FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

scotland vs norway line up

dam17

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was never part of the sack George campaign....but I am now.

Smith, Brown and McLeish all saw that we didn't have the ability to dominate games and play free-flowing football. Vogts never learned that, now it's obvious Burley hasn't either. If he had the England team, he'd be a sensation but expecting us to go to Norway, after our previous performances, with an attack-minded team was pure folly.

We're best when boring (sad but true).

Im hoping TB see's he needs to stand down and sort us out first.. lol with that scotland squad we were doomed from the start, the guys he picked are good but now world cup good

Walter Smith - had a great squad. Got all the players playing well and getting good results

Big Eck - carried on from what Walter was building on so he did the same got the squad working as a team and got results

Burley - Did things his own way and fecked up big time

I've never been convinced by Burley as Scotland manager. I thought he was going to suprise me for the first half hour and get a result tonight, but a few shocking ref decisions, a deflected shot later and Burley has the chance to prove he has the ability to sort out the team during the game. He failed miserably. Wrong subs, wrong tactics Wrong manager!

He will claim decisions went against him, but thats football, deal with it. He didn't deal with it.

Congratulations Norway, you played one of Europe's minnows off the park.

Dreadful performance by Scotland and I listened to Duffy, McLeish, Brown at half time saying 'there's still something in it for the Scots' when anyone who has ever stood on a terracing for 10 minutes could clearly see we were pish and only in it to limit the damage.

I want to see the compromising photos Commons has got of Burley...can there be any other reason he gets picked? Scott Brown was unfit and Miller flatters to deceive.

We have been, for ages, in the same grouping as Luxembourg, Liechtenstein and San Marino...the idea that we go into any international match as anything as underdogs is a fecking joke.

I doubt it's anything to do with Burley. These players are either ***** or unfit...and then we cry when they get the doing they deserved.

Like I say, well done Norway, you...gave...us...a...hell...ofabeating!

What a disgrace we got destroyed by a team distinctly average with a few exceptions. We ended up playing without any centre halfs. Our squad is now made up of far too many players from England's 2nd tier of football and they are just not good enough. Mccormack may be the only one from that lot good enough. All I can say is thank god James Morrison was not playing as he is even worse than half the other players in the squad.

Just as I suspected, Scotland are absolutely woeful, one of the worst European teams in existence just now. I feel sorry for the thousands who follow them. It can't be for the football, because we are about the level of Clach. No excuses for the defeat, we deserved to be down to ten men and should have lost around 7-1. Maybe we could compete with the likes of Malta, Faroes, and erm...erm, must be someone else, maybe Luxembourg and Strathspey Thistle, although I have my doubts. If Scotland were not a laughing stock before, they certainly are now. In fact my wife commented that was unkind to Clach, and I tend to agree with her.

My thoughts on Burley is that he has little respect in the dfressing room and should be dumped, like Vogts. It would be easy to amend the banner to read Burley out. Sort it Scotland, we need something to cling on to, but this is just embarrassing. We would be better not entering these competitions just to save face.

At the end I was hoping Norway would just score a Barrowman..............if nothing else it would make sure we never ever qualified for something and would help rid us of one of our worst ever managers.

That is exactly why I can't get excited about Scotland anymore, bring on the ICT games.

Doesn't do much for Butchers stock.

Either he's just a 'yes' man to Mr Incompetent or he is contributing directly to that shambles :P

It's the latter of the two options if you ask me. Scotland ended up with two full backs playing as centre halfs. Sounds eerily familiar to me.......

Doesn't do much for Butchers stock.

Either he's just a 'yes' man to Mr Incompetent or he is contributing directly to that shambles :P

Totally agree. I certainly wouldn't want to be any way associated with such a woeful international side. After the sending off (what an idiot having just got his first yellow card a few minutes earlier), Norway looked as if they would score every time they entered our half. I can safely say that was the worst Scotland performance I've ever seen (and I've seen a few). World Cup? Forget it. That lot wouldn't win the North of Scotland Cup.

Embarrasing performance last night... Commons has to go - he didn't even look interested in tracking any of Riise's runs and because Hutton is an attacking full back we were caught out on the right far too many occasions. I think the sending off of Caldwell will save Burley's job

McFadden out the team as well??? He's right "everything that could have went wrong did" because he let it.

Vogts + Craig Brown = Burley i.e. a nice manager that has no idea

gutting, it's not that we were beat away from home with 10 men, which is expected, but it's manner of the defeat.... absolutely no fight! I don't buy this "we were looking alright until the sending off" bollox... we were on the ropes before then as well, Carew was a constant menace - we were failling miserably to deal with him + Riise had a volley he skiied from 5 yrds!!

He is trying to play a passing Technical game as it was said, We are not a passing Tech team, someone on here summed it up, its was like watching CB.. Scotland are a Scrappy team that should go out and defend until we get a break and take it... this tactic works for us, not nice fluid passy passy pi5h... back to basics, Scrap for wins.......

They have TB, one of the best defenders the UK have had, with that we shouldn?t be leaking goals, he has an eye for talent look at what he?s brought in for us all be it they are mostly English, he will be watching other teams this year and I hope we get call ups from ICT and others in the First..

We are a small skint country, and with the top flight doing little to bring through young scots and the top most teams going out with Scotland to find talent our, National team pays that price, our Talent is mainly playing down south in the English lowers, that or they are getting to old.. with only a couple of acceptations to this rule?

Its going to take years for us to build a good strong side, by that point we will have gone through ? managers so we will lose consistency, we need someone like GB he doesn?t want to leave and will have a ?plan for long term? I?m going to stick my neck out and say we should keep him, let him (I hope) learn as he goes and build a team for the future??