FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Andy Barrowman

MissICT

Guest birdog

I think you can include Clyde as a Junior team anyway  :004:

That said, anyone catch their result today? What a come back and McSwegan scored as well!

Little unfair there RiG considering we pipped them at the post to get to SPL.

The point I was trying to make was Imrie came from much lower leagues to SPL and is now slotting in fine so why shouldn't Barrowman.

Imrie showed some class in SFL 1, Barrowman has not.

Barrowman's record for County in SFL 2 league games. Played 33 including subs appearances Goals= 24.

Barrowman's record for QOS in SFL 1 league games. Played 24 incl sub appearances Goals=1

If he struggles to score in the first division how is he going to cope in the SPL. I cannot say for sure, can you? and do you really think he is worth the time and money needed to be spent on him? IMO we should be chasing bigger targets.

Source

if he,s that crap,why are hibs and dons after him then?

Where did I say he was crap? I think he is relatively unknown at SPL level, sure bargain signings can be had from the lower divisions but just because players perform well in the !st and 2nd divisions does not mean they will automatically become a hit in the SPL.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think you can include Clyde as a Junior team anyway  :004:

That said, anyone catch their result today? What a come back and McSwegan scored as well!

Little unfair there RiG considering we pipped them at the post to get to SPL.

The point I was trying to make was Imrie came from much lower leagues to SPL and is now slotting in fine so why shouldn't Barrowman.

Imrie showed some class in SFL 1, Barrowman has not.

Barrowman's record for County in SFL 2 league games. Played 33 including subs appearances Goals= 24.

Barrowman's record for QOS in SFL 1 league games. Played 24 incl sub appearances Goals=1

If he struggles to score in the first division how is he going to cope in the SPL. I cannot say for sure, can you? and do you really think he is worth the time and money needed to be spent on him? IMO we should be chasing bigger targets.

Source

if he,s that crap,why are hibs and dons after him then?

Where did I say he was crap? I think he is relatively unknown at SPL level, sure bargain signings can be had from the lower divisions but just because players perform well in the !st and 2nd divisions does not mean they will automatically become a hit in the SPL.

i would rather take a chance on barrowman at a lower wage than wyness at a higher wage,he cant be any worse

There is no chance that Barrowman will come on a lower wage the Dennis.  We cannot get players to come to ICT on the wages our current squad are earning.  That's why we shouldn't be so too hasty in getting rid of what we have if they still have something to offer.

• 2 weeks later...

CRAIG Brewster has stepped up his attempts to sign Andrew Barrowman by putting a firm offer to the Ross County striker.

The 23-year-old, who is currently out of contract, has been a transfer target of Brewster's since the turn of the year and it now appears the Caley Thistle manager is closing in on his first signing of the summer.

Barrowman's 29-goal haul for County in only his first season at the club was a major factor in helping the Dingwall outfit bounce back into Division One at the first time of asking and his goalscoring exploits have not gone unnoticed by those at a higher level.

Despite struggling to make an impression at the likes of Kilmarnock and Queen of the South, Barrowman has several SPL club's keen on securing his services, but Caley Thistle are hopeful the fact he is settled in the Highlands will help to convince the player to make the move across the Kessock Bridge.

"We have made Andrew Barrowman an offer, so it's now up to him," said Caley Thistle's director of football, Graeme Bennett. "I think he wants some time to weigh up his options.

"As I understand it, there are other SPL teams looking at him, but because he likes the area and he's settled in so well since coming here we're hopeful he will come to us. However, he has a number of other options, including the opportunity to stay at Ross County, so we'll wait and see what happens."

Should Barrowman arrive, however, it will not automatically spell the end of forward Graham Bayne's Caley Thistle career.

There has been much speculation regarding the 28-year-old's future since January when Kilmarnock had a bid of around ?50,000 for Bayne rejected on the final day of the transfer window.

Bayne has been used sparingly by Brewster since then and that has lead to interest in the player from Division One side's St Johnstone and Dunfermline.

Both have yet to make a formal offer, but even if one was made, Bennett insists Inverness would be reluctant to sell before they had signed a suitable replacement.

"I would like to see players coming in before anyone else leaves," he added. "We don't want to leave ourselves short, so I can't see Graham, or anyone else for that matter, moving on at this moment."

Bayne's fellow forward Dennis Wyness, veteran Barry Wilson and winger Markus Paatelainen look set to find out this week if they have a future at Caley Thistle.

Brewster has already spoken to Wilson and it would seem the 36-year-old is likely to be rewarded for his recent performances with a short-term deal. However, the outlook is not so bright for either Wyness of Paatelainen.

Wyness, a target for SPL rivals St Mirren, has been an unused substitute in Caley Thistle's last two fixtures, while a knee injury has kept Paatelainen on the sidelines for the past two weeks.

Two players definitely staying at Inverness next season, however, are 20-year-old striker Garry Wood and defender Guy Kerr.

Wood, who spent the season on loan at Division Three side Montrose, and Kerr (20) have put pen to paper on new two and one-year deals respectively.

