FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Celtic

Renegade

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

---------------------------------Esson------------------------------------------------

---------------Duff-------------Munro-------------Mihadjuks-----------------------

-----Tokely--------------------------------------------------------Vigurs------------

------------------Cowie--------------Duncan-------------Black---------------------

---------------------------Rooney--------Imrie--------------------------------------

------------------Esson------------------

--Tokely----Mihadjuks---Munro--Hastings--

--Cowie-----Duncan-----Black-----Vigurs--

----------Rooney--------Wood------------

Subs:Fraser, Duff, Imrie, Morais, Barrowload, Maguire, Gathuessi

Esson

Tokely Pav Munro Dunno (not Vigurs though. He was mince when played at LB down at Killie last season)

Cowie Black Vigurs Imrie

Morais (if fit) or new guy Rooney.

Same wavelength davie - it shows the peeple who study the games instead of just watching them - Feck me, thats a compliment ya fecker.

I still worry that it depends on who advises Butch and Misspass this weekend.

I think Rosscoe has to go to rite back but Pav has to be right sided to cover (as Dods did) as Cellic and the Huns have targetted our rite flank regularly fer the last two seasons. Stciking Cowie wide rite in front would also give us extra cover.

He has to play Pav and Munro as they are building up an understanding. Please dont put Granty to left back.

Left back - Vigurs would be a risk but who else is there ? Only option could be Maguire as a stop gap, especially if Munro is pulled in more central. I hope that the next week he adheres with McBain.

The midfield you choose is what I would go fer if it wasnt fer the call offs and the rest of the season - but I think that we have to put Duncan in there. Imrie is fast becoming a "cult" figure and should be given the chance to prove his worth as a player.

Rooney should be the first choice - reckon Foran would be on the bench at the most. Morais may be a risk to play so we may have to go fer Rooney and Barrowman - IMHO Rooney and Wood is a waste of space. I would love to see Barrowman now he is freed from the shackles.

It is such a shame that we dont have Bazza in the squad cos I would have either pitched him in from the start or had him ready to come on. That is now as bad a decision as the Muppets made.

Guest Mahonio

Esson

Tokely Munro Mihadjuks Hastings

Morais Black Cowie Vigurs Imrie

Wood (only because he scored last time v Celtic)

Subs: Fraser, Duff, Duncan, Rooney and Barrowman.

I am not sure if any of these players are injured or Suspended though.

----------------------------------esson--------------------------

-----------DUFF----------------PAVEL-------------HASTINGS

-------------------BLACK----------------COWIE----------

----MORAIS-----------------------------------------VIGURS

-------------------------------IMRIE--------------------------

----------------FORAN-----------------ROONEY-----------

----------------------------------esson--------------------------

-----------DUFF----------------PAVEL-------------HASTINGS

-------------------BLACK----------------COWIE----------

----MORAIS-----------------------------------------VIGURS

-------------------------------IMRIE--------------------------

----------------FORAN-----------------ROONEY-----------

:thumb04: :rotflmao: hello!!

said on radio hastings,hong kong and morias all out injured

Better change mine given its been a busy week in the transfer market.

Esson

Tokely, Munro, Mihadjuks, Byrne

Zander, Duncan, Black, Vigurs

Foran, Imrie

subs. Fraser, McGuire, Duff, Morais(if at all fit), Rooney, Odhiambo, Wood

Edited by ajsict92

---------------------------------Esson------------------------------------

Tokely------------Munro-------------Mihadjuks-------------Byrne------- (he did sign right?)

---------------Black----------------------------Duncan--------------

-----Cowie--------------------------------------------Vigurs-------

----------------------Foran----------Rooney------------------------

Imrie to have a crucial role as a sub. If Foran injured, Barrowman comes in.

Subs*: Fraser, Duff, Proctor, Paterson (if signed), Kerr (if signed), Imrie, Wood, Barrowman

(Zadi and Sutherland - he's not on loan yet I don't think - standing by)

If I'm completely wrong and Byrne never put pen to paper, then Paterson if he signs,. If not, then Steven Smith if he signs. all else fails, then Proctor to fill in at LB. Ooooh, it's a conundrum this week!

*probably doesn't fulfill the U21 rule but what the heck, we'll take the fine :rotflmao:

Edited by starchief

We might be struggling, but can't see Celtic allowing us to field 12 players!!!

Hard to know what to expect, or wish for, given the new players that have come in and how Butcher might approach this game. Would love to see us just take to the field and go for the jugular, but if we're to start getting results then we also need to start being smarter at the back and "suicide tactics" aren't going to prepare us for games where we'll have to be a bit smarter about things.

Butchers been talking a lot about getting tough etc, and I have no doubt we'll see a bit more fight from the team...I just hope we can be a little street-wise with it and not concede anything silly.....that's where we made mistakes against Hearts.

It's only just over a year ago (Dec 16th 2007) when we beat them 3-2 after going two goals down early on.

There were several great performances that day - notably from Proctor and Cowie who both scored. We actually played out the last 15 mins with 10 men after Proctor got sent off for a professional foul.

Michael Fraser was another who probably played his best ever game for Caley.

I hope TB watches a video of that game before he announces his line-up.

Proctor, Black and Cowie should definitely be on from the start.

Edited by Johnboy

It's only just over a year ago (Dec 16th 2007) when we beat them 3-2 after going two goals down early on.

There were several great performances that day - notably from Proctor and Cowie who both scored. We actually played out the last 15 mins with 10 men after Proctor got sent off for a professional foul.

Michael Fraser was another who probably played his best ever game for Caley.

I hope TB watches a video of that game before he announces his line-up.

Proctor, Black and Cowie should definitely be on from the start.

Whats the feckin passion for Proctor ? :rotflmao:

We beat Cellic becos of Niculae, Cowie, Rankin, Black and Fraser. That was due to playing Cellic with the pace amd forward mobvement of Rankin, Black and Cowie - ably abetted by the touch of Niculae. Wouldnt you love to see that again - Cowie - Black - Rankin ?? Lest you not forget Proctor left us in the mire with 25 minutes to go !!

Whats the feckin passion for Proctor ? :rotflmao:

We beat Cellic becos of Niculae, Cowie, Rankin, Black and Fraser. That was due to playing Cellic with the pace amd forward mobvement of Rankin, Black and Cowie - ably abetted by the touch of Niculae. Wouldnt you love to see that again - Cowie - Black - Rankin ?? Lest you not forget Proctor left us in the mire with 25 minutes to go !!

Naaah... Still say that was Proctor's finest hour in a Caley shirt even given the sending off... McGeady (I think) had a clear run in on goal... Proctor had no option but to take him down, and of course he got to him long before Rosscoe would have got near him.

Talking of forward movement he also managed to provide some quality support for Cowie and Niculae, and even managed to score himself.

He must be due another performance like that some day soon. Tomorrow would be a good time to re-discover a wee bit of form.

When was the last time any side came back from a two goal deficit against the Tics and held out with ten men?

mike in goals.

pavels in central defence, with munro partnering him.

big dezbi-shabby left back (give him his chance) and roscoe right-back

imrie wide elft and cowie wide right of midfield.

duncan and black in central midfield

rooonneey and barrowman up front (with foran replacing barrowman late on, although i have heard from a couple of people that hes out with a back injury)

the only player i am worrying about is big dzebi-zadi. at times he looks a bit of a liability, but hopefully he will be on top of his game today. barrowman should now get a crack at holding down a first-team place, and rooney has consistently been our best player all season.