FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Pitch Invasion Repercussions

Kyisback

The 2 pitch invasions during the Ayr game, have been included in the referees report both clubs may now be punished by the SFA's disciplinary committee.

Normally in these circumstances, a copy of the referee's report is sent to the clubs involved and their comments invited.

The clubs have 14 days to respond and the matter will then be dealt with by the disciplinary committee at the next meeting

Edited by Yngwie

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 2 pitch invasions during the game, have been included in the referees report both clubs may now be punished by the SFA's disciplinary committee.

Normally in these circumstances, a copy of the referee's report is sent to the clubs involved and their comments invited.

The clubs have 14 days to respond and the matter will then be dealt with by the disciplinary committee at the next meeting

ffs if that's true it's ridiculous.. just the SFL trying to coin in

and people wonder why clubs in Scotland struggle financially

There shouldn't be fans on the pitch during a match under any circumstances so some sort of punishment would seem predictable. Seems harsh to punish Ayr though as there wasn't much they could have done to predict/prevent this.

The 2 pitch invasions during the game, have been included in the referees report both clubs may now be punished by the SFA's disciplinary committee.

Kyisback,

Can I ask where you got this information from? There is nothing on the SFA or SFL sites, or in any media that I can find.

I have a feeling that we'll get no more than a slap on the wrists for Ayr, however, I fear that if it's repeated on Saturday then we could very well find ourselves with a fine and police/stewards may be forced to cart people off to show that they are not condoning/sanctioning such behaviour.....and we all know how the police/courts like to make an example when dealing with football related incidents.

Again, I urge people not to do anything that will spoil the day for themselves or anyone else....save it for full time.

From the lips of Terry Butcher at Ayr last week.....

"Let's show Scottish Football that we can behave in the right way and let's show the world we can celebrate the right way"

Aye, at the end of the game though, not during it.

What would have happened if a player had tripped over during the intrusions and dewsburydude fell on him, we could have had a funeral on our hands.

All said, it was a harmless bit of fun, but they may still take a dim view of it just in case someone got injured.

This is where governing bodies need to learn to put things in perspective...

We were as good as gold for 5 goals but to take into consideration the way we have won promotion and the manner of the victory it was obvious there was going to be a reaction..

Pitch was cleared on both occasions in less than 1 minute... I'd also argue that the majority of the fans weren't on the pitch but just behind the byline.

Davie, phone the SFA, they are awfy helpfull, even if they do put you on hold forever!

Got to agree with CaleyD and man4thejob we simply can't invade the pitch until after the full time whistle, even after the 5th goal goes in against Dundee

Considering neither the Stewards or the Local Constabulary got worked up about this, the correct response from the beaks should be - "Gonnae no do that again"

Given this is Scottish Football, I can't rule out a 71 point deduction for each invasion.

From speaking to Jimmy Falconer yesterday I believe this to be correct and ICT are bracing themselves for a fine. More pitch invasions this Saturday and the powers that be are likely to be throwing the book at them. So don't do it.

Police and stewards in Inverness are likely to be more prepared than their counterparts in Ayr were. If fans do come onto the pitch they will probably grab some of them who could easily find themselves ejected from the stadium (at best) and possibly banned from returning. Even if they don't get a hold of you straight away, there will be photos galore of the offenders all over the web and the club might act later.

Maybe you think I'm scare-mongering but this advice comes from years working with the Supporters Trust and seeing the difficulties fans get into when they either break the law of the land or the rules that apply to football stadia. In some cases, they have been put through absolute hell. Don't let it happen to you on what should be such a great day.

From speaking to Jimmy Falconer yesterday I believe this to be correct and ICT are bracing themselves for a fine. More pitch invasions this Saturday and the powers that be are likely to be throwing the book at them. So don't do it.

Police and stewards in Inverness are likely to be more prepared than their counterparts in Ayr were. If fans do come onto the pitch they will probably grab some of them who could easily find themselves ejected from the stadium (at best) and possibly banned from returning. Even if they don't get a hold of you straight away, there will be photos galore of the offenders all over the web and the club might act later.

Maybe you think I'm scare-mongering but this advice comes from years working with the Supporters Trust and seeing the difficulties fans get into when they either break the law of the land or the rules that apply to football stadia. In some cases, they have been put through absolute hell. Don't let it happen to you on what should be such a great day.

So an organised 'pitch invasion' then?? :blink:

I think everyone realisies the militance of the stewards at TCS so no one will be looking to jump the walls before full time, it was a reaction to the circumstances at the time when we were at Ayr.... yes there were chants of storming the pitch but that was in reference to after the match not during it...

Aye, at the end of the game though, not during it.

What would have happened if a player had tripped over during the intrusions and dewsburydude fell on him, we could have had a funeral on our hands.

All said, it was a harmless bit of fun, but they may still take a dim view of it just in case someone got injured.

