FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Zadi Gone or Not (merged)

Guest birdog

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think his signing will be to give Hastings and Vigurs a bit more competition for a place.  Watching Zadi a couple of seasons ago in a friendly against us, he was one of the better players in a poor game.

I echo what Chibber said though, I await the good signings...  :014:

I'm looking forward to seeing Zadi in action and have a good feeling about this signing.  His size will give the back four a bit more of a presence and by all accounts he's got a bit of pace as well.

However, it's not a signing that does anything to settle my nerves about how we will perform as a team next season.  We're no strangers to taking a punt on a player, but it's always been the odd player coming in to a squad who all know each other well.  For various reasons we don't have that as much any more and we seem to be pinning our hopes on the potential of players which are very much an unknown quantity at this level.

I think we shouldn't judge him until we actually see him.

But I heard that Brew didn't like him.

Why the **** would Brew sign him if he didn't rate him? We're not Hearts. Although I will agree wih your first point, having not seen I'm not going to comment on the quality of the signing until he has played a few games.

Guest TinCanFan

He looks thrilled to be there.  And here's something to note, as Zadi has now signed I reckon that means that Juanjo aint coming back.

He looks thrilled to be there.  And here's something to note, as Zadi has now signed I reckon that means that Juanjo aint coming back.

Yeah, because it's like they would be identical players vying for the same position and everything!!!!  :tic01:

Guest TinCanFan

Yeah, because it's like they would be identical players vying for the same position and everything!!!!  :tic01:

What I meant is that as Juanjo and Zadi were both on trial at the same time then we might have about Juanjo by now.  And what is Lionel Djebi Zadi's surname?  Is it Zadi, Djebi Zadi or Djebi-Zadi?  And something else, how do you prounce it?

Well, he frightens the sh!t out of me.  I believe he will be a good addition to the squad and his presence may well be felt by a few spl forwards this season.  Good signing by Brew, well done.

If he comes towards you, just call him sir.

I would like to see at least one more defender come in.

Good points from reading blurb from other fans who've seen him, he's strong, pacy, good in the air and has a long throw.  bad points, he has a poor touch and is inconsistent.

He looks the part and did OK at County, but in Germany seems to have been playing for amateur clubs in front of a few hundred fans, which maybe tells us something.

But perhaps a physical presence is more important in the SPL than over there.

Is this lad not a Left back?

If so why do we need him? Surley we should be more woried about our centre backs.

If not, apologies!

but in Germany seems to have been playing for amateur clubs in front of a few hundred fans

SC Paderborn 07 aint that small despite their relegation last year. hardly a few hundered fans!

SC Paderborn 07 aint that small despite their relegation last year. hardly a few hundered fans!

I don't think he ever actually appeared for Paderborn. But I was actually referring to the two clubs he's played for since then. Looks like a career in free fall, but hopefully we can turn that around.

You know, I'm surprised Brewster brought him in when Richie Byrne is available for a free transfer  :rolleyes02:

Sounds like a very similar player!