FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Tulloch Stadium Suitability

BornCaley

Ah Dougal, it's been a long time

All the same.... just don't take the bait!!!!

With all due respect I look at our stadium as a fan whereas you look at is a freeloader

Let's face it wouldn't matter one hoot how many stands it has in your mind, just as long as you have a comfy press room with access to free hospitality with all your cronies

Poor man's Frank Gilfeather in my opinion

Dougal

• Agree 2

With all due respect I look at our stadium as a fan whereas you look at is a freeloader

Let's face it wouldn't matter one hoot how many stands it has in your mind, just as long as you have a comfy press room with access to free hospitality with all your cronies

Dougal

Why is a stadium with only three sides not suitable for top flight football in Scotland?

• Agree 1

Dougal

Do you pay to get into your place of employment Dougal ?

• Agree 3

All the same.... just don't take the bait!!!! With all due respect I look at our stadium as a fan whereas you look at is a freeloader

Dougal

Why is a stadium with only three sides not suitable for top flight football in Scotland?

Ask it one more time and he might answer you. To be fair it's typical Dougal, posts a load of pish then waits for everyone to fall for the bait.

FFS! What have you done to my lovely thread! What started out as a funny, quirky and ironic look at my Euro campaign with ICT in FM13 has become all childish rant about "Caley 3-Stands".  Now that Dougal has returned from the dead this thread is moments away from being another "M" thread.

I shan't have It I tells yah!

Edited by BornCaley

FFS! What have you done to my lovely thread! What started out as a funny, quirky and ironic look at my Euro campaign with ICT in FM13 has become all childish rant about "Caley 3-Stands". Now that Dougal has returned from the dead this thread is moments away from being another "M" thread.

I shan't have It I tells yah!

I think you should be able to merge clubs in football manager...

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

TBH, Dougal is right in his points about the stadium only having three sides and its stupid location. The missing ingredient in his post is reality.

Reality renders any topic like this irrelevant and a bit awkward to read.

There's smaller changes to the stadium which could be implemented with the right investor, such as putting up big screens or expanding hospitality facilities, basically ICT would just rent the space out for another company to put the extras in and they take all the profit.

I know I've looked into the cost of big screens in the past, for about 100-150k its doable. If you added an extra 10k to the installation costs you could probably have it rotate on the far side of the ground to face the incoming traffic to Inverness for when there's nothing going on in the stadium, which is where you'd make all your money back.

If you had two then you could have one face the other way to outgoing traffic.

In that location you could probably power the bloody things with a windmill.

I actually like the stadium - yes another stand or a large pitch length billboard structure with fans painted on it (aka Borussia Dortmund's wall of noise) would be nice but once this global warming lark kicks in we will have a nice wee stadium located on the banks of Costa del Moray and cold and blustery conditions things of the past :-))))

• Agree 1

Dougal

Do you pay to get into your place of employment Dougal ?

Comfy press room......free hospitality with all of your cronies.....how I laughed. The facilities might be best described as "no frills" and hospitality extends to coffee and pies which are devoured by the central belt attendees who have starved their way up the A9. Top trolling Dougal and admirable restraint Charles.

This old chestnut re the stadium only having three sides - It is certainly the case that in umpteen stadiums only 3 areas are being opened, due to cost, lack of numbers, stewarding, etc.  For the past umpteen years I have followed ICT to most away games and there are many clubs where whole areas of the stadiums are left empty (from bad memory - Killie, Motherwell, St Mirren, St Johnstone, for a start).   Inverness is not the only stadium to only use 3 sides - maybe the original poster complaining about our 3 sides doesn't visit many away games - he would maybe change the record.   The same applies to those who complain about parking - what about the clubs who provide no parking at all for away fans - our club should be justly proud of providing parking for both home and away fans, no matter the grumbling about getting away after the final whistle (but that's another story/gripe).  Get a grip, all of you, you don't know when you are lucky and, if you don't like getting wet/burned with the sun/wind in your face/whatever, then change your seat to the North Stand - simples. 

• Agree 2

This old chestnut re the stadium only having three sides - It is certainly the case that in umpteen stadiums only 3 areas are being opened, due to cost, lack of numbers, stewarding, etc.  For the past umpteen years I have followed ICT to most away games and there are many clubs where whole areas of the stadiums are left empty (from bad memory - Killie, Motherwell, St Mirren, St Johnstone, for a start).   Inverness is not the only stadium to only use 3 sides - maybe the original poster complaining about our 3 sides doesn't visit many away games - he would maybe change the record.   The same applies to those who complain about parking - what about the clubs who provide no parking at all for away fans - our club should be justly proud of providing parking for both home and away fans, no matter the grumbling about getting away after the final whistle (but that's another story/gripe).  Get a grip, all of you, you don't know when you are lucky and, if you don't like getting wet/burned with the sun/wind in your face/whatever, then change your seat to the North Stand - simples. 

