FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Celtic : matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what, it wasnt a great game, but I will give the lads a thumbs up for trying their damndest to make a game of it. Dougie Imrie was my ICT Man of the Match by miles !!

If we played like that in every game, we would be winning a lot more games against the teams that are considered to be "at our level".

I have to say that we played very well today, held our own in the first half and not making it easy for them at all and creating our own chances. I really don't like the fact that we've lost a few goals this season in the 1st five minutes of the second half!

But can't take away the fighting spirit for the rest of the half and the entire game. Good to see Wood get a goal and boost the confidence, and midfield holding out well!

MOTM and it may come as a surprise to some but Duncan did well, rarely gave the ball away and made some good passes. Imrie, Cowie were close to that performance to.

We were unlucky today! But well played!

All in all I thought that was a good performance from the lads(if you take out the first 15-20 mins of second half) as mentioned before thought Imrie was very good today perhaps holds on to the ball a little to long at times though.

Our poor home form continues but i guess not many would have honestly seen us getting 3 points today.

As I've said elsewhere, what's upset me this season is not the games we've lost, it's the fact that it didn't look like players were giving their all.

That wasn't the case today, the players were all up for it, we looked like we had a plan and for large spells it seemed to be working.

Bring on Motherwell, and more importantly, let's make sure all players take to the field with the same attitude as they did today.

Just watched the game on Setanta with a Rangers fan, who of course, today, was shouting for ICT as loudly as I was. I thought we played well, and clearly shaded the first half. If only Wood had scored that great chance! A few costly mistakes in second half. Why wasn't Tokeley challenging for the second goal at the far post? Nevertheless, if we can keep up this level all season, we will beat a lot of teams, and should, I hope, finish no worse than mid table. Cowie and Imrie both were magnificent. Overall, I was encouraged.

A word too for the referee. He has had some shockers in the past, but today I thought he had a great match.

Great team performance that certainly deserved a draw.

Tokely skinned again for the 2nd goal. The manager needs to do something about covering the RB hole that appears in most games.

Thought Imrie was terrific and Black very good. He took a needless booking for a bad foul. When he was substituted he was in two minds about walking down the tunnel. Brewster never looked at him and after getting a pat on the back from the trainers he did walk down the tunnel and I did not see him re-appear!

neksor

A word too for the referee. He has had some shockers in the past, but today I thought he had a great match.

He really should have sent Blackie off. But we should have had a corner. So that evens things out.

But yes, he was pretty good.

Really enjoyed the game today , we showed Celtic we're no push overs , very unlucky not to get a point

The Team have a lot to be proud of , after all Celtic are in the Champions League & Scottish champions

MON THE CALEY :rotflmao:

Edited by Fanoffooty

Cant vote in the POY poll because I am not at the game, but **** me, I am seriously impressed with how Imrie has played today.

Oh come on Scotty, I understand you guys wanting to keep the poll fair, but surely watching the game for the full 90 minutes with detailed analysis and replays should be enough for you to make a rounded decision on how well a player has preformed.

Pretty good performance - we didn't deserve to lose. Like most other posters, I felt Imrie had a great game and Cowie also looked far more positive than previous games this season. Wasn't happy to see Wood starting ahead of Rooney, but I thought he did well. We shouldn't judge him too harshly for that miss in the first half - he created the chance and placed a moving ball on target; he just didn't get enough lift on it to beat Boruc. Also took his goal well. The only player that didn't seem to contribute much was McBain - would have preferred to see Vigurs in the midfield as Celtic were nothing special today and a little more creativity might have given us a few more clear cut chances.

Frustrating but encouraging, as long as we can take the same attitude and focus into our next matches.

What a miss from Garry Wood, he was very poor all day and a very bad decision from Brewster to start him upfront!

We were good after Rooney came and we went 2-0 down.

Stewards again were an absolute disgrace. Surprised tomcaleyjag or anyone else hasn't mentioned about him getting chucked out yet! For puting a flag up!!! What a ******* disgrace, the club should be ashamed! 1 steward says its ok, we keep it up for the game. But yet just before kick off...eject him!!!!!

The club should be ashamed of the people they hire to do that job! No hoper ***** that only wish they were the Police!! That fat ******* was loving the power trip and after he chucked him out he came up to us and tried to get a joke with us. I'm sorry but what a cu*t!!! The club really need to get a grip!!!! SHOCKING!!

What a miss from Garry Wood, he was very poor all day and a very bad decision from Brewster to start him upfront!

Stewards again were an absolute disgrace. Surprised tomcaleyjag or anyone else hasn't mentioned about him getting chucked out yet! For puting a flag up!!! What a ******* disgrace, the club should be ashamed! 1 steward says its ok, we keep it up for the game. But yet just before kick off...eject him!!!!!

The club should be ashamed of the people they hire to do that job! No hoper ***** that only wish they were the Police!! That fat ******* was loving the power trip and after he chucked him out he came up to us and tried to get a joke with us. I'm sorry but what a cu*t!!! The club really need to get a grip!!!! SHOCKING!!

Where was the flag put up?

Where was the flag put up?

Mike Smith's arse hopefully

Thought Imrie was terrific and Black very good. He took a needless booking for a bad foul. When he was substituted he was in two minds about walking down the tunnel. Brewster never looked at him and after getting a pat on the back from the trainers he did walk down the tunnel and I did not see him re-appear!

neksor

Thought that was Blackies first bad game this season to be honest.

Aye, he didn't seem to know what to do when he got hooked, but in fairness to Brewster, it was only a matter of time before Black was going to get sent off. He should've walked in the first half, but in fairness to McGeady, he got up quickly from a very badly timed swipe by Blackie. If he'd stayed down, and rolled around lots I'm sure Ian would've seen red.

Don't really know how you can justify that. Wood worked hard and created chances for himself as well as scoring our only goal. Before the game I thought Brewster should have started Rooney, but once I saw how we managed to press the Celtic midfield in the first half and give the ball into Wood's feet, I realised Brewster had made the right decision. With Rooney as a lone striker, it might have been too tempting to start punting high balls to him early on. I suspect Rooney is most effective as the ballwinner in a pair up front when we are playing further up the field rather than having to play on the break - wasn't it Rooney that won the ball for Wood's goal?

Edited by alternative maryhill

Take away the first 20 minutes of the second half and we were the better team. Brew had us well organised from the off, and the lack of a target man and a route one ball meant Celtic had to play it through us, which they found pretty tough. Wood deserves a bit of flak for missing that glorious chance, but it was a world class stop by Boruc.

What does Brew put in the players' half time tea though? Yet again we were caught cold at the beginning of the second half. Imrie had a wonderful game otherwise, but he should have been tracking Naylor down the left. Our defence should have dealt better with the cross though, and the same goes for the second goal. It was a shame as we looked great in the closing stages after Wood grabbed one back, the substitutions were good ones (Black was walking a tightrope and wasn't having all that great a game) and we definitely warranted a draw.

C'est la vie. Imrie deserved his MOTM, while I thought Wood did a good job with such little service. Munro was the pick of our defenders for me.