FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Social Club to close

DALNEIGHCALEY

I heard a different slant on that. The building will be sold to a person, who I wont name, It will then be rented back and kept on as ICT Social Club. The current owners of the building will get a lump sum of cash up front and will pay rent to the new owner. The new owner will then be responsible for the upkeep of the building.

I heard a different slant on that. The building will be sold to a person, who I wont name, It will then be rented back and kept on as ICT Social Club. The current owners of the building will get a lump sum of cash up front and will pay rent to the new owner. The new owner will then be responsible for the upkeep of the building.

Is it a person or is it a charitable trust?

• Disagree 1

moving this back to the main forum as I have it from a trusty source that this story will feature in the Courier on Friday and elsewhere as well ...... more details will emerge thre I am sure.

Radio Scotland this morning claims its Vice chairman Graham Bennett that is attempting to buy the club and lease it back to ICT, price supposed to be in the region of ?250k, no comment from anyone at ICT at this time.

Why? unless he keeps it open for a while then flatens it to make flats.

Radio Scotland this morning claims its Vice chairman Graham Bennett that is attempting to buy the club and lease it back to ICT, price supposed to be in the region of ?250k, no comment from anyone at ICT at this time.

Provided its kept as its current use and provided there's a decent membership using the place then I think it could be a good bit of business all round. The seller gets some much needed cash and the buyer gets the rent.

Provided its kept as its current use and provided there's a decent membership using the place then I think it could be a good bit of business all round. The seller gets some much needed cash and the buyer gets the rent.

The only debt ICT have is what's owed to a couple of Directors (about ?150k I think). Other than that, we may be struggling a bit in terms of cash in the bank, but I don't think it's so desperate that we should be looking to sell off the one remaining asset the club has. Giving up a stable, long term income in order to put a few quid in the bank is NOT good business sense.

If the club feel that they need the relatively small lump sum in the short term and can survive without the longer term income, then it would make more sense to just borrow against the asset and use the income that was coming from it to service the debt. Or, why not offer to sell it to the fans? Such a transaction could be accommodated via someone like the Supporters Trust or even the current members organisation of the Social Club itself....at least the profits would find their way back into the ICT "circle" and not into the hands of a private profiteer.

Ive always seen the club as a gathering place for the "old skool" and ive always been made to feel rather uncomfortable when entering to buy tix for their bus etc...so close it i say!

Really? Only started going regularly pre-match last season and found absolutely no problems, one of the few places in Inverness that is full of ICT fans and it's a good focal point for away fans too.

Would be an absolute shame for it to disappear although it sounds like efforts are being made to ensure this doesn't happen. I know it is open to non members on matchdays but perhaps they need to get a bit smarter about how to get people through the door? Maybe if every season ticket holder automatically became a Social Club member as part of purchasing a season ticket it would encourage people to use it on a more regular basis through the week?

• Agree 2

No idea about the commercial merits of this decision as I am unaware of the financial detail.

All I will say is that it is not good coporate practice to do "internal" deals without ensuring that all avenues have been explored. It may well be that the rumoured deal is best for everyone but, for the avoidance of any doubt it would be best practice to test the market or at least explain how the decision has been reached.

That said, can't remember the last time I was there!

• Agree 1

I've always enjoyed my visits to the Social Club - the staff are welcoming and the prices are top class. I do think, however, that the Social Club does not have a high enough profile - ie how many ICT fans even know about the Social Club, where it is, what facilities there are for parties etc., A wee bit of advertising would not go amiss - even in the matchday programme, for example. I would hate for the Social Club to close but lots more could be done to encourage punters through the door. If away fans can find it and partake of the low prices, why can't locals?

Only ever ventured in once. Kinda the wrong direction from the new ground. Maybe turn the innes in to a caley club in 2011?

Caley Club is good for before games. The drink and food is cheap, has tv's showing sky/espn games and has a bus taking you to and back from the game.

A bit more advertising would be better though! They have got better with letting in non members in on match days as well.

The bus to the stadium from the Caley club leaves too early on matchdays, its off at 2.15 -2.20 and for some reason arrives too late to get a beer at the stadium bar! i'll stick to the Innes (for now) and get to TCS for a healthy 2.55.

The caley club has seen some great times after big games & results, most memorable for me was after we won the first div and Robbo came in with the team and trophy!

what a great night!

Whats the deal with Matchdays in the Sociaal Club? Can anyone go in and have a beer etc. The reason i ask is...im planning taking my boy to his first game soon, and getting a bus form the social club before and after the game would be ideal for his mum to drop him off to me and collect him after. How much is the bus?

Whats the deal with Matchdays in the Sociaal Club? Can anyone go in and have a beer etc. The reason i ask is...im planning taking my boy to his first game soon, and getting a bus form the social club before and after the game would be ideal for his mum to drop him off to me and collect him after. How much is the bus?

Yes you can get in with your boy. Get bus ticket from doorman. Last season it was ?2 for return journey.