back in training a couple of days, so can't see any of them starting (they may be on the subs bench though).

McAllister, Paatelainen, Hart and Proctor are also on the injured list at present.

With that in mind I don't think we'll see to many changes to the squad for Tuesday, but I would like to see us set up the squad to attack Gretna constantly for 90 minutes.  I know it's a cup game, but when we were new to the SPL the mistake other "better" teams made against us was to sit back and let us come at them and we shouldn't fall in to that trap.

3 at the back, 5 in the middle to make best use of the width at TCS (include Black and Niculae and give them instructions to get forward as much as possible) and 2 up front.

FRASER

MUNRO          McGUIRE            HASTINGS

TOKELY      COWIE      BLACK      NICULAE        McBAIN

WYNESS        BREWSTER                   

FRASER

PROCTOR (if fit?)      McGUIRE       MUNRO        HASTINGS

TOKELY                     WILSON       DUNCAN         MORGAN

BAYNE         McDONALD

It would be very very foolish to treat Gretna Green as a soft touch. They will want to win this one big style. Full strength team, please Brew.

i would want to see a full strength side out

fraser

tokely              munro                  mcguire            mcbain

wilson              cowie                    black                  niculae

brewster                macdonald

A little birdie told me Blackie won't be starting tonight, not involved at all.  Can't remember who else.  But do know there are only 2 injured players at present and they are the 2 long terms.  Apart from that i wouldn't expect any surprises, would be nice to see a couple of players get a chance, especially Deano!

I agree with tug, Gretna  will be up for it,full strenght team. If we get to the quarter finals and draw againt one of the old firm think of the money we would get and could beat them for a great day out at Hampden.    :021: