FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Booing of McAllister

Guest TinCanFan

These long balls down the pitch won't help his rather short frame when he plays.  It would be better if they played it along the ground to him so we can finally see what he can really do.

Well don't expect to see him figure under CB then.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TinCanFan

It wouldn't surprise me if CB loans him out in the not too distant future, especially when he is unable to counted as an under 21 player.

I don't think anyone is saying that these lads, or anyone for that matter, should sit silently the whole game.  If Fraser had been having a howler of a game, then jeering him may also have been justifiable, but (despite not being tested often) he kept a clean sheet and dealt fairly solidly with everyone that was thrown at him.

McAllister is not rated highly among many of the support, but again he wasn't even on the park, let alone had a chance to do anything deserving the booing.  If people want to berate players then during the match is not the time for it.

We, as fans, have no control over what players are out there representing us...but the fact is they are out there in our colours playing for our team and you could argue that if your of the opinion that they are a weak link then they need all the more encouragement and support to get them through.

There's a time and a place for protesting, but getting in a players back in such a fashion during the match does nobody any favours and only adds to and becomes part of the problem.

It's never a good idea to boo any player from the Team you support.

But ....... if you MUST boo someone, then McAllister is probably an excellent choice.

"if you must boo someone"...think your missing the point mate....you don't boo anyone, your called a supporter for a reason!!  there is no excellent choice!!  i think you should reevaluate what your saying....

Guest WynessLegend

But ....... if you MUST boo someone, then McAllister is probably an excellent choice.

"if you must boo someone"...think your missing the point mate....you don't boo anyone, your called a supporter for a reason!!  there is no excellent choice!!  i think you should reevaluate what your saying....

Looks like I'll have to say it again.........

What about the majority of the "support" who booed the entire Team off the pitch after the Motherwell game.

What about the majority of posters on this unrepresentative site who constantly criticise Brewster and practically every player in our squad.

We pay our money.

We can boo or cheer whoever we want.

The players are professionals and if they can't put up with it they're in the wrong job.

What about the majority of the "support" who booed the entire Team off the pitch after the Motherwell game.

What about the majority of posters on this unrepresentative site who constantly criticise Brewster and practically every player in our squad.

We pay our money.

The players are professionals and if they can't put up with it they're in the wrong job.

Booing an entire team off the field is a very different matter from singling out a young player for the boo treatment BEFORE he has even started to play....

Can you not see that?

Guest WynessLegend

Of course I can.

It's a bit different.

It's not very different.

But I don't think people who boo or unjustly criticise are in a strong position to chastise others for doing the same.

Personally, I didn't boo Rory, and I don't call for Brewster head on this site.

(I did boo Fraser after his "V" and I did boo Rossco after his irresponsible red card).

But - if other people wish to do so, it's their choice.

somebody shouted to fraser "its the green thing in front off you" after a somebad kicking which he does every week - he flicked the two fingers at the fans - only then did he recieve some abuse which i felt he deserved, if a fan is paying money at an SPL game surely they have a right when there keeper has a tendencey to kick very poorley. and on the matter of rory , he isnt up to it and doesn't show anything at a first team level of ever being up too it and that is why he is booed , i would rather play zibi as a target man than play rory he would be more use.

true jaggy

You have a tendencey to spel very poorley, but we don't all come on here and give you dog's abuse for that....!!

Not yet anyway.... :023:

Aye but we are not paying for the privilege of witnessing his spelling prowess, I do feel the Jaggy has a point even though he is a Jag.

Just to even things up a bit, Rory started the Reserves game today quite slowly, then got a good goal.  Into the second half, his confidence increased and he got a second goal and could have had at least two more but the windy conditions didn't help.  However, a penalty was conceded , up stepped Rory and he scored, to make the final score ICT Reserves 4 Motherwell Reserves 0.

So - Rory had a hat-trick today......  Everyone say WELL DONE, RORY!.  We all did.

Not quite the Rory Fan Club, but pleased for ICT and him in particular.

We pay our money.

i understand you pay your money, however,

the players job is to play football, not to put up with ignorant fans that have nothing better to do than to go out on a Saturday afternoon to criticise and boo the team and individual players they supposedly say they support just to get a few pitiful kicks from smashing a players confidence before he even steps onto the park.  if your saying money justifies that then your a sad individual im sorry to say. 

I think Rory answered some critics in the best possible way yesterday.  I also agree that paying your money to get in does not mean you can do what you like when you get into the stadium, it entitles you to sit down and watch the game, be it good or bad.  Surely you should know what to expect when you go to watch ICT by now, the roller coaster continues.

unfortunately if you pay your money you are entitled to boo , cheer or whatever. nothing in the rules about booing. however thats probably because its plainly obvious to anyone with even the IQ  of a dead fish that your not supposed to boo your own players/ manager

Guest TinCanFan

In the programme at the Unacceptable Conduct page it says during the Disorderly Conduct section that it includes:

"2. Using threatening, abusive or insulting words or conduct."

It also says futher down the page:

"Any supporter who engages in unacceptable conduct will be liable for sanctions imposed by the Club which may involve ejection from the stadium, withdrawl of a season ticket and/or exclusion from future matches involving the club."

I really hope that the club take action against these people though I actually doubt that they even realise that it is going on.

And I thought that the originqal set of posts primarily referred to booing Rory in the warmup which is disgraceful imho.

If you want to use the money excuse so be  it but booing a player after he starts on the pitch is bad manners and counterproductive.

And it is very unlikely to galvanise him into playing much better unless he is so resentful and angered by it (unfair booing) that he runs amok.

On balance surely you understand that encouragement is much more effective...like the lazy employee that I once had in my business who told me , after I fired him accompanied by a couple of choice words,  "you will get more with honey than vinegar, sniff".

To which I replied..." there are few bees in this office but this one has just stung you. there's  the door, please close it on the way out". :014: