FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Raith Video Highlights

Hearach

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To keep all technical comments off of the original thread regarding the videoing of ICT matches, can you post your match comments that you have seen from the video in here please.

To keep all technical comments off of the original thread regarding the videoing of ICT matches, can you post your match comments that you have seen from the video in here please.

As metioned elsewhere, I would have said the Rooney foul was inside the box, though he is becoming quite adept at getting a wee bit more "air" when tackled. He did it in the second half.

Ody's goal was not as off-side as I thought. He was as even with the defender, as many others have been this season, but I have seen them given. His chip over was lovely and his finish superb. This is what he is good at; needs room to play.

Foran's second was a peach!

Agree with that Gordy. A penalty should have been given for the challenge on Rooney, Odihambo was not yards offside as people claimed and he could even just be onside!

What a noise from the crowd for Forans goal! :004:

I loved how Butcher hawls the sub goalie out the way to get in on the cuddle at the end.

Scotty, I think you should put a watermark of the club crest on the video somewhere.

Scotty, I think you should put a watermark of the club crest on the video somewhere.

noted. thanks

No problem. I just thought it would be a good way to stop people trying to pass it off as their own.

noted. thanks

No problem. I just thought it would be a good way to stop people trying to pass it off as their own.

It is.

To be honest, I didnt feel the need for any crest or copyright message going across the entire duration of the video (other than the copyright messages we are obliged to add for the SFL which we have placed at start and finish), but if I can create a small discreet graphic that does not detract from the overall video, it will not be a problem to add it over the footage.

Now that there are a number of videos up, I would also be interested to get some feedback in other areas regarding quality, format, graphics or anything else about them ......

I know some would like longer videos, but that is governed by the media agreement that states 3 minutes only. We cant really do anything about that.

I know some would like all incidents of note, but as you know we were not allowed to add the red card in the county match because one of the clauses is that "display of any footage of controversial incidents which may involve disciplinary action by match officials or the football authorities is strictly prohibited". However, I will ask the club to seek clarification as to whether it can be included now that the red card appeal was rejected. It may still not be allowed as Keddie will serve (has served) a ban for his red card and was therefore subject to disciplinary action by the match officials.

I was surprised at how steady the camera work was. It was really good quality and as i've said already, the sound was good. The cameraman did really well to follow foran after the fourth goal. With one camera its always going to be difficult to get everything but I think you got everything that mattered.

Why do hey only allow three minutes if they don't have their own highlights package? Is it to prevent boring highlights being published?

To be honest, I think the SFL have just been a little lazy and copied what the SPL do in terms of permission for highlights etc instead of looking at what fits with their own needs.

In the SPL it all has to do with giving clubs enough airtime that it can be useful, but not so much as it detracts from the value to other broadcasters who they charge for the privilege. As they don't have that issue in other leagues, it does come over as totally restrictive.

In saying that, 3 to 5 minutes is probably about right for online highlights as file sizes start to get hard to handle beyond that and you end up having to trade off too much in the quality department to make it work....not to mention sending our bandwidth costs through the roof for serving the files :lol:

Why do hey only allow three minutes if they don't have their own highlights package? Is it to prevent boring highlights being published?

not sure why 3 mins is the maximum, but I know the SPL have something similar in their media agreement too.

I am guessing that the SFL just worked on the same framework as the SPL and you find that both are restricted in terms of total footage allowed because at the time these agreements were originally written both had TV sponsorship in place. The SPL with Setanta and the SFL with terrestrial TV (Football First etc).

But .... look on the bright side ... 3 minutes and ICT working with fans to get that 3 minutes online on the official site is 3 minutes more than we used to get even on TV !!!

If we could push it to 5 it would be great, but I think Andy has managed to capture the feel of the game pretty well in his 3 minute reels .....

As Don says, its all a bit of a trade off ... the longer the file and the higher the quality, the bigger the filesize. The bigger the filesize, the more bandwidth you use and also, if someone has a slow or dodgy connection, the more buffering and/or problems they will suffer. I may try to push the bitrate (quality) up a little bit as Andy's files are higher quality than the finished product, but I have been trying to strike a happy medium between all these factors. Hopefully by the end of the season we will be at a place where we have it optimised for everyone :lol:

Any ideas what the strange goal celebration that Odhiambo & Foran ( i think) were doing; was all about?

No idea, but from watching the highlights I saw that Foran did it with Rooney too, after his goal. What a boy! a045.gif

I personally feel that the highlights are presented in exactly the format what I need to view - I have no sound on my work laptop (some sort of failure) but the visuals are great and I agree with the comment regarding steadiness of the camera work, it is excellent. In fact I feel that 3 minutes is just about right, enough to whet the appetite.

As the IT kill-joys at work find more and more things to ban access to, and streaming video was first to go, I was surprised I was able to access these highlights when I cannot even get news clips off the BBC, so I am delighted that whichever way these are being presented means I am able to access whenever it is convenient for me and not just when I am at home (where I spend almost no time on the computer now). I couldn't originally access the flash file but could the wmv, but I see I can get both now.

Good job chaps - keep it up!

Excellent resource. I love being able to see the highlights. Love it. Thanks to all involved, and well done the club and volunteers for doing this. It is a fantastic thing for the website, and the quality is excellent. (much doffing of cap....)

I think the highlights are excellent, well produced clear and the atmosphere at the Raith game was GREAT!!

any chance of numbers against squad, I know most but it would help, just a suggestion!!

Once again congrats, great innovation