FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Intro Music

Guest dansdad

Guest dansdad

looking back to the last home game of the season against Dumfermline the "Highland Marchers" were introduce onto the pitch with "Highland Cathedral" Blasting out on the P.A.  This really seemed to go down well with all the crowd and set up a great atmosphere, what about giving it a try to introduce the players onto the pitch next season ?  Any thoughts .

Rather amusing that you should mention the Highland Marchers doing their lap to Highland Cathedral.

I may be speaking out of order here, but we had a situation in regard to the walk round at Love Street.  It wasn't agreed until the day before the match that we were actually going to be allowed to do the walk round (nothing new, it's been this late in being arranged elsewhere).  We asked if they wouldn't mind playing our choice of music for us as we did this and were met with a "no can do" response.  When the subject of "why?" was pushed we were told that all music being played at the stadium must be approved by the Police and Match Commander in case it had any sectarian underpinning!!!  Understandable issue, so we went to the trouble of getting the music we wanted copied on to a separate CD and delivered to the Stadium early on the Saturday morning to allow the Match Commander and police the chance to have a listen to it beforehand.

We arrived just before the match as was arranged, got ready by the tunnel and waited...then waited some more, and waited a little longer before being set off on our way without our music.  We had supplied 2 choice of tunes - Highland Cathedral and Jean Michel Jarre - Rendezvous IV.  OK, I could understand the possible objection to Rendezvous IV as it has exerts from a speech given by JFK, but surely Highland Cathedral was a no-brainer as being "safe"....it doesn't even have any words  :029:

Anyway, to cut a long story short - The discussion regarding the use of Highland Cathedral for the team to run out to has been had before.  Some thought it a good idea, some thought their were better options but nobody really had a "I'd never return to the stadium if we played it" attitude.

Having being subjected to Jean Michel Jarre - Rendezvous IV constantly for a week it was starting to become a little grating, but I think it would be a great tune for the team to run out to.

ohhhhhhh noooooooooooo!!!!! please not :018: its th worst teauchter song ever, we'll get th utter mince taken out o us even more!!

also please take that song 'that's the way uh-huh uh-huh i like it' off when we score!! how gay can u get!!! :008:

There is absolutely nothing wrong, or embarrasing, about Highland Cathedral as a signature tune for the club. Even away fans like it. And to correct a point caley4life, it is not a teuchter song. It is a bagpipe tune that was produced, arranged and composed by Uli Roever and Michael Korb. The former a dutchman and the latter a german, and was written in commemeration of the scots battalion that marched into Berlin at the end of the last war. The tune has also been muted as a contender for Scottish anthem.

Exactly Alex

It's a right shite tune.

How about something with a bit of up and at em in it

Freebird......................it's a bit slow to start, but if they walk slowly for fifteen minutes it will get up to speed :023:

How about ELP's Fanfare For The Common Man when the team come on the pitch. Very dramatic and anthem like.

And I get accused of being an old fecker  :015:

I like it though. Or Wolfstone 'Battle'.

How about ELP's Fanfare For The Common Man when the team come on the pitch. Very dramatic and anthem like.

And I get accused of being an old fecker  :015:

I like it though.Or Wolfstone 'Battle'.

Nah, some 2nd Division no marks play that already :023: