FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Black's behaviour

Guest neksor

Oh and a turn in the 2nd half that left two of the Celtic midfielders wondering whether it was New York or New Year was sublime.

You mean this one

[img width=500 height=389]http://www.caleythistleonline.com/gallery/albums/upload/match_pics/2007_08/20071216_celtic_gg/normal_20071216_celtic_gg_009.jpg

.... as shown in Gordon Gillespie's gallery from today

http://www.caleythistleonline.com/gallery/...s.php?album=420

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Scotty, as a cameo it was up there with the best.

Looking from the North Stand it was like poetry.

To have players with the skill of Black is a luxury that can be underestimated.

The honest toil of the days of yore was as very well and good but flashes of skill such as the one illustrated really does lift the spirits.

Just read an interesting interview with him in the Sunday Herald in which he is quoted as saying that he tended to "go over the top" and that his erstwhile stack of cautions were for "challenges" and "never for mouthing".

His answer to the question put by me on this thread is that he was "a bit eager".

Seems fair enough to me.

The bad news is that he seems to be looking for move rather than a new deal when his contract expires in a years time.

I don't want to be - really I don't - but his closing comments in the article have indicated to me he still has a wee bit of work to do on the diplomatic front.

I firmly believe Ian Black has the potential to go the furthest of any ICT player. Superb talent. And to think some were wanting him out of the club last season saying he brought nothing to the team! :015:

Yes Ian's showing alot more maturity now. Glad to see he didn't over react to the wee over rated Irishman ,who deserved the yellow .

As always Black gave his all.  as did the rest of the lads.

absolutely, seeing Mcgeady spit the dummy out was hilarious  :015:

I firmly believe Ian Black has the potential to go the furthest of any ICT player. Superb talent. And to think some were wanting him out of the club last season saying he brought nothing to the team! :015:

Nice bit if spin there RiG.....What was being said was that the disrespect he was showing the club and badge was out of order and it didn't matter how good he was it should not be tolerated, I don't thing many (if any) ever doubted his talent as a player.

Nice bit if spin there RiG.....What was being said was that the disrespect he was showing the club and badge was out of order and it didn't matter how good he was it should not be tolerated, I don't thing many (if any) ever doubted his talent as a player.

There were posts from people on this site saying he wasn't even that good and that he brought nothing to the team. These were posted after that Falkirk game last season.

And if you want to read the article but cant be ersed searching for it HERE IT IS

Can't understand why a move to either of the Embra numpty teams should appeal to him so much....

If ICT can build on it's current success and strengthen the squad during January, we could very well finish this season above Hibs & Hearts..... :018:

Can't understand why a move to either of the Embra numpty teams should appeal to him so much....

More money, bigger crowds, better chance of playing in Europe plus Edinburgh has nicer Christmas lights than Inverness.

Ian should be setting his sights on far bigger things than Hibs/Hearts. He's got the ability to go very far. Until now, his temper has held him back, but it really does look like he's resolving that issue, and I firmly believe he'll end up at a BIG club.

All the raving the media have done over Scott Brown this season, and wee Blackie gave him a masterclass yesterday :001:

More money, bigger crowds, better chance of playing in Europe plus Edinburgh has nicer Christmas lights than Inverness.

I must admit I hadn't thought about the Christmas lights....  :024:

Fork me, I've just wlked into the fifth form.  Is there not a memories thread for these things, I thought this was a football forum.  Black is brilliant and his behaviour is impeccable now.

Blackie isn't from Edinburgh he is from East Lothian, and he,s happy where he is, we should be encouraging him, he is in a class of his own, well done, the rest of the squad.  p.s. East Lothian is about 12mls from Edinburgh

First an English lesson - Now - geography....

Quote : p.s. East Lothian is about 12mls from Edinburgh

Depends what part of East Lothian, Gillian....  :018:

Also... Don't think there is any lack of encouragement for Blackie lately...

Apart from the usual suspect nit-pickers....

Gillian,

Ian is an outstanding prospect who needs a bit more time to grown and develop. In the last few weeks he's started to grow again.

McGeady was reduced to his primal state after Ian had a little laugh with him about his booking.....http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=662907.html

He was named man of the match by a number of commentators which shows the work he is putting in on discipline is helping him, and the team.

There were posts from people on this site saying he wasn't even that good and that he brought nothing to the team. These were posted after that Falkirk game last season.

I never cared about the red card against Falkirk, the direspect to the club and the manager he showed when he threw the shirt down was downright shocking, and I still beleive that a player with that sort of attitude should be dealt with severly. Very few said he wasn't good enough, but at that time Black was in the poorest form he'd ever shown since coming to caley (he was dropped a few weeks after the falkirk game) and really wasn't bringing anything to the team. Black got the good kick up the backside he deserved, he is now far superior to any other midfielder at the club, and has chanelled his agression in to a bite that few other players in Scotland.