FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ross Draper PUSH

WYNESS101

I'm sure the ref would have chalked the goal off if Celtic had scored as a result of him preventing Draper closing the player down.

No......thought not. Rather than whining away at Draper perhaps he should think about apologising to him the next time!

He's lucky he wasn't booked to be honest I think most refs in this country wouldnt be so lenient and a yellow would have been shown

Afraid this incident puts Ross in the spotlight even more so now with the refs and he could become a target if he doesn't wind it in a bit

Dougal

Poor positioning by the referee!! In rugby they avoid being sucked into the scrum.

Actually thought Crawford had a pretty good game as referee.

His positioning was actually correct initially (on the line of the penalty area) but he was let down by moving into the box somewhat prematurely.

There was a shove, but it was hardly done with any malice.  It's no more than what any of us would do if someone backed in to us in the street in order to stop us having toes trodden on or being bundled over ourselves.  Looked to me like the Crawford Allan appreciated that fact and just got on with the game so talks of being a target or it deserving of a booking/card/sending off are quite ridiculous, IMO.

• Agree 2

Think it maybe shows some refs are giving us a little bit more respect. However, if he was booked or sent off, would he have given a penalty to Celtic!!!!!! I wonder if there is anything in the rule book to cover the ref getting in the way of the defender.

Well done Ross, although I do think what he said as he pushed him may have had a bearing on the way the ref reacted

Wrong. A penalty can only given for an offence that results in a direct free kick. Those offences are handball or involve direct contact with an opponent. Offences against match officials result in an indirect free kick, which will be the same in the box, just think of the keeper handling a back pass. However, a push against an official that results in a red card should see the match abandonded, at least according to the rules. In lower leagues it does.

He's lucky he wasn't booked to be honest I think most refs in this country wouldnt be so lenient and a yellow would have been shown

Afraid this incident puts Ross in the spotlight even more so now with the refs and he could become a target if he doesn't wind it in a bit

Dougal

Seems I was right again

Dougal

Poor positioning by the referee!! In rugby they avoid being sucked into the scrum.

Actually thought Crawford had a pretty good game as referee.

His positioning was actually correct initially (on the line of the penalty area) but he was let down by moving into the box somewhat prematurely.

Just watched the video again and didn't realise how close the referee was to the goal. You are completely correct his (the referees) positioning was awful!