I know the plural of stadium is not "stadiums" but I couldn't be bothered to change it.    Before the "correct" brigade sort me out.  

• Agree 1

I know the plural of stadium is not "stadiums" but I couldn't be bothered to change it.    Before the "correct" brigade sort me out.  

It would have been quicker to sort it out than post again explaining why you couldn't be bothered! :lol:

• Agree 1

If there was leeway for a standing only terrace then we would probably have a four sided stadium. I think it looks considerably worse when you go to a stadia like Killie or Well or Falkirk when there are only three stands open and loads of spaces. However Midden may have got it spot on.

It would have been quicker to sort it out than post again explaining why you couldn't be bothered! :lol:

Lizi, you are actually right. Stadiums is the preferred plurar throughout most of the english speaking world. Stadia is derived from latin and seldom used to mean plural of stadium according to http://grammarist.com/usage/stadiums-stadia/

Dd, it would have been quicker to do a bit of research before laughing. :lol:

• Agree 1

As was clarified by the Chairman, and has been mentioned before, if Caley Thistle were (by some miracle) drawn against Barcelona in a Europa/Champions League (qualifying/group) match, then TCS already has the necessary license (under current regulations) required to host the home leg of such a tie.

All other matters in regards to suitability are nothing more than opinion.

• Agree 1

Lizi, you are actually right. Stadiums is the preferred plurar throughout most of the english speaking world. Stadia is derived from latin and seldom used to mean plural of stadium according to http://grammarist.com/usage/stadiums-stadia/

Dd, it would have been quicker to do a bit of research before laughing. :lol:

So in India, which has a population of over a billion, they use "stadia". Meanwhile the Yanks, who have notoriously bastardised the English language since before the Boston Tea Party - keeping, as they do, their "pants" up with "suspenders" whilst making their way along the "sidewalk" in search of a "street car" - use "stadiums".

I think I'll stick with good old standard English and stuff whatever "criterions" our transatlantic Johnny Come Lately cousins adopt.

I have to concur re the poorly designed stadium. It really is a soulless place. Still it is what it is and we must get on with it. Possibly the real issue is the people that inhabit it , or not as the case is. ICT provided entertainment and quality last season on a level never seen before..........crowds will not incease in numbers or volubility however because that is the way we are. Others are right...........if you don't like it then the time has come for you to seek your Saturday entertainment elsewhere as others have done. Many like myself hanker for the days of Alloa, Arbroath et al but we have risen above that level now and a return would probably signal the end of our club.

Of more concern is the plan to introduce average speed cameras on the A9. It would take me all day to get north when that happens..................unless the cameras were unfortunately disabled by some freak accident!

The pavement in North America means the roadway whereas the sidewalk means exactly that , the pavement (if you get my drift). :lol: There are no streetcars   there any more unless San Francisco still runs a few for the tourists but the word sounds much more exciting than trams doesn't it? I mean. Hollywood would never name a film "A tram named Desire" would they?

Suspenders are almost out with hankies on heads on the Brighton beach  but may be still worn in the Deep South where the residents'  slow drawl matches the speed of their brains whilst they dive into muddy rivers to extract mighty mud -dwelling fish that only a navvy could lift on a good day after he  has had a good sleep. or... eat countless buckets of Kentucky Fried chicken washed down with Budweiser in gallons. :smile:

Oh, and men no longer wear hats in public, maybe the beautiful Stetson when on a hoss or on their ranch  though and that's it.

As for stadiums, the Americans  never build small and some of them are beautiful and meant to hold up to a hundred thousand fans .When they do something (in Canada also) they do it in style and Yanks are outward -looking and not afraid to put their money where their mouth is and for this I have to admire them-- they sure have panache and drive, and money of course.

Mind you, jazz emanated from that area so  there is a lot of talent there, especially in N'Orleans. The American civil war which started at Fort Sumpter , just off the Southern coast of S. Carolina, was also a product of the intense inward -looking thinking of the Southerners, and ultimately took 600,000 lives which, at that time, was the most deaths ever suffered in any war ever fought up to that time. Needless to say, the carnage and misery wrought was "something else" and the South never recovered from it ,so unique prejudice still remains in much of that area even to this day.

Believe it or not, there is a lot to be said for spelling words to reflect the way they are spoken but if you are a newbie from Great Britain you will have a hard time figuring it all out , especially when you have to decide which language to use when you write a book like   www.destiniesinmotion.com  because, with America being probably the largest market in the world one has to  choose horses for courses and that is why the Americanised spelling is generally adopted for communication.

• Agree 1

Yeah Scarlet but they don't have monsters in their lochs over there, at least not as long standing as ours, neither do they have any Kelpies and they wouldn't know what a goolachan is so I'm staying here with the Selkies.

Now there are characters to compliment your books!!