FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Heads on a Plate

absent friend

We now appear to have the fans from nine teams in the SPL calling for the head of their manager.

JJ lost four goals to Rangers so he is crap, CB lost five last week so he is also crap BUT CB then beat Hibs this week so MP is crap and so it goes on!

Lets agree that we can change all the managers round about, with no fee and therefore keep the fans happy - at least until they realise that this league has a large number of similar teams who can all take points off each other despite/because of, their manager!

It is easy to lose faith in your team/manager with relegation being a possibility but it would appear, the teams are all in the same position and it has the potential for a superb finish to the league with goals not points being, maybe, very important!

This year being sixth or last may be dictated by a couple of results over the year.

Maybe it is time to get the scarf out and add your support.

Exciting or what!!

JJ has done wonders at Killie, maybe they want Bobby Williamson back :rotflmao:

MP had a hard job of emulating the great footie of Tony Mowbray and cup success of JC

Jimmy Calderwood has to deal with a 20 year old legacy of arguably the greatest manager of the last 30 years.

Craig Brewster, well Robbo won us the league, Christie is a Legend, and Paterson was the master of the total attack football whereas Brewster has jumped ship once for greener grass and has no real attachment to the club.

Gus M is a scumbag in charge of scum bags. Nothing wrong there.

How anyone could call for Yogi's head after how he has the club running?

Billy Reid has a really hard job keepin his team up but if he's under the cosh i'd like to think accies fan realise how far he's brought them.

Lazlo has a cool name and not to forget the odd regime he works under

Motherwell's mark maghee has turned Well from relegation candidates to a nice football team.

The OF two get horror stick too. Uefa cup finals, cup wins and a treble on the other side clearly not enough.

Is Levein the only safe manager?

I don't mind Gus. Why's he a scumbag apart from the club he manages :rotflmao: :thumb04: :018:

Don't mind Yogi either.

McGhee I rate very highly but he's out of our league unlike the two above.

Unfortunately not, which might cost us 9 points this season which we'll probably need.

Ozzy Ardiles wants to manage an SPL club!!

One of the worst managers ever. Remember his formation at Spurs, was it five or six strikers they played?

If you read other teams forums or P&B you see that every current manager in the SPL, except Levein and Laszlo, has fans who want them out. Maybe Billy Reid as well. Falkirk fans periodically bay for Yogi's blood, it's only reall the last six months or so that the calls for him to go have abated. Earlier this season St Mirren fans were after McPherson for negative football and pish results, Killie fans a few seasons ago started one of those online petitions to get Jeffries sacked, Hibs fans were calling in large numbers for Mixu to go during this pre-season and Aberdeen fans seem to hate Calderwood with a passion, despite them having reached the top six for three seasons in a row and progressed in Europe last time out.

Lots of football fans are complete muppets and the internet, phone-ins etc gives them a voice. The fact that a significant proportion of Celtic fans hate Gordon Strachan despite him winning three titles in a row and getting the team further in the Champions League than ever before all on a smaller budget than his predecessor says it all.

One of the worst managers ever. Remember his formation at Spurs, was it five or six strikers they played?

If you read other teams forums or P&B you see that every current manager in the SPL, except Levein and Laszlo, has fans who want them out. Maybe Billy Reid as well. Falkirk fans periodically bay for Yogi's blood, it's only reall the last six months or so that the calls for him to go have abated. Earlier this season St Mirren fans were after McPherson for negative football and pish results, Killie fans a few seasons ago started one of those online petitions to get Jeffries sacked, Hibs fans were calling in large numbers for Mixu to go during this pre-season and Aberdeen fans seem to hate Calderwood with a passion, despite them having reached the top six for three seasons in a row and progressed in Europe last time out.

Lots of football fans are complete muppets and the internet, phone-ins etc gives them a voice. The fact that a significant proportion of Celtic fans hate Gordon Strachan despite him winning three titles in a row and getting the team further in the Champions League than ever before all on a smaller budget than his predecessor says it all.

So what you're really saying is that we have matured into being a true SPL club and that part of that is a perpetual discontentment with officialdom?

I suppose there's something in that, but as for Celtic fans hating WGS it's because he's not "Celtic minded". :rotflmao: I know a team where he'd be appreciated.

To my mind, the only teams who can have any real complaints are:

Rangers due to the Champions League fiasco, although Smith has got them running again

Aberdeen but they really need some money to match expectations. I don't think Calderwood is really to blame, given what he's achieved.

Hibs but I think it's just Mixu learning his craft. Think he'll come good.

ICT, as they are going backwards with a manager who left previously at the first opportunity.

I can't see a new manager doing much better than the likes of Billy Reid or Gus McP. Jefferies should be given the freedom of Kilmarnock for keeping a virtually bankrupt side safe and usually challenging for the top 6. McGhee and Yogi couldn't be bettered and wouldn't be short of offers if the axe fell (in fact, I wonder if they would even step up a club if it happened). Strachan is one of the best managers Celtic have EVER had. As for Hearts, who knows what actually goes on there...

I think it's just Mixu learning his craft. Think he'll come good.

I don't rate Mixu. Hasn't he been in management longer than Brewster? There's no doubt who won the tactical battle on Saturday, and it's not often you can say that about Brewster.

To be honest I think Brew is still having trouble picking his best 11, once we have a settled starting team I'm sure it will be reflected by some decent results

**** me ya muppet - the first part of your sentence was spot on - and the reason why we havent been getting good results - and whos' fault is that ?

Plus could you imagine Ordiles saying Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

I don't mind Gus. Why's he a scumbag apart from the club he manages :018: :rotflmao: :thumb04:

Don't mind Yogi either.

McGhee I rate very highly but he's out of our league unlike the two above.

Anyone associated with the midden is scum. Its fact. Sorry Denzil and Dargo but your tarnishing your own name by association. At least your taking money for your troubles.

And besides i wasnt too keen on Gus as a player either.

Can't blame celtic muppets for hating Strachan! I hate the wee ginger whinger too!

Edited by weeStie

Can't blame celtic muppets for hating Strachan! I hate the wee ginger whinger too!

yes but what but the reason they hate him is not because he is a ginger whinger but because he is not a Celtic minded(whatever that is), all the success he has given them yet he is not liked because of that, crazy

I have mixed feelings about Strachan but would lean more to the positive than the negative....one thing is for sure he is passionate about what he does and he has without doubt brought them a lot of success....

As to the others in the SPL I think Levein is the outstanding manager and I am sure he will prove that at United if he continues to get the right support from within the club....think he might eventually want to have another go down south after the Leicester experience but probably not until he has won a few trophies with United....

McGhee I also like and think he can do a lot better than Motherwell (and no disrepect to them)....wouldn't be surprised to see him at Pittodrie soon....

It will be interesting to see who the next new managerial face to the SPL will be....Lambert? Collins? Hartley?