FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

if we get into Europe

Feb82000

I used to think we could get into Europe when we were in the first division. The topic thread is IF we get into Europe, i don't think anyone is taking this too seriously and as someone has mentioned its a bit of fun and something to look forward to. Until that day when we get knocked out of the Scottish Cup i'm always hopeful we'll be off to Latvia for an early season starter. Why not look towards these things? Yes avoiding relegation is priority but has no one else got that feeling that this team is very special? I think this is the best ICT team ever and if luck goes our way then who knows. If Queens and Gretna can have a shot in Europe so can we!

Edited by ICTPAISLEY

This is the access list for 10/11.

Unfortunately Scotland have dropped down to 16th place for the 11/12 European season. Any mention of this in the Scottish media has generally been referred to in terms of Scotland "losing a Champions League place". I just assumed, naively, that this meant we would be compensated with an extra Europa League slot. The list linked above suggests that this is not the case, and indeed, that finishing in 4th place in the SPL does not guarantee a European spot.

As i've said earlier in the thread, i don't see us as potential challengers for a European spot (getting to the cup final remains our best chance IMO), but for those who do, it's 3rd spot we're aiming for.

Edited by Caley Stan

There is also access via the fair play league. Highest ranking 4 fair play countries, then the best fair play team in that league gains access to Europa league. If the best fair play team has already qualified, then it is passed onto the next best fair play team until it is a team that hasnt qualified for europe automatically. As far as I know ICT are currently winning this just ahead of Motherwell in the fair play league in Scotland. Worked out by numberas of bookings and sendings off in the league over the entire season.

There is also access via the fair play league. Highest ranking 4 fair play countries, then the best fair play team in that league gains access to Europa league. If the best fair play team has already qualified, then it is passed onto the next best fair play team until it is a team that hasnt qualified for europe automatically. As far as I know ICT are currently winning this just ahead of Motherwell in the fair play league in Scotland. Worked out by numberas of bookings and sendings off in the league over the entire season.

It would be truly astonishing if a team containing Ross Tokely and Richie Foran finished anywhere near the top of the fair play league.

It would be truly astonishing if a team containing Ross Tokely and Richie Foran finished anywhere near the top of the fair play league.

Well at the moment its true. League here

The Eurovision Song Contest 2011 will be the 56th annual Eurovision Song Contest. It will take place in D?sseldorf, Germany, following the country's winning of the 2010 Contest with Lena Meyer-Landrut's song "Satellite". The dates set for the two semi-finals are 10 May and 12 May 2011, with the final planned for the evening of 14 May 2011.[2] So far twenty-nine countries have confirmed their participation in the contest, including a return by Austria, which last participated in 2007. There is also a wild card entry from Scotland in the guise of Inverness Caledonian Thistle FC - the chosen song entry is rumoured to be "Father and Son" by IHE and the Brechins.

This is the access list for 10/11.

Unfortunately Scotland have dropped down to 16th place for the 11/12 European season. Any mention of this in the Scottish media has generally been referred to in terms of Scotland "losing a Champions League place". I just assumed, naively, that this meant we would be compensated with an extra Europa League slot. The list linked above suggests that this is not the case, and indeed, that finishing in 4th place in the SPL does not guarantee a European spot.

As i've said earlier in the thread, i don't see us as potential challengers for a European spot (getting to the cup final remains our best chance IMO), but for those who do, it's 3rd spot we're aiming for.

'loseing a CL place' may mean that 2nd place enters the comp at an earlier stage I can only recall 2 of our teams entering the CL so we havent actually lost a team entering the CL.

The link suggests that 1st pl enters the group stages of the champions league, 2nd joins the CL at an earlier stage and lists the cup winners and 3rd and 4th pl in uefa, what happens IF the cup is won by position 1,2,3,or 4 then shouldnt the slot go to position no 5 ?(this kept county out of europe) as for fairplay there are teams that have been highlighted so have the countries for the fairplay positions already been selected?

12th man, unfortunately this is the listings for this current season. With the Scottish clubs performances over the last couple of years we have cement blocks for shoes as far as our ranking is concerned for next season ( 2011/2012 ). Think we are now 16th, so 1 champions league qualifying round with the rest going into Europa league. Fair play is only worked out after the seasons leagues are finished. So it will be extra extra extrordinary if we were to qualify by league position. However Livi did do this via league placing one year, so its never beyond the bounds of possibility, and this seasons team certainly has probably the most potential we have ever had at this level

I'm sure I seen somewhere that because Scotland is ranked 16th there will only be one CL place next year and that will go to the league champions who will then enter the comp at qualifying second round. I think theres also a possible five Europa places. One for cup winners, one for each of 2nd to 4th and a possible fairplay spot.

• Disagree 1

As the OP said, IF we get into the UEFA, I'd like somewhere reasonably warm/ civilised/ easy to get to. That means Spain, Italy or Southern France. Pick yer team, I'll drink the wine from any of these places.

As the OP said, IF we get into the UEFA, I'd like somewhere reasonably warm/ civilised/ easy to get to. That means Spain, Italy or Southern France. Pick yer team, I'll drink the wine from any of these places.

Being as that the first qualifying is usually in July I'd be quite happy with a wee trip to Ireland.

I e-mailed BBC Sport this afternoon to request that they update the lines on the SPL table to reflect the fact that we have lost a European place. They were very prompt.

Thats a bit of a bummer really but if one of the top 3 teams win the scottish cup then they should hopefully allocate the extra slot to position 4

with Denmark being in 16 place as mentioned earlier.

this years entrants are as follows

Qualifying round 1 Randers fc(fairplay)

Q rd 2 Brondby

Q rd 3 FC Nordsjaelland (cup winner)

Q rd 3 Odenese bk

Champions league

Q rd 3 Fc Kobenhavn.

With it being even more difficult to get into Europe next year at least we can put the thought to bed for now and focus on a possible top 6 finish.

I e-mailed BBC Sport this afternoon to request that they update the lines on the SPL table to reflect the fact that we have lost a European place. They were very prompt.

Thats a bit of a bummer really but if one of the top 3 teams win the scottish cup then they should hopefully allocate the extra slot to position 4

Q rd 2 Brondby

Q rd 3 Odenese bk

Champions league

Q rd 3 Fc Kobenhavn.

With it being even more difficult to get into Europe next year at least we can put the thought to bed for now and focus on a possible top 6 finish.

Doesn't the Scottish cup slot go to runner up if winner already included

Q rd 2 Brondby

Q rd 3 Odenese bk

Champions league

Q rd 3 Fc Kobenhavn.

Think they changed that rule Alex as they didnt want county fans venturing into Europe, just incase it started a pandemic, so it was deemed safer to give it to the next leage position,

Edited by 12th Man

Q rd 2 Brondby

Q rd 3 Odenese bk

Champions league

Q rd 3 Fc Kobenhavn.

yes, unless the other finalist has a top 3 slot aswell then it would go to 4th