FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Jonathan Gould interview

Yngwie

There's an interview in the Sunday Times with the former Celtic keeper, who has now settled in New Zealand where he coaches.

When asked what the worst moment of his career was, he picked ICT's Feb 8th 2000 victory. "It still haunts me to this day." :P

You might think this was an obvious choice, but he rates it as being worse than a nightmare game for Halifax. "I wore a pink jersey and let in five goals, three from passbacks".

He also confirms his role in the Celtic dressing room bust up. "I then stepped in and told the manager he should be directing his anger at Eyal Berkovic because I didn't think he was pulling his weight, and John (Barnes) and I had a bitter exchange. We needed leadership and John didn't provide it, he was in a situation he hadn't the experience to handle".

But I guess he won't be flying back for the 10th anniversary event.

As an aside, John Barnes was declared bankrupt 3 months ago.

I think it was more of a non-payment of tax thing rather than him not having any money. But if he ever has to resort to begging on the streets, he'd do pretty well in Inverness. In fact, there's a slap up meal waiting for him at the Drumossie this Saturday.