FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New manager thread (merged)

Guest birdog

I doubt if he'd want to come in any event. He's probably already on the sort of salary that we could offer him and he may well feel, with some justification, that St Johnstone have at least as much prospect of being in the SPL next season as ICT.

This is correct. What people will do for some column inches. My boss has said too, that they better not come asking to get me released.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see them going after anyone if compensation was to be an issue.

Totally agree, there are a few candidates out there that comp will not be an issue and I am sure they will go for one of them, particulary as the probably had to pay Brew off

My first post so go easy on me lads (and lasses)

I thought Brewsers contract ran out fairly soon (?August) so compensation wouldnt be that big.

I would like to see McInnes here, his team seem to play good footie. What I hear is he is very thorough and professional about his job.

The manager needs to be here in days. I doubt we could get the compensation sorted and all the moving etc done with an already attached manager.

Yah, boo, yer granny sucks eggs!

Now that was nice and easy to take for a first response. :rotflmao:

The manager needs to be here in days. I doubt we could get the compensation sorted and all the moving etc done with an already attached manager.

Now that was nice and easy to take for a first response. :thumb04:

And yer ma chews grass :rotflmao:

Now that was nice and easy to take for a first response. ;)

And yer ma chews grass :rotflmao:

:thumb04:

Easy tiger or I could make a comment on what your chewing according to your avatar! :018: :lol:

P&J are saying Barry with Robbo his assistant. I would've thought the other way around myself...

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1036984

Interestingly no mention of Butcher in that article. Relevant?

It's probably more a case of the P&J not having clue what's going on. Strange that Guardian and Times can provide short-lists and serious hints that they know what kind of manager we're looking for, yet the P&J come out with this random trash.

Barry was on Sportsound tonight saying that it's too early for him to take the manager's post, but that he would be "very interested" if the new man wanted him on board in some capacity. He even went so far as to ponder how he would get out of his QoS contract.

P&J journalists spend far too much time in The Phoenix.

From the P&J story:

"A board meeting will be held today to determine the next course of action, but the Press and Journal understands guesses veteran winger Wilson, who was freed by Brewster earlier this month, is in the frame to make a surprise return to the Highlands might get the job."

I would have thought the other way round too. We're in no position to be giving a rookie manager his first job.

... I only hope we don't appoint Terry Butcher - his track record is not good and his man management skills have come into question in previous posts. However I do not care who they appoint as long as the can achieve retention of SPL status. Then at the end of the season we should go in pursuit new board members who will inject serious money and serious ambition into the club. It is no use aiming for 11th place each season. Bring back Alan Savage!

:rotflmao: Didn't see that one coming.

No, me neither. Dont rate him.

OSSY OUT NOW!

... I only hope we don't appoint Terry Butcher - his track record is not good and his man management skills have come into question in previous posts.

He sounds dire. Swapping one eejit for another.

BUTCHER MUST GO!!

Robertson's had his chance.

ROBBO, ROBBO GTF!!!

Edited by gordyfromsneck

It seems that every candidate put forth has been a bloke. Why not become the first team in the SPL to have a female boss? I would propose the manager of the England womens team. Quite highly regarded and has quite a good record IIRC. Just can't remember her name though.

It seems that every candidate put forth has been a bloke. Why not become the first team in the SPL to have a female boss? I would propose the manager of the England womens team. Quite highly regarded and has quite a good record IIRC. Just can't remember her name though.

LOL and I get accused of being PC.