FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

What are you going to do?

STFU

On 8/31/2023 at 9:13 AM, robbo1985 said:

Dunfermline at home

Raith Rovers away 

Dundee United at home 

Arbroath away 

If offered six points from twelve right now I'd take them!  

I think we’ll be lucky to come away from Arbroath with 3 points, not expecting anything from the other three except an unhealthy dose of embarrassment.

• Thoughtful 1
  • Facepalm 1

Hopefully the new signings will settle into the side quickly and make a big difference. If they don't then they will, at least, add another chapter to Doods new book 'A 1001 Excuses For Being Shite'  

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Gringo said:

Hopefully the new signings will settle into the side quickly and make a big difference. If they don't then they will, at least, add another chapter to Doods new book 'A 1001 Excuses For Being *****'  

Takes time to gel and they need to integrate into our style of play....standard manager spin

Although unless they were registered prior to midday yesterday they can't play today anyhow. Thats my understanding of the rules.

• Agree 1

43 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Although unless they were registered prior to midday yesterday they can't play today anyhow. Thats my understanding of the rules.

The club’s announcement said Boyes is available for selection today. The Aussie is still in Australia. 

• Like 1

What a crock of ****. Dodds GTF and take gardiner with you. Robbo undecided About as for Ross Morrison time to stand up and be a man make some decisions and stop Gardiner before him and Dodds leave us with nothing left 😪😪

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 2

Today, I stayed away. Nice weather. Cycled my bike. Chilled out and enjoyed a positive afternoon away from hoofball. Didn't miss it at all. Quite sad indeed as in seasons past wouldn't have missed a home match for anything. 

Give me a shout when Dodds and Gardiner are gone please. 

Edited by Duke of Inverness
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 3
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

Despite everything going on at the club and the disgruntled support I wasn't expecting a crowd figure of 2388. I take it there was a large Pars contingent? Was there any protest?

35 minutes ago, Gringo said:

Despite everything going on at the club and the disgruntled support I wasn't expecting a crowd figure of 2388. I take it there was a large Pars contingent? Was there any protest?

It was the largest away support that has been in the away end for some considerable time. I expected Dunfermline and Dundee United to be the two teams bringing good numbers to the stadium this season. 

There were a few boos, and a few shouts about Dodds to GTF, but else nothing significant that I saw or heard.

• Thank You 1

4 hours ago, Gringo said:

Decent away support yes. Felt very empty round us in North stand though. I'm dubious of the counting lol 

• Agree 1

At league games, I believe they (and all clubs) count the season ticket holders whether there or not. All the usual people were around me plus some strangers.

The north stand looked slightly quieter than normal with very few of the youngsters in Section 94, although I hear some of them have moved into the main stand near the dug outs so their voices can be heard by the Manager and coaches.

I’d say there must have been about 500 Dunfermline fans as more than half the south stand was open for them.

Edited by Robert

2 hours ago, BobbyDazzler said:

No way was there 2388 fans at the game. I'd say around 1800 tops 

Pravda, for those under 40, this was the fore runner to ‘spin’. I spent a lot of my youth being shown pictures of Latin American and African tribal camp kids in ‘tic’ tops declaring their long lasting admiration and loyalty for ‘their’ team. Even thou they could not speak or understand a word of English. Or pick Europe out a map never mind Scotland!!
Ahhh, blissful, ignorant happy daze!!    (Spelt right).

bc

Edited by big cherly

What I'm seeing in this conversation is that there are fans who would like to see some action being taken, even though there's no real consensus on what that should look like.  There's even a growing number of fans who were against the idea or sitting on the fence who are moving towards the idea that something needs to be done.

The biggest hurdle to any action being taken by fans seems to be the lack of leadership/organisation.  No group is better placed to do this than the Supporters Trust, and it is part of their objectives to represent fans/community in these matters - https://www.ictsupporterstrust.org/the-trust

In my opinion, they are complicit in their total silence and lack of acknowledgement of the the fans' concerns outlined in this thread and on the wider forum.  This only serves to strengthen the club's position that fans don't/should not have a voice, and can be ignored.

We've had all the excuses from ex trust board members and volunteers.  Time for the chair/board themselves to show face, tell us what they are going to do, or give reason for why they are doing nothing.

• Well Said 5

7 hours ago, STFU said:

What I'm seeing in this conversation is that there are fans who would like to see some action being taken, even though there's no real consensus on what that should look like.  There's even a growing number of fans who were against the idea or sitting on the fence who are moving towards the idea that something needs to be done.

The biggest hurdle to any action being taken by fans seems to be the lack of leadership/organisation.  No group is better placed to do this than the Supporters Trust, and it is part of their objectives to represent fans/community in these matters - https://www.ictsupporterstrust.org/the-trust

In my opinion, they are complicit in their total silence and lack of acknowledgement of the the fans' concerns outlined in this thread and on the wider forum.  This only serves to strengthen the club's position that fans don't/should not have a voice, and can be ignored.

We've had all the excuses from ex trust board members and volunteers.  Time for the chair/board themselves to show face, tell us what they are going to do, or give reason for why they are doing nothing.

Too complicit, compliant, frightened and too late!

A mealy mouthed timid ‘can the club possibly look at getting a win’ - ‘that will help us get more signed up members’

Change will only come when it hits them in the pocket. Nothing else counts to this lot! The most visible way is low attendances. But the way things are going that’s already happening! 

bc

Edited by big cherly

Today marks the 30th Anniversary of the historic votes which led to the merger and the creation of ICT.  The intervening years have brought a great deal of success with the club having won the Scottish Cup, had several years in the premiership, and played in Europe. There have been some hugely memorable days during that period and we can look back with a lot of pride. Against that history it is very sad, 30 years on, to see where the club is now. We are struggling in a lower division, getting beaten by part time sides, haemorrhaging support, and have a Board of Directors and senior management that seem to care little for the supporters and their concerns. It therefore seems like an appropriate time for people to make their views known to the club. The current decline on and off the pitch needs to be turned around, and soon.

As STFU says, the Supporters Trust is best placed to represent the fans.  Hopefully an open meeting will be the opportunity for people who are concerned about the state of the club to come forward and offer some constructive help to the Trust.  The Trust Board is democratically elected by its members and all supporters are welcome to join.  The Trust Board is, therefore,  what the supporters make it to be.  If the supporters want the Trust to be more effective, then the supporters have it in their power to make it so.

• Disagree 1
  • Well Said 3

• tm4tj unpinned this topic