FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Get a Grip!

Mike

I cannot believe that I'm seeing the same posters on here who were waxing lyrical how well we've being doing suddenly losing the faith! Ok we lost against the scum, so what, it's a Marathon not a sprint, and I truly believe we have better quality in our dressingroom than any other team in this league. My only concern would be that Lionel was having a nightmare, and Terry took off Proctor, when it was obvious about Lionel and Sanchez was not even at the races. Defencively we have been OK but why suddenly introduce Zonal marking and that's why we lost the first goal! The second was an own goal and the third Stratord should have cleared. All in all a bad performance but to read all the negative posts, really GET A GRIP!!!!!!

I cannot believe that I'm seeing the same posters on here who were waxing lyrical how well we've being doing suddenly losing the faith! Ok we lost against the scum, so what, it's a Marathon not a sprint, and I truly believe we have better quality in our dressingroom than any other team in this league. My only concern would be that Lionel was having a nightmare, and Terry took off Proctor, when it was obvious about Lionel and Sanchez was not even at the races. Defencively we have been OK but why suddenly introduce Zonal marking and that's why we lost the first goal! The second was an own goal and the third Stratord should have cleared. All in all a bad performance but to read all the negative posts, really GET A GRIP!!!!!!

I agree with you 100% it has been taken too far. It feels like their is a crisis going on (and not the top gear kind of crisis)

the whole forum never ceases to baffle me. Thats not even taking into account renegade.

the worst thing is that quite a few don't bother to make the effort to watch the team perform then feel its alright to sit back and criticise the clubs every movement.

anyone who saw the game at dundee would agree that we are a good team with at least half a chance of winning the league.

the whole forum never ceases to baffle me. Thats not even taking into account renegade.

the worst thing is that quite a few don't bother to make the effort to watch the team perform then feel its alright to sit back and criticise the clubs every movement.

anyone who saw the game at dundee would agree that we are a good team with at least half a chance of winning the league.

Anyone who saw the games against County , Ayr and Montrose would disagree .

Tokely is victorious--not to say that your post is wrong nor nuffink but is it all right then if I continue to post from 9000 kilometers away, even if I may at times say something out of total stupidity or disappointment or frustration--you know how it is....like? :lol:

Anyone who saw the games against County , Ayr and Montrose would disagree .

DC's got a point there....

I missed the Dundee game, but was unlucky enough to see the other 3 games he mentioned.

As Butcher said in his aftermatch speech, he is as baffled by the players performance as well. It was the same guys that performed so well at champions elect Dundee, in fact I thought we were the better team, considering we were the away team. Dundee are also finding out that it will not be easy.

I don't know why they performed so poorly either, lets hope it was just one of those days when nothing went right. We seemed jaded. Maybe we should have rested some for the cis/alba cup games.

Anyway, chin up folks, it must surely get better.

You only need one or two of our team to be 'off' in a game or one or two of their team to be 'up' - for a big difference to be experienced BUT if both occur in the same match a big gulf can be seen.

The players that are 'off' then put the others under so much additional pressure that their play becomes suspect as well.

This raises the one big question - WHY AGAINST THE TINKS!!

You only need one or two of our team to be 'off' in a game or one or two of their team to be 'up' - for a big difference to be experienced BUT if both occur in the same match a big gulf can be seen.

The players that are 'off' then put the others under so much additional pressure that their play becomes suspect as well.

This raises the one big question - WHY AGAINST THE TINKS!!

Lack of local home grown players in our squad?

We lost a game. We will probably lose a few more before the season ends. I think we have a promising young side and as good a chance of promotion as any other team. Lets calm down and if we are still on same points and out of cup competitions in October perhaps start pressing the panic buttons.

Give me a C

Lack of local home grown players in our squad?

I think you could be correct!

I am daft enough to think that if Rossco was on the field he would have instilled, by example and verbally, what it was all about and given the rest a lead.

His return to the team won't come quickly enough for me.... maybe then, just maybe, we might start to string a few decent results together.

Don't get to away games much, none this season. I have to accept that, as advised by those who were there (not all of them mind :angry: ) that we have performed very well away from home to date.

Maybe there's a theme going on, maybe I should stay away from home games too!

Best thing to do is forget about this game and look to the next.

It was a terrible day for all involved (apart from the tinkers) but the best thing to, especially for the new boys is accept it, learn from it and move on.

Very disappointed in the result on Saturday, not only the loss, but the manner in which we lost. It was obvious to me that County were up for the challenge and that our players felt short of the required application and commitment to win the game.

Maybe we have some players who have come in thinking that this is a stepping stone to a bigger club and they will be soon off. From watching ICT for the last 15 years it is normally only the players who apply themselves who get the ?dream move?.

Butcher has a reputation as a motivator ?caged tigers? etc but should he really need to motivate professional footballers playing their local rivals at home at possibly the biggest crowd of the season.

Some of the players are very young and inexperienced it may be time for the older heads to step up to the mark provided the Manager picks them. Give the players who may feel unjustly in my opinion that they let us down last season by getting us relegated the chance to prove themselves this season.

BUT

It?s early in the season hopefully too early to judge the final outcome.

This is what supporting your local team is all about, highs and lows, good times and bad.

Old firm supporters rarely experience a run of poor results and therefore do not appreciate the good times.

This does not mean we should be complacent I believe (controversial bit coming up now) that the decline of the Scottish National Team is partially down to the tartan army?s celebrate if we win, celebrate if we loose mentality in the past, this attitude passes on to the players. Granted there has been some criticism after the Norway game although directed at the manager rather than the players.

Something struck me on Saturday 15 years ago or so playing at Telford St how many people would have though that we would have been within a whisker of a Scottish cup final and possible European qualification, had 5 years in the top league and attracted an ex-captain of England and Rangers as our manager.

We can get back on track for promotion, but it will be more difficult than many of us thought, but not an impossible task. That?s the beauty of football and what keeps many of us coming back you can never tell what might happen as someone once said ?it?s a funny old game?.

Tokely is victorious--not to say that your post is wrong nor nuffink but is it all right then if I continue to post from 9000 kilometers away, even if I may at times say something out of total stupidity or disappointment or frustration--you know how it is....like? :P

oh by all means. just don't believe the spin, don't jump on the bandwagon and don't over-react to a poor performance.

and i am sure you don't :rolleyes:

What we need is a reality check, we are not an SPL team we are a new team that needs to gell so it will take time. I must admit I am a bit confused as to why we need to lump the ball up the park or do they call that the percentage game, I can only think its because Grant needs to get back into positon that is centre left back, confused? I am sure Grant is when ever Lional gets the ball.