FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The Choirboys

Alex MacLeod

Rather like Alex's first post, I also enjoyed the support on Saturday and felt we were a lesson to most clubs on how to support your team!

The noise coming from the choir and especially the ''****** home support'' directed at the Hibs fans was excellent.

The black mark and yes, the mark was rather big - was the use of the F.. word in a chorus.

'Reduce the kids ticket price and have parents take their kids to the game and increase the attendance' - what a super idea - and then we can all sing the F... word to them and everyone will go home happy, and come back for the next game!!  Aye Right!!

The two families that moved away from the choir TOWARDS THE HIBS FANS did not indicate, to me, that they went home happy and will return next week!

Was going to say, I didnt like the Celtic one, known loads of Hibees over the years and it doesnt wind them up at all.  It just makes us look a bit naive, also I've got respect for just about every football fan in this country who doesnt follow one of the OF, Edinburghs no different to Inverness in that theres as many Celtic fans (if not more) there than Hibs.

absent friend, did they indicate to you that they moved because of the F word?

Don't get me wrong, I thought it was very humerous and all, but under new regulations can we not get the book thrown at us by the SFA for the "HIV capital" one.

After the Rangers debacle, the SFA are desperate to prove that there not pansies on the whole "offensive singing" issue, and I can see them seeing us as the perfect way of clamping down on it, what clout do we have?

My post did indeed start off with lots of praise and it was well merited!! Super, super support!

That, however, perhaps makes me that wee bit more disappointed when I hear the F.. word being sung loudly, from our choir and ...No .. I did not hear it from the opposition support.

No Clacher, the families did not tell me that they moved because the swear words were being shouted but, assuming you were there, you will appreciate that we all had a great view of the park and moving did not offer a better view or a warmer seat etc. - the timing of the move and the direction, was a dead giveaway.

However, to finish on the same note as I started, to be part of this support is a privilege, in my opinion.

I thought the Celtic one was a bit odd. What was the Elvis one?

I always liked the "O'Connor flies over the ocean......" song.

I take it you mean "I can't help falling in love with you" by Elvis?  :023: