FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

How far will you go

Tug

with the prospect of a ten team league a possibility just wondering how far people would be prepared to go in protest....

personally i am having a good think about getting a season ticket next year and as it stands this is not helping things. i may still go to the odd game but it is looking less likely that i will be prepared to spend ?300+ when we have a one in four chance of relegation.(i know these arent the actual odds but one team out of every four will go down)

im not sure i want to spend that much money on something that may well be well out with our control as a club which annoys me as i want to support them but im starting to feel that its going to be harder to do this

:ictscarf:

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

I hope a way can be found to protest without hiting our own club in its already poor pockets. I really feel that the club has been doing its best to stand up and be counted and doesnt deserve to be the one that suffers.

Couldn't agree more that ICT have stood up and don't deserve to suffer, but how do you protest otherwise with bums on seats? Surveys and opinion polls blatantly aren't considered.

Argurably the 'stay away protest' has been happening over the last few years with the decline in attendances but I think it's been too gradual for it to be considered as such. The reasons for people not attending en masse any more are more varied that simply protesting. I said in another thread I'd have to seriously think about whether I want to continue to spend my free time and disposable income on football and that decision includes my season ticket but I'll make a decision on that once the dust settles.

Possibly a more effective protest would be for the supporters clubs/trusts across the country to organise 'NO TO 10 TEAM SPL' banners to be displayed in the stands or even something like a mass walk out or late turn up, perhaps after half time, which all clubs/trusts agree to as a day of action. Not everyone would walk out or turn up late but hopefully enough numbers to make the point would and send a message out.

• Agree 1

Alternatively start a dirty protest campaign for everyone to photograph their daily movements and email the pictures to Mssrs Peat and Doncaster. It'll cause them all sorts of problems with their mail server I believe. I might run with that one, where do I get their email addresses from.

Gentlemen, Please!

To stop the stream of income flowing into the club when the club's top officials, e.g Mr George Fraser and Mr T. Butcher, are making waves and putting their comments where their mouth is, would be extremely unfair to them and counter-productive to the health of the club. So long as you pay your entrance fee to allow the club to survive you will be doing the right thing. After that, any legal protest you want to organise is perfect.

Here is another thought for you to mull over ---if the fans of Caley Thistle withdraw their financial support then you will simply play into the hands of the people in Scottish Football who tried to stop the club from progressing from the lower leagues into the Spl and may still have that as a hidden agenda. Why? Maybe they hate to travel North and get beaten for their pains by what they would still like to see as a Highland League outfit.

And I, for one,would put nothing past them....!!

These rotten sods tried every negative dirty trick in the book to put Caley Thistle down and deserve a kick up the backside for it which , of course, is what ICT did to them by makiing such phenomenal progress as they have done to date--giving these characters the finger in no uncertain way.

Neil Doncaster has recently taken over his new job and obviously is going to toe the party line at this time so don't be too hard on him yet. If, for example, Terry Butcher had applied for the job, the SFA or whoever hired him would not have hired Terry because he thinks for himself and is one of independent thought --which is the last thing that these guys need or want at this or any other time.

So does Doncaster have any choice at this time, folks? Come on!Of course not! He is clever with words but he is NOT a challenge to the established forces around him. Let's face it, any Executive who takes on his job with the attitude of these jerks all around him has a sorry road to travel at best.

And he was not hired to try to Doncastrate them.

With friends like these "top" officials in power, who needs enemies.He comes in at the right time for genuine change but the wrong time for him. I see him as a survivor though......able to bend with the prevailing wind.

• Agree 1

I would always support ICT by buying my season ticket. I don't want the team to suffer. It is abundantly clear that what the fans want doesn't matter to the powers that be so I just don't know what can be done to make them change their minds. But if someone comes up with a good idea that is legal and might work I would be up for that. Cmon Inverness.

I hope a way can be found to protest without hiting our own club in its already poor pockets. I really feel that the club has been doing its best to stand up and be counted and doesnt deserve to be the one that suffers.

Couldn't agree more that ICT have stood up and don't deserve to suffer, but how do you protest otherwise with bums on seats? Surveys and opinion polls blatantly aren't considered.

Argurably the 'stay away protest' has been happening over the last few years with the decline in attendances but I think it's been too gradual for it to be considered as such. The reasons for people not attending en masse any more are more varied that simply protesting. I said in another thread I'd have to seriously think about whether I want to continue to spend my free time and disposable income on football and that decision includes my season ticket but I'll make a decision on that once the dust settles.

Possibly a more effective protest would be for the supporters clubs/trusts across the country to organise 'NO TO 10 TEAM SPL' banners to be displayed in the stands or even something like a mass walk out or late turn up, perhaps after half time, which all clubs/trusts agree to as a day of action. Not everyone would walk out or turn up late but hopefully enough numbers to make the point would and send a message out.

All the more reason for more people to come out and support ICT Supporters Trust, there never was a better time to show your support than now and it is only £10 and the Trust does lot's and lot's within and without the club.

Edited by ed waiter