FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Build-up to Partick game

HeScoresWhenHeWants

As we all know, last time out on the park wasn't so great. But at home this season we still haven't conceded a goal and we seem to play well all the time there IMO. Partick are on a bit of a slump ATM so we are definitely in with a great chance of winning. No Vincent but we have good enough replacements for him. Also the game is on Sky Sports and tbh we dont really play that great when we're on live tv..... but still we're good enough at home atm so I'm saying an easy 2-0 win for us. Any thoughts?

• Agree 1

Lots of Eagles over here too Eagle4Caley.

Always idly circling round above the house...maybe 1000 feet above us. They are after the goshawks and when they spot one it's all hands to the pumps and hell for leather downwards at a great speed. Them little goshawks can surely fly too, frantically granted, but with spirit and a plan--get to the trees or else. One can only imagine the number of beats per minute their hearts are going at. Great sight.

Your dedication has been mentioned in dispatches. All power to your elbow and your wallet.  Caley Thistle needs you..

I have to say that I am a tad surprised that there have been so few posts on this thread. I do hope that it does not link to over confidence or a win expectancy. The next couple of weeks could really define our season. We have four winnable games - three at home and Tinkerville away. If we are heading towards Easter Road with another 7-9 points in the bag and a Semi-Final place then we will have proven that the last few games prior to the International breaks were our dip in form and blips. We will hopefully have proven that the bubble was just deflated and not burst.

All four of those games are clearly in the winnable category. It will be interesting to see if TB changes his system at Dungwall and I sincerely hope that he does not go on the defensive. The other three are at home and again we should have the strength to win through all of those. For the first time in a while I am looking forward to these games with more trepidation than anticipation.

• Agree 2

Patrick Thistle will be a tough proposition. I watched their match against Hibs on the TV and thought they looked well organised. The only issue they've had of late is putting the ball in the back of the net. Let's hope it stays like that on Sunday.

• Agree 1

We need to find the right balance in midfield now Vincent is out, clearly the replacements and position changes at St J didnt perform well. Where Ross, & Doran play and who comes in whether Watkins, Greenhalgh or Toby will be key. Also need Raven back fit and if he is out then Devine is not the best player for the RB position. I see Partick game as highly winnable due to being at home and their lack of goals - so we need to treat this game as a way to get the line-up and formation correct with early substitutions if required before we go away to County and then have the biggest game of the season so far in the cup.

Raven is fit to play on Sunday, we will hopefully replace polworth with Greenhalgh and we can inter charge the 3 just behind Billy so we confuse the Partick defence 

Being as that Polworth was, reportedly, the only one trying to play at McDairmid I reckon he'll start.

Don't mean to be harsh on Polworth but he struggled badly for large parts of the game. He wasn't helped by being made to play behind Mckay and in front of Foran / Draper.

Edited by RiG

As I said on the matchday thread, Polworth was a headless chicken and should have been hooked in the first half.  Nick Ross has also been poor on the wing for weeks and if he's going to be played anywhere, it's down the middle.

Don't mean to be harsh on Polworth but he struggled badly for large parts of the game. He wasn't helped by being made to play behind Mckay and in front of Foran / Draper.

He struggled for the first 20 minutes but he was not the only one.

I thought he linked the play well for most of the match thereafter. I would still prefer Nick in this position though (think Polworth is better in a deeper role) but I am yet to be convinced about Greenhalgh (though to be fair he has limited time to adapt to the Scottish game yet)

Foran 's statements for sure are never going to  put a player down, But he said a mouthful as well and you have to believe he believes in what he says. Like the  good things he said I feel he is an honest, forthright , excellent player with loads of experience and frankly many a time an oft I have judged him to be the best player on the park. :wink:

Then again a  fat, round Pimple seeing only highlights can hardly be  termed an expert--an excerpt, maybe but still  only an overseas  fan.  Whee! :wink:

Hopefully the game against St Johnstone was a one off. In the absence of Vincent I would like to see Greenhaugh given a start as he has played pretty well in the games he has come off the bench. A good win this weekend will set us up nicely for the county match