I love it when I actually LOL!

Feck them , get on the pitch . Its our Championship winning party ffs .

After the final whistle will not likely be a problem but during the game will have repercussions for the club given that we did it at Ayr too. Not sure if we will be fined for Ayr or not, but if we do it two weeks in a row I think a fine is guaranteed !!!

This is where governing bodies need to learn to put things in perspective... We were as good as gold for 5 goals but to take into consideration the way we have won promotion and the manner of the victory it was obvious there was going to be a reaction.. Pitch was cleared on both occasions in less than 1 minute... I'd also argue that the majority of the fans weren't on the pitch but just behind the byline.

Agree with what you say Chibber, but bottom line is that this is the SFA/SFL you are dealing with we all know that perspective is not something that is in the dictionary most times. Stay off the pitch until the game has ended (this time).

I think a fine would be a tad harsh, for Ayr but if we do it again this week then we deserve it.

For those thinking of doing it without considering the consequences think on this .... Even the most basic level of SFA fine could be the difference between offering one of our decent younger players a contract or not. We may be going back up to the SPL but that doesnt mean we have rakes of cash to throw about in consequence for others' actions. I said last week I would probably have been on the park at Ayr myself - and I would - but this week, we have to stay off it until the end.

This is THE single most important post in this thread. Saturday is all about partying, whether you are at the TCS or somewhere else in the UK or over the globe. A wee pitch invasion may seem like "a good idea at the time" but please heed the warning above and the rumblings coming from the club that there could be consequences both for the club and the individuals .... Football Banning Orders are horrible things and I dont agree with them for anything but those cases where there is no option but up until now they have been handed out willy nilly whenever a supporter ends up in court for anything football related ... dont let yourself be excluded from SPL football for a quick 30 seconds on the pitch. wait until after the game for anything like this.

So an organised 'pitch invasion' then?? :blink:

I think everyone realisies the militance of the stewards at TCS so no one will be looking to jump the walls before full time, it was a reaction to the circumstances at the time when we were at Ayr.... yes there were chants of storming the pitch but that was in reference to after the match not during it...

Actually, I think you will find that the stewards will be trying to allow people to party and the club will be doing the same BUT any incursion onto the pitch during the game will have consequences.

I dont have anything official - and I dont know if we will or not - but I get the feeling that the club may view a post-match mini-invasion as inevitable but they hope to get it cleared up quickly so the trophy can be presented to the team on the pitch.

Lets heed the words of TB and show everyone we know how to behave and once the match is all over, how to party !!!!!

Following on from your post Scotty (too long to quote) I was speaking to someone yesterday who works as a steward at TCS and her man is Head Steward on Saturday. From what I've been told anyone who goes on the pitch DURING the game will be dealt with severly but they are more than happy to let people onto the pitch at the final whistle.

I don't understand why ICT should be fined. It wasn't their fault people ran on the pitch. If it was a home game I would understand as it's their responsobility to put the stewards in place and at Somerset it is Ayr's responsobility to put them in place. But what could ICT done to stop it?

I don't understand why ICT should be fined. It wasn't their fault people ran on the pitch. If it was a home game I would understand as it's their responsobility to put the stewards in place and at Somerset it is Ayr's responsobility to put them in place. But what could ICT done to stop it?

It's ICT's fans though. If Rangers invade the pitch next season during a game I don't think we would like to be fined.

Yes I understand that, but I jsut don't agree with clubs being fined for supporters merely trodding on the pitch. As a club they couldn't have done anything to stop it, yet they could still be punished for it.

Clubs are generally held responsible for the actions of their fans. Whether we agree with it or not, it's probably the easiest way to try and ensure order. If the home team were fully responsible then you'd have away fans doing things to get them fined right left and centre at every game.....but the thought/realisation that their actions fall back on their own club is more likely to make them think twice.

The home club gets sanctioned (warning, fine or whatever) because it is their stadium and they are responsible for crowd control

The away club gets sanctioned (if its their fans who do something) because they are regarded as being held accountable for the actions of their support.

In my mind, neither option is correct as the clubs should not be held accountable for the actions of individuals but as the SFL/SFA cannot fine us as individuals, they do it to the club so the 'trickle-down effect' means everyone gets more harsh stewarding or less freedoms within the stadium. Its also a double-dunter nowadays because if the fan also gets arrested they are more than likely to get nailed with a FBO which may or may not be deserved !!!!

The supporters are part of the club so as a club, we could have not gone on the pitch. There is no other way for the SFL to punish the supporters that did it. Too many to throw out so this is all they can do is it not? They surely can't just let it go because what's to stop supporters of other clubs doing it whenever they want?

Rule z74.1 section triangle : Supporters can invade the picth during a game as long as there team have a lead of five clear goals. Four or less is punishable with a fine.