Meanwhile, Caley Thistle will be heading to Denmark in mid-July for a pre-season training camp that will include the possibility of one or two friendlies against local opposition.

Bennett confirmed the Scandinavian country is the "likely" destination for the club's now annual sojourn abroad, while there are also plans for friendly matches closer to home against near-neighbours Ross County, St Johnstone and perhaps an English club.

"At the moment, we are trying to tie down a date for a friendly against Ross County, but that is proving to be a little bit difficult because County's season starts on 26th July, while we begin on 9th August." explained Bennett.

It is John Rankin deja - vu

"We have made Andrew Barrowman an offer, so it's now up to him," said Caley Thistle's director of football, Graeme Bennett. "I think he wants some time to weigh up his options. Made in January

Should Barrowman arrive, however, it will not automatically spell the end of forward Graham Bayne's Caley Thistle career. Of course it would and Bayne evidently knows what has been going on behind the scenes

Bennett insists Inverness would be reluctant to sell before they had signed a suitable replacement.That refers to Barrowman

:sillywave:

Apparently we will know by Thursday whether we've got our man or not. Of course, going by previous transfer sagas at the club that probably means the final Thursday in August  :tic01:

Lets assume we land Barrowman.....do we take a punt and try and sign him on a 4 yr deal, or do the usual short sighted pish, sign him on a 2 yr deal and risk loosing him after 1 season?

After reading Barrowman's comments in the P&J today, I don't think he's ICT bound  :020:

Hope i'm wrong though...

Here's the link for the story....

CLICKITY CLICK

Basically Brewster saying he's our Number 1 (only?) signing target & Barrowman saying he's going to wait as long as possible before deciding who to sign for  :rolleyes02:

Also St Johnstone & Dunfermline have made enquiries about Bayne & Deano is being released on a free transfer!

Nice to see us conducting our business through the press again  :029:

I'll be very surprised to hear if we get Barrowman now,  we're obviously not offering him a good deal or otherwise he would have it all signed and sealed before he goes on holiday and doesn't need to be worrying who he's playing for next season.

Doesn't look too hopeful on the Barrowman front. We've got such a poor image with the way we treat players (Rankin, Black, Wyness et al) that any possible signings steer well clear. I hope I'm wrong as Barrowman would be an excellent signing.

It's rather boring on here tonight. :012:

Oops there's a flash just in on Charlie Bannerman's  blueberry.

I live in Maple Ridge, B.C. ,the blueberry capital of the world, so the East Indiam wallahs tell me at least, and  when I sent Charles a hand-held device he questioned my choice of words.So there is the answer.

Anyway  the flash says.:-

The Ross County player responded to C. Bannerman's questions succinctly. He had heard of the former gent's reputation and was just succint up to him anyways.

"What are your feelings about going to Caley Thistle Embert?"

I will need time to think about that Charles. I know they are desperate to sign me due to the dearth of class in the Highlands but I can increase my value by playing hard to get I reckon. But they will come round to my way of thinking soon.No problem.

"

O.K., then if you join ICT will you score a load of goals at Tulloch?"

Aye ,mun, another barrow load I am sure.

"And will you have another very good season?"

Aye, mun, I was barreling on at County and feel I can do the same at ICT.

"So, by that you mean you have decided to sign for ICT then?"

Only if they match the other offers. Like I am worth more..eh? ..and for Caley this kind of opportunity doesn't come along too often so I am playimg my cards close to my vest, Natch!

"And if they do  make the big offer how are you going to get all the money into the Bank, then?"

No problem , mun, .....I'll use a wheeley or a barrowman , what do you think?

"Oh, so you won't be em-barrassed by the sudden uplift in your fortunes?"

Naw, I seed it coming, mun. Was on the cards. Goals were coming along like the leafs fall off the trees in  winter.

"Actually, it's the Autumn , Embert, not the Winter, but it's nice to be over-confident I am sure. Personally speaking, I have never felt the need or had the opportunity to be over the top about myself,  just got my feet on the ground at all times, like."

Yeah , right. Whatever!.

At this point a little bit of needle crept into the conversation so we will wind it up  here with the following exchange:

"O.K. EMBIE, I have  a deadline to meet so what's your final word on all this little bit of

backtalk?" (Note: respect has ebbed a bit...)

Embert's the name footie's my game. I am a duck to water.Respect, mun, respect.

Check in wiv me in 6 months Charlie (cheeky with it, eh?) and have another  opportunity to make it big with a top interview from Dingwall --or Parkheid if you get my drift.  :naughty:

I'm up fer it, mun, up fer it. Just flying--they call me the sparrow in the barrow.

See youse at Tulloch...maybe.  You know you need me.

Guest Aboynamedsue

Right its around 6ish pm & office hours are usually over , still no word as to whether Barrowman's signing !!

Didnt he say by Thurday he's give his answer , before going on his Jollys ?

Im away to watch the STV news with anticipation ! :024:

Guest Aboynamedsue

so we havn't signed Barrowman??

will we sign anyone??

God knows , maybe we'll hear something tomorrow  :024: