FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Can you tire of watching this ?

12th Man

• 2 weeks later...

What great goals - at the start I thought, oh dear how many times it showed misses and not actually scoring a goal but then, oh the goals, and then more and more goals. How we wished for a goal from Dargo - how many games did he go before scoring (16 or 17? - it certainly seemed like it, but then he did, and scored umpteen). Many many thanks Dan_ICT - brought back so many good memories of happy times. Oh, I do hope these days return sometime soon, but... like countless others, I miss the days of Wilson, Rankin (especially for free kicks) etc etc.

Setting aside the old "never going back" argument. If you took all the ex-ict players who are still playing and put them together with some of the existing troop we'd have awesome team who, even with a few extra years under their belts, would still be a force to contend with.

Wouldn't do much in terms of building for the future, but as this is a "Good old days" thread I've ignored that point :001:

Like this?

Brown

Tokely Dods Munro Hastings

Cowie Rankin Black Robson

Wyness Niculae

:cry01: :cry01: :cry01:

With a bench consisting of.....

Esson

Wilson

Mann

Juanjo

Dargo

Probably a few others out there from the past who could still hold their own in the squad as well.

Like this?

Brown

Wyness Niculae

Esson

Wilson

Mann

Juanjo

Dargo

Probably a few others out there from the past who could still hold their own in the squad as well.

Look on the bright side, look at the fortune we have made moving these players on :blink:

Like this?

Brown

Wyness Niculae

Esson

Wilson

Mann

Juanjo

Dargo

I just made a mess everywhere!!!

Like this?

Brown

Wyness Niculae

:tonguecheek: :cry01: :cry01:

Esson

Wilson

Mann

Juanjo

Dargo

I just made a mess everywhere!!!

Not as big a mess as our board have made!

I'd have Dargo in for Wyness. Bit quicker and different to Niculae. And swap Rankin and Black over.

I'd have Brown. He was excellent for us. Wasn't perfect.

Not saying that Esson hasn't been a great signing. But for me, just have Brown in over him.

There were many great days in the time of the vid but the title of this thread got me really thinking. What were the good old days. For me they were fighting our way up through the leagues. The Pele era. A time when goals were scored. Admittedly, we conceded nearly as many. But those 3-2 and 4-3 games were so much more exciting.l As were the cup runs. Inverness were the real giant killers and we done that on a fairly frequent basis. These were the good old days. These were the days when commentators frequently used the word 'entertaining'.

Robbo took Pele's team to the SPL. I'm talking about the seasons before that. And I mean no disrespect to Robbo. Though I will say the second half of season 03/04 must have induced many near heart attacks. One week 1st, next 4th. Helicopters. Probably better than bungie jumping.