FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

2 hours ago, Jack said:

Any idea who? needs to be signed today.

I think it's tomorrow the window closes :O, it is in England anyway because Sky Sports News is listing Deadline Day all day tomorrow. 

I swear to god, if that clown Mulgrew signs then Dudds really has lost the plot 😡

4 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

I think it's tomorrow the window closes :O, it is in England anyway because Sky Sports News is listing Deadline Day all day tomorrow. 

I swear to god, if that clown Mulgrew signs then Dudds really has lost the plot 😡

Could be inspired and just save Doddsie, CEO and Chairman through the current crisis. Mulgrew maybe past the top flight, but would strengthen and improve (imo) our weak and leaking defence. He also had a decent left foot so that carries a threat we are also missing. 
From the above three’s position it’s not  a risk. Dodds is under pressure from the CEO and Chairman and he knows it! The bad results and flack from some fans is beginning to hit home. Throw in the ridiculous Robbo situation, Gardiner and Morrison know some of the others in power and influence are looking on at them with more scrutiny and may be questioning how long to they need to change the fortunes of the club. 
Both Gardiner and Morrison would throw Dodds under a bus if they thought it would save their own (Thump like ) skins. 

Football however as we know is s strange game. I recall positions where the manager is under pressure and looked doomed, however a win at a crucial time manages to settle things down and they live to limp along. (Broon as the Scotland manager stick with me as a case)!
It will be the “others” with power at the top will press the button for change. Our gripes on this modest little outlet means Zipp.

This Saturday will be a trigger for me and my scribble above. It’s a case of if you want change now, do you want home win???

bc

Edited by big cherly

Mulgrew would be a great signing. Experienced, aggressive and physical CB knows the game and has aspirations to learn and move beyond playing. But he is opinionated and not afraid to be honest and speak his mind therefore instantly I'd expect a clash with Dodds which would be doomed to fail.  

• Thoughtful 1

Inverness Caledonian Thistle have signed defender Morgan Boyes on loan from Livingston until the end of the season. 

The 22-year-old started his career at Liverpool coming through the club’s academy and he made his debut for the club in December 2019.

According to Sky Sports

Gosh we have a young squad! 

• Thank You 1

On 8/29/2023 at 7:19 PM, caley100 said:

Hopes :   28+ experienced left sided, no nonsense defender.

Reality:   19yr old right sided defender/Full back that canna get a game for Falkirk.

22 and Livingston but you were on the right lines!

• Thoughtful 1

44 minutes ago, Robert said:

Back to Boyes, our previous Welsh players in recent years have done pretty well. Owain Tudor Jones, Owain Fon Williams and Marley Watkins. If he has a similar impact we will all be happy. 

I seem to remember Sam Pearson was doing pretty well too until his loan was cut short due to a close family bereavement.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, ICTPaisley said:

Bit of an exotic signing for us. The hope is alive….

Nikola Ujdur is certainly a more exotic (and more unpredictable) signing than we have been used to in these Championship years. Hopefully he gets his work visa!

As far as I can recall the last time we brought someone over from Australia was about 20 years ago, a forward called Adriano Pellegrino who was on trial one summer but didn’t get an offer. He must’ve been good though, he went on to play for 20 different clubs!

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

17 hours ago, Eagle4Caley said:

Inverness Caledonian Thistle have signed defender Morgan Boyes on loan from Livingston until the end of the season. 

The 22-year-old started his career at Liverpool coming through the club’s academy and he made his debut for the club in December 2019.

According to Sky Sports

Gosh we have a young squad! 

Blimey, I've only just realised that Robbie Deas is apparently aged 23, so was a mere 20years old when he joined us, so by comparison Boyes should be 'ready to go' and Nikola Ujdur an mature and experienced campaigner. Three players in, in one week!

• Agree 2

Nathan Shaw for me, was our best player yesterday, and not for the first time in several games, and I was reading that his contract is up at the end of June 2024, if this is correct, has the club entered into a contract extension, and if they have,  and Nathan doesn't want to extend his contract with ICT, shouldn't they make him available for transfer? Otherwise he will be the next one of our long list of top players to leave the club for nothing.

• Well Said 1

7 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Nathan Shaw for me, was our best player yesterday, and not for the first time in several games, and I was reading that his contract is up at the end of June 2024, if this is correct, has the club entered into a contract extension, and if they have,  and Nathan doesn't want to extend his contract with ICT, shouldn't they make him available for transfer? Otherwise he will be the next one of our long list of top players to leave the club for nothing.

I shudder to think where we’ll end up if we sell Shaw who has been our best player this season and the only scrap of quality we have in the team while Sean Welsh is out.

• Well Said 1

1 minute ago, The Mantis said:

I shudder to think where we’ll end up if we sell Shaw who has been our best player this season and the only scrap of quality we have in the team while Sean Welsh is out.

I'd rather get some money for him, rather than him leaving for nothing, which seems to be our default position when our best players leave.

• Well Said 1