FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

If County get to the cup final...

CELTIC1CALEY3

Ross County must have a great chance of beating Hibs - they hate travelling up the A9 because they rarely scored against ICT let alone scraped anything. Driving over the Kessock Bridge will be a trip to far and I expect County to triumph.

This season County look pretty formidable opponents at Victoria Park. So if they beat Hibs and draw Raith Rovers in the Semi and do not underestimate them, would thousands of ICT supporters get tickets for the final and support their top class neighbours?

Ross County must have a great chance of beating Hibs - they hate travelling up the A9 because they rarely scored against ICT let alone scraped anything. Driving over the Kessock Bridge will be a trip to far and I expect County to triumph.

This season County look pretty formidable opponents at Victoria Park. So if they beat Hibs and draw Raith Rovers in the Semi and do not underestimate them, would thousands of ICT supporters get tickets for the final and support their top class neighbours?

no

It's a very good question....

I'd love to see them get to the final, as it would clearly demonstrate that there is very little differnce in quality between the SPL and Div1.

Would I actually get a ticket to go and support them in the final?

Err, emm... No.

The great unwashed bretheren in Tinkwall must be rubbing their 6 digit hands in glee at the thought of Hibs coming to town a week tuesday, i have the feeling that they have had their chance at Easter road and Hibs will be more aware of how the tinks play.

I will go for hibs to win.. after defeat by us on saturday of course.

Assuming a Scottish Cup final between County and either half of the OF, what outcome would you ideally like to see?

No brainer, I'd want the tinks to win but I'd hate their fans gloating at me. It would be worth it as there's a lot more OF fans than them.

Good luck to C*unty and I hope they can go all they way. If they were to make the final then I could be tempted to a day out to go and support them.

They may be our biggest rivals, but I always feel there's a certain amount of "shared success" in seeing one or other of us doing well, especially in helping to overcome the "wee teams from the sticks" mentality that exists out there.

I would draw the line at them winning the league ahead of us though :tonguecheek:

Difficult call this one.

On one hand I would like to see them do well to prove to these snooty Central Belt fans that there is football elsewhere in Scotland. If they did go further in the cup and did well there would be no end of crowing and gloating from the Gadgies though.

On balance, yes, good luck to them but go to the final ? Nope.

I now can only see County beating Hibs as they have never travelled well to the highlands have they? As for them getting to the final well thats a difficult one. On one hand it would be a good advert for highland football on the other hand dont think I could bear the crowing fans and they could potentially get into europe. As for them gaining promotion well that would have real consequences for ICT financially and must not happen.

I believe the final is after our league business has closed so I could see no harm in it, but I thought Raith was further south? :(

Further south than what?

If County were to get to the final I'd go and support them.........................think I'm offshore then though.

If anyone on here really cares about ICT as much as they say they do, then it's time with these Scottish Cup games to put aside the silly petty rivalry stuff and hope County get through. Simple, the more games they play the more they'll be tired and chances are the more injuries they pick. For now, County's progression in the cup could be the catalyst that ends their league title hopes.

Delighted to see the Tinks take Hibs to a replay. Only upset that their replay isn't this week to put some more pain and another game in their legs before the game on Saturday.

Definitely wouldn't be travelling 3500 miles to watch them if they got to the final.

Very interesting thread this, especially as it appears at a time when there has never been more at stake between the two Highland clubs, given the current league situation!

I have never been in any doubt since before the two inner Moray Firth clubs were elected into the SFL in 1994 that the success of BOTH is important to the health of football in the Highlands. Obviously I wouldn't expect that view to be shared by diehards from either side of the water so I am pleasantly surprised to see a number of positive comments above.

I certainly remember on this site say, seven or eight years ago, when both clubs were also in the First Division, the anti County rhetoric was quite vitriolic. That seems to have moderated considerably this time round, despite the fact that both are in contention for promotion to the SPL over the next few weeks.

Yes, I think I would, why not. 'Supporting' a Highland team in a major cup final sounds like a good idea and a great day out.

I'm sure, if the boot was the other foot, some of their supporters would come and support us.

I believe the final is after our league business has closed so I could see no harm in it, but I thought Raith was further south? B)

Further south than what?

Than being our neighbours, where is the town of Raith anyway? B)

I realise the question is tongue in cheek but many many hundred years ago there was a settlement to the west of Kircaldy called Raith, which means Fort in some obscure language. In 596 AD the Angles came north and fought the Picts at the battle of Raith.

F*ck them, hope they get hammered 6-0 by the Hibees.

I'm drinking what he's drinking

Get to f*ck... I wouldn't dream of ever supporting them for any reason what so ever.

Pass me a glass of that as well, happy enough for the peg peddlers to get the draw and add to their congested fixture list but that is my limit. Hoping Hibs totally humiliate them in the replay, crippling as many of the tinsmiths as possible.