FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

That club from Dingwall

Dmacca

County had hilarious squads around 2002-2005. They outbid us on several players, I remember them pulling Jim Hamilton out from under us, the dastardly lot!

And Steven McGarry. Though he did at least score a wonder goal against us in Inverness.

Congrats where its due, I'm sure they will be a better addition that Dunfermilne have been this year. Should be good to get some derbies in the SPL, maybe even get some good money from Sky for them.

Best of all though its going to really pi$$ off the west coast clubs having to travel up to Aberdeen, Inverness and now Dingwallio - I assume Lennon will be bleating about it soon haha

This is thoroughly deserved. County have been the best team in D1 by a country mile.

You are right Charles. But a word of warning. If I ever turn on the radio and hear you use the word "fairytale" (like your BBC colleagues felt obliged to do every single time they talked about Gretna) I will get in my car, find you at whatever ground you are at, and stick your microphone into that unpleasant stinking place where where the sun don't shine. And I don't mean Dingwall.

• Agree 9

This is thoroughly deserved. County have been the best team in D1 by a country mile.

You are right Charles. But a word of warning. If I ever turn on the radio and hear you use the word "fairytale" (like your BBC colleagues felt obliged to do every single time they talked about Gretna) I will get in my car, find you at whatever ground you are at, and stick your microphone into that unpleasant stinking place where where the sun don't shine. And I don't mean Dingwall.

I may do it just once.... especially for you!! :twothumbsup:

As the OP says, they deserve credit where it's due. Winning that division is no easy feat (as we know) but they are about to find that staying out of it is a whole lot harder. I'm personally rubbin ma wee hands at the prospect of winding up the gadgies in the mallard before skelping them at Viccy Park. I'm looking forward to seeing how the OF react to Dingwall, Wimpy and all. I'm looking forward to seeing if they upgrade the "vengabus" (rich club solution that one) I'm looking forward to going to an away game that doesn't involve a hundred miles minimum on a bus to some identikit central belt sh*tehole. I'm looking forward to increased income for ICT and increased interest (even of the curiosity kind) from Sky.What's not to like?

• Agree 3

Ive had a sign priced by Acorn saying " ICT welcomes County to the SPL...and the 12 points a season that comes with them". I thought about pinning it near the bridge somewhere. £100. Any contributors?

hmmm nope...thats just setting us up for a massive egg on face moment

• Agree 1

Ive had a sign priced by Acorn saying " ICT welcomes County to the SPL...and the 12 points a season that comes with them". I thought about pinning it near the bridge somewhere. £100. Any contributors?

That's just daft! We'll be top 6 and they will be bottom 6. So we'll get 9 points off them. :whistle::ninja:

• Agree 1

This has got to be good for the region. Lets hope Elgin City will be next, The fans of the local clubs deserve the benfits of reduced travel.

I find it hard to believe though that a team from a small town like Dingwall has overpowered the big boy like Dundee , Falkirk, Hamilton, Partick, Raith, I find it really hard to understand, I really do.

I find it hard to believe though that a team from a small town like Dingwall has overpowered the big boy like Dundee , Falkirk, Hamilton, Partick, Raith, I find it really hard to understand, I really do.

The Lowland media seem to be saying this as well Laurence. But the clue is in the name. Ross County represent the whole of Ross-Shire. It is sparcely populated but probably the population of a large town such as Falkirk. There are so many teams clustered down in the Lowlands and up here there only 2 professional teams. Roy McGregor became Chairman in 1996 and has ploughed a significant amount of cash in. McGregor has made his money from oil - and there's plenty of that off the cost of Ross-shire. He is an excellent chairman IMHO and unlike many clubs down in the Lowlands, County have a real community spirit about them.

For many years, County have been organising training camps all over the Highland and Islands for school children. I know someone from Barra who supports County. Why? Because as a school kid County went to Barra and did a training camp. So, in a nut shell, Dingwall may be a small town, but the club are extremely well run.

Edited by CapitalCaley
  • Agree 1

** does anyone wish to enlighten Laurence in regard to the historical "issues **

Have you been on that strong Lancashire beer again immortal. I am too old to wory about historical issues.

All that matters is the present - and the future will look after itself - ( George Harrison. )

• Agree 1

This has got to be good for the region. Lets hope Elgin City will be next, The fans of the local clubs deserve the benfits of reduced travel.

I understand!

Answer = £££££

No county players actually stay in Dungwell, they are well enough paid to afford property in a nearby city.

The past is never dead, it is not even past. ~William Faulkner

Was that not Jimmy Faulkner IHE?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good feckin spot

The past is past, don,t wollow in it

Lets look to the future

lots of exciiting derby games

Aye good point - as long as it is fer one season only - You coming back olde yin ?