FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

We Need A New Manager For Next Season

Kingsmills

Should Craig Brewster Be Repaced As Manager ?  

692 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No
    • Delay Decision Until The End Of The Season

He's quoted in today's Courier as saying : "I was unhappy with Dennis's performance against Falkirk, and felt that the situation regarding his contract had dragged on for too long and that it was time to call a halt to it.."

That just doesn't make any sense in the context of what we've heard about contracts over the last few weeks.

Brewster practically announced that Dennis was signing a two-year deal and Dennis himself was under the impression that everything was agreed. Also, Dennis was ready to sign the contract before Russell was so why wasn't his contract withdrawn?

By spinning lines like that Brewster is simply lying to us. For the good of the club i hope that Dennis comes out and tells us what really happened - not just to him but to Rankin, Wilson and Park as well. 

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After some reflection I think it is premature to judge Brewsters actions at this point. It could be that he has some new players lined up in the summer and is clearing the decks. Whether binning Wilson, Rankin, and (hopefully not!) Wyness was the right or the wrong decision will depend upon who he replaces them with. We will have to reserve judgement.

He's quoted in today's Courier as saying : "I was unhappy with Dennis's performance against Falkirk, and felt that the situation regarding his contract had dragged on for too long and that it was time to call a halt to it.."

That just doesn't make any sense in the context of what we've heard about contracts over the last few weeks.

Brewster practically announced that Dennis was signing a two-year deal and Dennis himself was under the impression that everything was agreed. Also, Dennis was ready to sign the contract before Russell was so why wasn't his contract withdrawn?

Exactly !!!!!

(allegedly) .... The contract was agreed, only the formalities of signing it had to take place, the date was set for signing, the date was the day before the Falkirk game, someone from the club was not able to attend (for whatever reason) even though Denzil was .... then the contract is withdrawn 3 days later.

If the saga had "dragged on", maybe the club should have turned up to sign it on the agreed date !!!  What part of the club not turning up on Friday is Denzil's fault ? Why does he have to pay for someone else's failings ? Was he that bad on Saturday that a contract all parties had agreed to had to be withdrawn ? Its all a crock of s*** !!!

Regardless of which camp you fall into with regards to contracts for certain players, the club, and its manager are a f***ing laughing stock with those who support other teams, and a source of grave concern for those of us who support ICT. This is not the way to manage people or to treat people and anyone at the club who thinks it is should resign now

According to Dennis...... it's unlikely he'll feature tomorrow and possibly played his last game for us!

According to CB.......he wants Dennis to prove himself over the remainder of the season and then maybe talk contracts !

Two totally different stories, I think I know which one I believe !!! :024:

Brewster's actions sound like some kind of get- off- the -hook story.

It looks as if he is saying that because Dennis had a poor game the day after he was supposed to sign his contract that gave Brewster the reason or right to suspend the deal. To put it crudely that is a load of absolute baloney.

1. One poor game does not entitle the player to be treated this way unless , as I think was the case, you were looking for an excuse to walk away from the deal. No player is perfect.

2. A deal is a fecking deal Brewster--and if you break it on a spurious excuse then you are not a man to be trusted and your word is not worth much. It's not like the world is heavily  populated with people of great character but that does not give you the excuse to act in this way and you are the one under the spotlight, nobody else, in this situation.In a public Management position such as yours if you don't keep your word you can do yourself a lot of harm. People can forgive  a man for not having the ability to Manage but dishonouring an Agreement is a different matter, especiually a petty reason.

And a deal does not have to be in writing to be a deal. This is very poor form Mr Brewster.No wonder Dennis is disillusioned.I don't blame him for wanting to get out as soon as possible.

3. Now you have publicly demonstrated that your word is not to be trusted how do you expect to have the faith and trust of the other players?

To be blunt, it may not happen tomorrow, but I feel that your days at Tulloch Caledonian Stadium are now numbered. You are done and dusted and frankly I am sad about it because I am all for giving a guy a fair shake.

:finger02:

unfort dennis has done very little this season to get a new contract has been well below par, but i think the club should have said from the start your contract will be sorted near the end of the season rather then give false promises .but also dennis did stall over signing some weeks ago so it isnt all brewaters fault either  :023: :023: :023:

Remember Pele put him on the transfer list not long after he arrived which had an effect on his on field performances. He is now married with children so has a lot more responsibility. Let's see what happens to to his motivation? :024:

Robbo wouldn't be a bad option....

But isn't it time we broke the mould of re-appointing all those who moved on to "better things"...?

yes

if, and that's a big if, we we were going to appoint another manager Billy Reid would get my vote

If we don't get 3 points today it won't be so much a big "if"....

It will be more like a big "when"

Fingers crossed JB. Lets hope the Board have grown a set of ball between them. They broke the mould by breaking the wage structure with Niculae, lets hope they the continue to break new gorund and SACK the embarrasment we have a for a manager