FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

waste of money

dan_ict

Guest TinCanFan

It's not really a new team, it's pretty much last seasons team with a couple new faces and a couple of people left and if you buy a ticket the chance you take is paying your money to see some great entertainment or to pay and see some dire performances like what happened last week.

Guest TinCanFan

I think what he means is that he has played money to see ICT and he feels that it is a waste of money because the team are playing so poorly.

Don't think that I've every viewed paying to see ICT was a "Waste of Money" - even following the most miserable of games.

Think prices are high and things could be done to make the game more affordable for more people, but that's a different argument IMO.

There is a stark choice for people in Inverness and the Highlands. You either support SPL football in all its forms or you travel to Aberdeen or Glasgow. Possibly also a significant amount of money if not always a waste.

A few years back that was the choice but in recent years it has been a privilege to have SPL football right on our door step. Nobody enjoyed last weekend and from an accounting point of view you may well deem it a waste of money. Now get back to supporting the SPL in Inverness and the Highlands and support this team during its difficulties. The amount of money supporters put into this facility is quite modest when you look at where the money comes from and it is far cheaper to watch it here every other week than travel to Glasgow or Aberdeen.

Not so long ago Aberdeen were regular visitors to the basement. This is the first year since our entrance that Dundee United are above us and doing well but that is aided by two top class Internationalists who also happen to be ex ICT players and where our current Manager was sacrificed after clearing out years of dead wood.

Now get back and support the team.

Still can't quite follow dan's drift here....

Does he mean the admission prices are a waste of money, or is he referring to a certain player's wage demands...?

:024:

Entry cost is the same as last season...  so you must mean Marius?  he can only pay back if he gets a game!

Brew fuc*ed up last week big time.... by playing Bayne up front with Denzil.. that was a waste of money.

To finish 8th would be fantastic for ICT. Five out of the top six teams pretty much pick themselves anyway at the start of the season. The rest of us are fighting for one spot in that top 6 so the odds of getting in there are slim to begin with. Not sure why it's such a surprise to some people but then again quite a few people on here have quite lofty ambitions.

Many of you already know my feelings towards the SPL and all its 'spin off's' (i e Setanta...... :008:) but, supporting ICT is what I do and what I will continue to do in some shape or form. Cost of entry and the 'entertainment' you get, plus the added bonus of being treated like a lepper by some stewards, really doesn't make it all worth it. After last weeks events against Motherwell I was seriously considering not bothering coming up for the Arabs match (I still am!!) but, know doubt, I will be there in the end.

I waste money on Ladbrokes every week so I may as well 'waste' some on ICT too.

Dan, the fact that you can watch SPL football at all in Inverness is a great bonus for those of us brought up on a diet of Highland League fare supplemented by friendlies againt Old Firm XIs ond the odd run as far as the fourth round of the cup.

Make the most of it. These are heady times for Inverness football fans.

Dan, the fact that you can watch SPL football at all in Inverness is a great bonus for those of us brought up on a diet of Highland League fare supplemented by friendlies againt Old Firm XIs ond the odd run as far as the fourth round of the cup.

Make the most of it. These are heady times for Inverness football fans.

Indeed.  Kids these days don't know they're living!

The difference between us and the big teams' fans is we know how to win and lose graciously, sometimes spectacularly.  Its all part of life aboard HMS Sneck.  Never stop believing, young padawans!

Dan... Can I just apologise for some of the language you will probably have noticed on this thread...

Unfortunately some of the contributors to this site have an extremely limited vocabulary.

One in particular I can think of actually only knows one adjective and sadly it begins with the letter "f"..

These individuals are more to be pitied than scolded....  :018:

It'd be more of a waste of money to see a cheating referee in the dying second at hampden park!!!

I, like most here, follow ICT through the good and the bad. Thats what supporters do.

I have travelled up from coventry in all weathers to see many games. I remember a 4-0 defeat to Clyde at broardwood but i was up again 3 weeks later. Thats what supporters do. I remember a 4-3 defeat to Livingston for the 2nd div title decider, but was there the following season. Thats what supporters do. I remember a derby defeat, dumfries after a 26 hour round trip, crap-i-low visits, long 'away' days or weekend trips for a game to be postponed as close as 25 minutes before kick-off, but i still spend my money because thats what supporters do.

If i decided to think my money was not deserving of a team like ICT, i would not have seen Celtic get gubbed 3-1, or seen us lift the first division title, or see performances such as Rangers 2-1 at home, or comebacks against Falkirk....

We will come good soon. have faith and keep pluggin your pocket money into watching the best football the highlands has ever seen!!!