FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Renegade's New Year Quiz

Renegade

I know we're into the new year now, but here's the first edition of Renegade's New Year Quiz. Try and answer these questions from your own knowledge only, and without cheating by looking up your answer before you put them up.

1. Maurice Malpas was linked before with ICT to be part of a managerial duo. Who was other candidate that would join Malpas in this management team?

2. When Butcher was sacked by Sydney FC, which well known player and current EPL manager was strongly linked to replace him?

3. Butcher once said, "Every manager in the league would love to have BLEEP, and I'm no exception." Who is BLEEP?

4. Which ICT player since 1994 has the best goal record compared to the number of appearances he made?

5. According Steve Paterson's book, he was signed for Yomiuri SC by German manager Rudi Gutendorf. What is interesting about Gutendorf's managerial record with international teams?

Post you answers now!

Edited by Renegade

1. Maurice Malpas was linked before with ICT to be part of a managerial duo. Who was other candidate that would join Malpas in this management team? Brown

2. When Butcher was sacked by Sydney FC, which well known player and current EPL manager was strongly linked to replace him? Fergie

3. Butcher once said, "Every manager in the league would love to have BLEEP, and I'm no exception." Who is BLEEP? Ross Tokely

4. Which ICT player since 1994 has the best goal record compared to the number of appearances he made? Wyness

5. According Steve Paterson's book, he was signed for Yomiuri SC by German manager Rudi Gutendorf. What is interesting about Gutendorf's managerial record with international teams? He's managed the most national teams of any manager

1. Maurice Malpas was linked before with ICT to be part of a managerial duo. Who was other candidate that would join Malpas in this management team? Craig Brown

2. When Butcher was sacked by Sydney FC, which well known player and current EPL manager was strongly linked to replace him? Zola

3. Butcher once said, "Every manager in the league would love to have BLEEP, and I'm no exception." Who is BLEEP?

Ross Tokely

4. Which ICT player since 1994 has the best goal record compared to the number of appearances he made?

Ian Stewart 53 goals from 83 appearances

5. According Steve Paterson's book, he was signed for Yomiuri SC by German manager Rudi Gutendorf. What is interesting about Gutendorf's managerial record with international teams?

Managed most number of international teams.

1. no idea - will go for Paul Hegarty

2. Gianfranco Zola

3. Kevin Muscat

4. Iain Stewart (82 in 144 games)

5. Managed most international teams - something like 18 !

Oh well, I was going to do this tomorrow, but since a few folk have done it now, here are the answers -

1. Maurice Malpas was linked before with ICT to be part of a managerial duo. Who was other candidate that would join Malpas in this management team?

Paul Hegarty

2. When Butcher was sacked by Sydney FC, which well known player and current EPL manager was strongly linked to replace him?

Gianfranco Zola. In the end Butcher was replaced by Branko Culina.

Former Rangers defender, Australia and current Melbourne Victory captain Kevin Muscat.

Iain Stewart - 56.94 goal ratio. I actually thought this was more difficult when I first put this up. I was thinking of a certain John MacDonald who played twice for ICT, scoring one goal (%1. Maurice Malpas was linked before with ICT to be part of a managerial duo. Who was other candidate that would join Malpas in this management team?

He has the record for the number of international teams with 18. They are Bermuda, Chile, Bolivia, Venezuela, Trinidad & Tobago, Grenada, Antigua & Barbuda, Botswana, Australia, New Caledonia, Fiji, Nepal, Tonga, Tanzania, Sao Tome & Principe, Ghana, Nepal (again), Fiji (again), China, Iran U-23, China (again), Zimbabwe, Mauritius, Rwanda and Samoa.

Edited by Renegade

Of those who took part -

Iamthecaptain1 - 2

thecaleyteenager - 2 (I'll generous and give you that one for giving two answers.)

Alex MacLeod - 1

Starchief - 0 :029:

Johnboy - 3

Scotty - 5 :022:

Well done Scotty, you are this weeks champion! I hope there was no cheating involved... :018:

Edited by Renegade

other than guessing at Craig Brown as part of the duo and then changing it to Paul Hegarty just after I posted as it made more sense, no, I knew the other answers :029:

I didn't notice the quiz in time

Same :025:

Renegade weekly quiz maybe?

Yeah c'mon Renegade why not?

Now that the police have decided no one should be travelling to football matches in these weather conditions, we've precious little else to talk about.

It's ok to go anywhere else of course, as long as it's not to a football match.

:P

That's a cracking shout!

Not just Renegade though.. Someone should put out a Quiz on Thursday or Friday and reveal the answers on the Sunday?

Also does it have to be a Football/ICT Related Quiz? Shove it in General Nonsense and can have questions on any subject.. Might get composing one now.

Edited by ICTFCkev

That's a cracking shout!

Not just Renegade though.. Someone should put out a Quiz on Thursday or Friday and reveal the answers on the Sunday?

Also does it have to be a Football/ICT Related Quiz? Shove it in General Nonsense and can have questions on any subject.. Might get composing one now.

We have no objections to that as we are always looking for ideas to keep the site fresh, dynamic, and ticking over, especially when we get spells like this where we have postponed games or when it comes to the close season.

Renegade's quiz was a good one and took a bit of thought for both the questions and answers .... but if anyone wants to post one in the relevant forums that are either non-ICT or part of general nonsense that is fine .... all we ask is that you try to keep it suitable for all age groups :tonguecheek: