FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for first pre season game

In November we were bottom of the league staring at relegation. The usual `injuries` story & the team not getting the chance to gel, etc.

A few loan signings & return of a few injured players & we managed to piece together a run of results to get us up & safe.

I dont think the manager had a chance last year to get things moving.

Now he has got another chance to sign another `dirty dozen` or so.

Maybe in November this year we`ll be nestling nicely in the top six.

I`m looking forward more optimisticly than most to the re building of the team & to give the manager my support.

Totally agree

But await the 'vomiting rainbows'

We have an interesting couple months ahead of us let's see how it unfolds before making judgements about next season. I have faith terry and mo have a plan

• 3 weeks later...

Heres the team according to the Buckie Thistle twitter account which will be giving updates throughout the game.

Esson. raven. watson. pepper. warren. j meekings. sutherland. foran. mckay. a shinnie and doran

subs reguero. shinnie. draper. ross. oswell. laing. polworth. cooper. buchan. whyte

http://www.twitter.com/buckiethistlefc

Well the old adage is that any new manager needs 3-4 years to make any significant process and should not be judged until that period is over. TB evidently initially inherited a struggling side and had to endure a year in the SFL. Whatever is said he did remarkable to help get us back in a year and no truthful away traveller could argue with the joy derived from that 12 months undefeated run. And they say that such a manager clears out a squad until it is their chosen team/squad, irrespective of what that process entails. And they say that good managers employ a system and back ups to encase the chosen players and ensure that there is cover for all eventualities and players are played to their strengths, bringing along a togetherness factor and a play fer the shirt mentality. Well TB is probably almost there in theory and now has to show that it all adds up in practice - Cometh the hour, Cometh the man ?