FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Another Point In The Bag

Dmacca

In normal circumstances a good result achieved last night, but was a point enough, are you confident that we will beat the drop?

Midden fans gotta be xxxxxxx themselves.

In normal circumstances a good result achieved last night, but was a point enough, are you confident that we will beat the drop?

Midden fans gotta be xxxxxxx themselves.

The Midden fans are no the only one's..:024:.....Oh how I hope we can nail all 3 points from Killie on Saturday.

We can beat the drop we have being picking up points from most games not like st mirren and falkirk have

SPL 09/10 IN THE HIGHLANDS! :024: :) :)

Except Falkirk picked up four points in their last two games, which is why we're still in the sh*t....

John Sutton's goal last night had massive implications for Caley Thistle. Had they held on for 2-1, they would instantly have been safe on the night. However, since they didn't, they are now in the situation for the first time that they know before the game starts that one clear cut result will guarantee safety. Win at Kilmarnock and Inverness retains SPL football. There is also the secondary option that a draw would do if St. Mirren lost to Falkirk.

And on the mention of Falkirk, their status in the eyes of ICT fans has certainly been utterly transformed in the last 24 hours, hasn't it?

For weeks, Falkirk have been the side ICT have been desperate to see losing. Now they should be desperate for them to win against St. Mirren as an insurance policy should ICT not beat Killie because, as I've just said, that would bring a draw at Killie into the equation. But also, in the worst case scenario, if this does go to the last day of the season, ICT would presumably prefer to meet a Falkirk team which was safe after beating St. Mirren and with the Cup Final in sight rather than one which was still fighting for its life.

Easy Beastie - get a few cheekies down yer throat - Lets face it we have never experienced this before and it aint feckin nice is it - I was on tenterhooks all night last nite - especially that free kick situation in injury time. But I would have happily have taken a point last nite before the game - I would have left with a point when we equalised as they were caning us - and yet I was left disappointed at not being able to go home and relax and the feeling that we had thrown it all away.

But we have 5/9 in the split so far with two games away from home - cant sniff at that. Unfortunately Falkirk have been the fly in the ointment but they have picked up 7/9. Rugby Park has been a fairly good ground fer us and there are still five teams in the mix. I do fear that this is going to go to the wire fer all concerned with the potential of at least two final day deciders at Sneck and Midden. I hope feckin not.

John Sutton's goal last night had massive implications for Caley Thistle. Had they held on for 2-1, they would instantly have been safe on the night. However, since they didn't, they are now in the situation for the first time that they know before the game starts that one clear cut result will guarantee safety. Win at Kilmarnock and Inverness retains SPL football. There is also the secondary option that a draw would do if St. Mirren lost to Falkirk.

And on the mention of Falkirk, their status in the eyes of ICT fans has certainly been utterly transformed in the last 24 hours, hasn't it?

For weeks, Falkirk have been the side ICT have been desperate to see losing. Now they should be desperate for them to win against St. Mirren as an insurance policy should ICT not beat Killie because, as I've just said, that would bring a draw at Killie into the equation. But also, in the worst case scenario, if this does go to the last day of the season, ICT would presumably prefer to meet a Falkirk team which was safe after beating St. Mirren and with the Cup Final in sight rather than one which was still fighting for its life.

At the moment two points will do it no matter what (and with 11 minutes to go last night, we had those two points). If Falkirk win on Saturday, that becomes one.

Lets just make it simple and beat Killie, eh!