FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

St Johnstone Game

madsooz

nail on the head with your first two words ... "nice gesture". Bottom line is that is exactly what it is ... a gesture. The club are not obliged to do anything as the postponement was weather related so anything they do in fact offer is a goodwill gesture with the cost coming straight out of the club's pocket.

Our current chairman regularly reads these boards, and has done for years so he will have seen and acted upon the collective comments made about travel, costs and such like for both sets of fans as well as comments that came directly into the club no doubt. He didnt have to do it, but knowing that he is fan-focused, it does not surprise me that he did corral the other board members and act quickly.

The club will never satisfy every scenario, and if you have a season ticket, then this is one of the occasions where you may be on the losing end .... it happens ... and its happened for years where matches get moved for TV, or where gate prices get reduced for end of season games or all manner of other things ... and to play devil's advocate for a minute, it has to be said that when most season book holders buy their ticket in Jun/Jul most cannot say that they will make it to each and every match, or that each and every match will take place on the day printed on the fixture list .... but over the course of a season a STH will still make a saving over the cost of buying a ticket to each match at full cost ........ its the nature of the beast.

I understand the frustration, it happened to me at ICT in the past, (and it happened to me at Toronto FC twice during this past season where games were abandoned due to weather and rescheduled ... in one case for months later and the other time it was played the morning after the abandonment at 10AM on a work day with a crowd of 500 instead of 20,000), but at the end of the day, its a business, and by the club reducing prices they are also cutting their gate in half (at least) so as a gesture, its a pretty substantial one for a club thats got little money !!!

Nice gesture for those who bought individual tickets but what about season ticket holders who may be unable to make the re-arranged date making their vouchers worthless?

Considering we dont have any pre organised midweek home league fixtures, us season ticket holders dont have it that bad this season regarding getting to TCS midweek, theres one after the split but we still dont know if its home or away.

Nice gesture for those who bought individual tickets but what about season ticket holders who may be unable to make the re-arranged date making their vouchers worthless?

Season tickets holders already had an offer for this game to bring a friend for a fiver and this offer still exists. All tickets already purchased at this price are still valid and tickets can still be purchased at £5.

I have a season ticket and like my seat as well as the priority I get for other cup games and as a fan I am delighted that the club have made this gesture, especially for the travelling support who were already either in Inverness or very close

• Agree 1