FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

January Transfer Window.

FortressICT

Why the **** are we even discussing this - we may not have any money to spend and we always make a pigs feckin ear of it - only hope is that we have a new manager who is given some money to spend.

ok IME, it would cost a lot more to sack brew. pay him off and get a new manager in than to get in a much needed reliable CB.

I think we need a right back or centre half preferably someone who could do both.

A right winger.

Get someone who can do all three: Kevin Muscat. Bringing in old Craig Moore could be pretty good too though bringing in both might be a bit expensive. I'd settle for bringing back big Bobby though.

CRAIG MOORE ! Would that be the same fella who's just been recalled to the Australian team ?

We definitely need an experienced striker. How can the likes of Rooney and Wood develop without an older head to take the pressure of them and guide them through games?

Is Brew not the most experienced striker at the club, he would be the obvious one to pass on tips ( off the pitch ) but thats what training grounds are for.

Guest WynessLegend

It would be nice to get one or two new faces ........

but we'll do fine without any additions.

Some of you want a good right back.

In Proctor we have one of the best around.

Once he's fit it will be like a new signing.

Up front Rooney shows genuine promise and I believe he will come good

before January.

Speedy right winger? How about Don Cowie?

We have an exciting young squad with cover in all positions -

this will be our first "top six" season.

Winters is 33, experience i agree but he is mighty slow although he could make a good super sub. From what i hear though he is very popular in Norway. Defnitely don't want Dargo back, not the kind of striker we need. I noticed that Owen Morrison guy is a free agent. He looked a good player when he played for Dunfermline.

rumours should be in the Rumours Forum...... :rotflmao:

Anyway, how could we create the conditions under which he would come back--with lower pay, requiring to eat humble pie, colder Northern climate, etc ?

Very unlikely IMO. Inadvisable too since he would almost certainly want a contract and what if his confidence in this scenario has been do affected that he can't produce? More precious money wasted by ICT perhaps.

2 new fullbacks!! In our last 2 games we have lost 4 goals from crosses. Is this acceptable???? Think lately Ross and Richard aint been doing the business of late or have we enough cover ere 2 change/rest??? Personally i think we play better with McBain in at left back

Given that we have that option of playing McBain at left back and the option of Proctor, I wouldn't say that using our limited resourses to bring in another full back should be a priority.

Potentially bottom of league in 2 games,, n if Proctor still injured and we r still throwing in goals from wide areas!!!!!!!!! 4 goals conceeded from crosses in 2 games not good is it?

I agree that over the last few games we have lost goals from crosses coming in from wings that should not have got in, when we keep hiting the first man - lessons there to be learnt!!

However, think first target must be of Dods status and stop the leaking of silly goals, playing alongside Munro

Forwards just ain't taking the chances presented to them. We are not getting many chances in a game so it is harder on us when we miss potential goalscoring chances.

Rooney for me looks like he could provide the guile if playing consistently up front alongside another, possibly Barrowman although Wood had a really productive game v Celtic (bas the miss, he worked as hard as I have seen from a forward this season)

Midfield we have sufficient and I would like to see Black signing another deal minimum 2 year extension preferably 3 years

Edited by Brian

2 new fullbacks!! In our last 2 games we have lost 4 goals from crosses. Is this acceptable???? Think lately Ross and Richard aint been doing the business of late or have we enough cover ere 2 change/rest??? Personally i think we play better with McBain in at left back

None so blind etc......

We have lose the same amount of goals as the league leaders!! We have scored HALF the goals of the league leaders!

Think I see the problem and it may not rest with the defense.

We are ONE win away from Fourth place - maybe Third place in two wins!!

Half full or half empty, after Saturdays performance I find it difficult to understand so much negativity from 'fans'!

I was at the match on Saturday - the only way Caley is going to have a good go and stay in 3rd to 4th position ( which i think they are capable of) is to play with 2 forwards on - wheather that means

Barrowman playing the lone stricker and Rooney playing in the hole or the other way around I dont know - but after watching yesterdays match and the way we play the 4-5-1 role the best midfielder we have Blackie is not able to do what he does best - he needs to be the one controling that area - he strives on getting on the ball but with the 5 across the middle he does not seem to have the room he needs to get on the ball - and another thing is why does Brewster wait until we go down 2 nil to put on Rooney - last week he did the same thing - I think Rooney is good in the box area he seems to get on to almost anything coming into the area -Rooney is a good footballer he knows where to be and you can see some of the runs he makes but does'nt get the ball it must be very frustrating for the forward's - the wingers need to put the ball in the box much more - our team need to be quicker to react to free's and throw in's etc - when they put the ball on the ground and pass it we were just as good as Celtic